1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vendreads

EXFO-EN082
    Vendread Battlelord
    Level 7 DARK Zombie-Type Ritual Monster
    ATK/ 2700 Def/ 0
    You can Ritual Summon this card with any “Vendread” Ritual Spell. You can banish 1 “Vendread” card from your GY and declare 1 type of card (Monster, Spell, or Trap); for the rest of this turn, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects of that type. If this Ritual Summoned card is sent to the GY: You can add 1 “Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, send 1 “Vendread” monster from your Deck to the GY. You can only use each effect of “Vendread Battlelord” once per turn.

EXFO-EN083
    Vendread Core
    Level 1 DARK Zombie-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/ 0 DEF/ 500
    If this card is in your GY: You can banish 1 other Zombie monster from your GY; Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. A “Vendread” monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each of the preceding effects of “Vendread Core” once per turn.
    • Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects.

EXFO-EN084
    Vendread Charge
    Quickplay Spell Card
    Send 1 Zombie monster from your hand or face-up from your field to the GY; Special Summon 1 “Vendread” monster from your deck. You can only activate 1 “Vendread Charge” per turn.

EXFO-EN085
    Vendread Revolution
    Trap Card
    Discard 1 card, then target 1 “Vendread” monster and 1 Ritual Spell in your GY; Special Summon that monster in Defense Position, and if you do, add that Ritual Spell to your hand. You can banish this card from your GY; then target 5 of your banished Zombie monsters; shuffle them into your Deck, then draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of “Vendread Revolution” once per turn.

https://ygorganization.com/extreme-f...dread-effects/

Seems no one was interested about Vendread and no thread was created for them.

I think F.A. had the upper hand this time. These cards are nice, Battle lord is a nice alternative to Slayer (even if Slayer's floating effect is still better).
    Core is better for synchro and link plays, I think.
    The trap is good but being a trap is SLOW, they didn't need to add the "discard 1" clause. The spell is really good but, again, is a -1.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posters haven't been making news threads as frequently in general, honestly.

I've been trying the new Vendreads on the simulators in an updated Deck, and I love them! Vendread Reunion has been made even easier to use with the advent of a Level 7 Ritual, and I've loved it every time I got the play off. Charge is awesome, and Revolution is appreciated, for both of its effects and for its art. Altogether, these cards helped consolidate the previous batch, and I'm having quite a bit of fun with the current version of the Deck. (I'm using Vampire Sucker, too, which is also nice.)

Speaking of Revolution's art, I sense a new, 11th hour power-up for Slayer in the form of a new Level 8 Revendread with a matching new Revendread Ritual in Flames of Destruction.

One other thing I didn't seem to have issue with from the first wave that I'm seeming to is the lack of a Ritual Spell. For some reason, I didn't have a problem with it from their first release, but I notice it now. I wonder why?

Either way, looking forward to their last wave of support!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was waiting for the accompanying artwork to be revealed.

Anyway, we've got another Ritual monsters that states "any Vendread Ritual Spell" but we still have only one so far. Is the next set gonna release 2 Ritual Spells or what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy I can hear from someone who already tested the cards. Do you play all the ritual monsters? I was thinking of playing 3 Slayers and 1 Battlelord and cut the Chimera out, but maybe it would be better to play 1 Chimera to activate Reunion more easily.

I play a Shiranui engine (3 Solitaire, 2 Uni, 3 Mezuki, 1 Gozuki, 1 Sword, plus 1 Blacksmith and 3 Swallow's Slash because they're just so good), and most of the duels I find myself playing only those cards, because no matter what I do, it seems I can't manage to have ritual spell, ritual Monster AND the small vendreads on the field to fully play the Vendread half of the deck. Most of the times, only two of the three conditions are met.
    These cards seems good but, again, I would like a second ritual spell, a big beater, and a way to gain card advantage because, as of now, the only way is Prep/Pre-Prep.

ScionStorm, the art has already been leaked. It seems the Org hasn't created an article on it yet, but a certain Facebook page already leaked it.

And what do you guys think of the art? The previous sets were more Resident-Evil centric, while the last one seems more Spawn-based (or, at least, I don't see many connection with the Resident Evil saga).
    Last edited by BBDD; 26th January 2018 at 09:30 AM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Effects are good, but this archetype did not go the way I thought. I was hoping the effect monsters would be based off of resident evil monsters like, zomie humans and dogs, lickers and hunters the things you fight through out the game while the rituals would be spawn related characters like Spawn, angellica and clown all with ritual spells that can be generally used to summon any vendread ritual but specifically name a certain ritual monster for a specific effect makeing pre-prep still work. But the theme is more resident evil in my opinion which is cool and all, but I wanted bad ass spawn characters in yugioh form fighting the infected resident evil monsters. In the end I only have myself to blame for that high expectation of the archetypes theme. Other wise the effects are pretty good. Shiranui serves as a good partner to these guys which is also too damn good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would have been such a cool idea!
    To be honest, I always thought the ritual monsters were a mix of spawn characters and Resident Evil most iconic bosses: Slayer kinda reminds me of the Tyrant (the last boss of the first RE), Chimera slightly resembles Birkin's ultimate form, and Battlelord screams Nemesis to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I was waiting for the accompanying artwork to be revealed.

