Thread: Vampires Resurrect in Dark Savers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    That damn pear!
    lol

This guy seems pretty handy for a Xyz focused vampire deck, which most are despite the only Vampire duelists appeared during the GX era. A little deflated feeling to be a boss monster and cover card for the set though. So, will the new Vampires be more Konami's Castlevania references?

And I still want an upgraded Vampire Genesis! And his signature move- "Hell Vicious Blood".
    that would be awsome especially when he could be summoned with anny zombie monster that would be awsome.....
    Come out, the circuit of dreams and hope ! Arrowheads confirmed ! The summoning conditions are 2 "Trickstar" monsters. I set the 2 of Trickstar Narkiss and Trickstar Candina in the Link Markers ! Circuit combine ! Link Summon !

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed the Ambitious View Post
    I'm just a little disappointed that it's a Rank 6 and not a Rank 5. Sure, the new Vampire cards in the set might be Level 6, but that probably means that they won't have much synergy with the old ones, except for gimmicky stuff like the PK RUM mentioned above.
    I forget, how many Level 6s do Vampires currently have? Grace and Curse are the only ones, right?
    Sanokal

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I forget, how many Level 6s do Vampires currently have? Grace and Curse are the only ones, right?
    Yep. Only those two for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I really enjoyed this card a lot more than I thought I would. From that we can tell the new Vampires will be level 6 and steal monsters, but even if we don't know them yet, there are still always to summon this already existing Level 6 monsters that steal monsters: Goyo Guardian, Metaphys Horus and Doomkaiser Dragon. But the easiest non-Vampire method must be Tributing a Hieratic to Enemy Controller. Greydolls can probably summon this without any level 6s and so can pretty much any deck by teching Double Magical Arm Bind or its more situational counterpart Switcheroroo. And then there's the already mentioned Phantom Knight's Launch stuff.

His effect make him a neat replacement for Gauntlet Launcher that's just as splashable and has an extra second effect to take anything except Links, Pendulums and Xyz material. And by using both effects at once, it immediately runs out of material, becoming a Phantom Knight's Launch target for Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon.

On the thematic department, he is a Dhampir (mixed-blood vampire/human) and I think that connects to his summon condition with the level 6 representing his vampire side and the stolen monster representing the human. Also, he is named after Carmilla's author exactly like Bram is named after Dracula's author. I wonder if we'll get more Vampire Xyzs named after vampire literature writers this set or if it's just him. Lastly, I gotta say it was really clever of the OCG Twitter to reveal this card on the day of the Blood Moon.
    Woooaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    That damn pear!
    lol

This guy seems pretty handy for a Xyz focused vampire deck, which most are despite the only Vampire duelists appeared during the GX era. A little deflated feeling to be a boss monster and cover card for the set though. So, will the new Vampires be more Konami's Castlevania references?
    I mean, with something as obvious as the art from Vampire Hunter, weren't they always doing it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, i just noticed, you can summon this by using any kaiju summoned by your opponent (and survived) and any other lvl6.

Btw, i will not be surprised if vampires will run 3 malicius for an easy xyz chain summon as this guy is a soft once per turn. but you will nedd links to open the space tho

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    Hey, i just noticed, you can summon this by using any kaiju summoned by your opponent (and survived) and any other lvl6.

Btw, i will not be surprised if vampires will run 3 malicius for an easy xyz chain summon as this guy is a soft once per turn. but you will nedd links to open the space tho
    Vampires did just get a Link, so this could actually be viable.
    Sanokal