2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vampires Resurrect in Dark Savers

Al Dhampir – Vampire Sheridan
    Dark Zombie / Xyz / Effect
    RK6 2600/1000
    2+ Level 6 monsters
    If you Xyz Summon this card by using a monster that is owned by your opponent as Xyz Material, that monster’s Level is treated as 6.
    (1) Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; send it to the GY.
    (2) Once per turn, if a monster(s) on the field is sent to your opponent’s GY by a card effect, or is destroyed by battle and sent to your opponent’s GY: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 of that monster(s) to your field in Defense Position.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though part of me wonders what to make of this guy, overall, I like it!

I wonder if this will be a new sub-archetype of Vampires?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, my fave archtype gains neo new sepport. :} I cant wait unthil d reaveal the rest of the Vampire sepport.
    Come out, the circuit of dreams and hope ! Arrowheads confirmed ! The summoning conditions are 2 "Trickstar" monsters. I set the 2 of Trickstar Narkiss and Trickstar Candina in the Link Markers ! Circuit combine ! Link Summon !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funiy enough, Vampires can run Rank-Up-Magic Phantom Knight's Launch to get hey guy out, since Bram is a rank 5 DARK that can summon itself back, leaving it with no materials.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, it's beautiful!
    Sure, it would work entirely better in a non-Link-world (can't summon Links back since no DEF mode, can't use the newly summoned monster as L6 to summon another Al Dhampir.) but it's still really good. Not sure what the point of it accepting more than 2 monsters is, other than a bit more versatility that I doubt would get used that much.
    I do love vampires, so this is pretty exciting.

I'm just a little disappointed that it's a Rank 6 and not a Rank 5. Sure, the new Vampire cards in the set might be Level 6, but that probably means that they won't have much synergy with the old ones, except for gimmicky stuff like the PK RUM mentioned above.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed the Ambitious View Post
    I'm just a little disappointed that it's a Rank 6 and not a Rank 5. Sure, the new Vampire cards in the set might be Level 6, but that probably means that they won't have much synergy with the old ones, except for gimmicky stuff like the PK RUM mentioned above.
    There are cards in the Zombie kit that change levels, like Uni-Zombie and Isolde. Shame the latter can't be special summoned. There's a decent chance there'll be a new card that will change levels. And if not, then there'll probably be cards that steal your opponents monsters from the grave, a classic Zombie theme, since it can use any stolen monster as Xyz material.

What I'm more interested in is a card that makes cards sent to the grave by Zombie monsters become banished instead, since otherwise all the classic Vampires and their mill effects are essentially useless in an era of monsters, spells and traps all having grave effects, plus letting your opponent choose what they mill and thereby thin the deck will never be that great on its own...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were expecting a Rank-5 but it was I, Dio!

It's overall a decent card with good toolbox effects but it's not a very good boss monster by 2018 standards since it doesn't offer any disruption and it is worthless going first. Hopefully the rest of the vampire support in this set will make up for this.

The best way to summon this right now is probably Isolde/Tristan.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed this card a lot more than I thought I would. From that we can tell the new Vampires will be level 6 and steal monsters, but even if we don't know them yet, there are still always to summon this already existing Level 6 monsters that steal monsters: Goyo Guardian, Metaphys Horus and Doomkaiser Dragon. But the easiest non-Vampire method must be Tributing a Hieratic to Enemy Controller. Greydolls can probably summon this without any level 6s and so can pretty much any deck by teching Double Magical Arm Bind or its more situational counterpart Switcheroroo. And then there's the already mentioned Phantom Knight's Launch stuff.

His effect make him a neat replacement for Gauntlet Launcher that's just as splashable and has an extra second effect to take anything except Links, Pendulums and Xyz material. And by using both effects at once, it immediately runs out of material, becoming a Phantom Knight's Launch target for Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon.

On the thematic department, he is a Dhampir (mixed-blood vampire/human) and I think that connects to his summon condition with the level 6 representing his vampire side and the stolen monster representing the human. Also, he is named after Carmilla's author exactly like Bram is named after Dracula's author. I wonder if we'll get more Vampire Xyzs named after vampire literature writers this set or if it's just him. Lastly, I gotta say it was really clever of the OCG Twitter to reveal this card on the day of the Blood Moon.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That damn pear!
    lol

This guy seems pretty handy for a Xyz focused vampire deck, which most are despite the only Vampire duelists appeared during the GX era. A little deflated feeling to be a boss monster and cover card for the set though. So, will the new Vampires be more Konami's Castlevania references?

And I still want an upgraded Vampire Genesis! And his signature move- "Hell Vicious Blood".
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 31st January 2018 at 07:48 PM.