Anyway, we've got another Ritual monsters that states "any Vendread Ritual Spell" but we still have only one so far. Is the next set gonna release 2 Ritual Spells or what?
    As I mentioned above, I suspect we'll gain a new Ritual Spell to coincide with an arguably telegraphed Slayer upgrade next wave. Since the Vedread Rituals can be Summoned using any Ritual but we only have them corresponding with the Revendread hero, which would explain why Chimera and Battle Lord don't have one, unless and until we do get a new Revendread, we won't get a new Ritual. That in mind, I do believe a new Revendread is forthcoming.

By the way, the "any Vendread Ritual Spell" is an example of future-proofing.

Also, the card proxies are on Konami's Strategy Site, as of Wednesday. And as mentioned, that infamous Italian Yugioh Facebook group has the arts (though not the whole cards), and someone put those all up on imgur.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    I'm happy I can hear from someone who already tested the cards. Do you play all the ritual monsters? I was thinking of playing 3 Slayers and 1 Battlelord and cut the Chimera out, but maybe it would be better to play 1 Chimera to activate Reunion more easily.

I play a Shiranui engine (3 Solitaire, 2 Uni, 3 Mezuki, 1 Gozuki, 1 Sword, plus 1 Blacksmith and 3 Swallow's Slash because they're just so good), and most of the duels I find myself playing only those cards, because no matter what I do, it seems I can't manage to have ritual spell, ritual Monster AND the small vendreads on the field to fully play the Vendread half of the deck. Most of the times, only two of the three conditions are met.
    These cards seems good but, again, I would like a second ritual spell, a big beater, and a way to gain card advantage because, as of now, the only way is Prep/Pre-Prep.

ScionStorm, the art has already been leaked. It seems the Org hasn't created an article on it yet, but a certain Facebook page already leaked it.

And what do you guys think of the art? The previous sets were more Resident-Evil centric, while the last one seems more Spawn-based (or, at least, I don't see many connection with the Resident Evil saga).
    To start, I ended up with a 60 card Deck. I personally don't mind playing those in general, but I thought to mention it first in case it may be a problem.

Anyway, I use 3 Slayer, 1 Chimera, and 2 Battle Lord. Battle Lord's Level of 7 makes it a very alluring card, and I used 3 Reunion to try and capitalize on that Level. I keep one Chimera and have Summoned it a couple times in my small handful of Duels.

One of the reasons my Deck is as large as it is is because I want to give respectful due to the Vendread while using Mezuki and Uni-Zombie. I use 3 of both along with 3 Solitaire and 1 each of Style Slash, Smith, and Spectral Sword, but that last part is still rough; I'm blanking on that combo that gets Smith and Solitaire in the GY and Omega on the Field so you can Ritual Summon and banish both and Summon back Smith, and Spectral Sword, though it hasn't been a problem, hasn't been as boonful in my small handful of games. I only use 1 Style Slash so far for room's sake, but I kinda want it at 2. I've also been using 1 Infinite Transience, and it saved me once, so I want to try 2, too. Last but not least, I've using 2 Goblin Zombies instead of Gozuki.

Since I eye to set up Reunion whenever possible, I use 3 Allures, too.

For the Vendreads that aren't Rituals, I have 3 Cores, which I love, and 2 of each of the others.

This all seems a mishmash, but it works better than it looks, and between Nights, Reunion and the new wave, I feel things work better as a Deck than it did before. The only issue is that the lack of a 2nd Ritual Spell, Pre-Prepable or not, is starting to show its wear on the Deck, now that it has more pieces to it. I think that'll solve itself in May, though.

Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    Effects are good, but this archetype did not go the way I thought. I was hoping the effect monsters would be based off of resident evil monsters like, zomie humans and dogs, lickers and hunters the things you fight through out the game while the rituals would be spawn related characters like Spawn, angellica and clown all with ritual spells that can be generally used to summon any vendread ritual but specifically name a certain ritual monster for a specific effect makeing pre-prep still work. But the theme is more resident evil in my opinion which is cool and all, but I wanted bad ass spawn characters in yugioh form fighting the infected resident evil monsters. In the end I only have myself to blame for that high expectation of the archetypes theme. Other wise the effects are pretty good. Shiranui serves as a good partner to these guys which is also too damn good.
    Slayer is still akin to Spawn, though. He's pretty much the lone hero against the Vendread menance, which is why he is the only Revendread among the the bunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that, but it is still not what I was hoping for theme wise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I understand that, but it is still not what I was hoping for theme wise.
    If that's the case, than I am confused as to what exactly you were hoping for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    If that's the case, than I am confused as to what exactly you were hoping for.
    I already stated that. I hoped the rituals to be based off of iconic spawn characters, not just have only spawn (slayer) while the effect monsters are swarm based resident evil monsters such as zombies or dogs (which is being done well), but the archetype is just spawn and resident evil monsters no Angella, clown or anyone else of mention form the spawn series.