User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GX Season 4: Good ending for the series, or too much of a stretch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 4 of GX had the rematch between Judai and Cronos. So many feels in that duel.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Season 4 was the best of the seasons. 1 was pretty childish and lame. 2 went a bit better with Saiyou but only the last few duels. The whole idea of everyone being controlled in such a bullshit way was just boring.
    3 was pretty interesting and some of the duels were really entertaining. I disliked th Sangenma since they were just cheap ripoffs of the Sangenshin. They had pretty much no story, were not nearly as strong or intimidating as the gods and they were just splashed like that. Their interdrucing was literally summoning them all at once.
    4 may be just splashed out of nothing but it was without a doubt the coolest and the darkest season. Everyone gone and some crazy ass fuckers are just corrupting and beating everyone who left. It was much more exciting than anything the series had. And even though Darkness' cards' names started to piss me off, that duel was awesome as fuck. Especially Neos Wiseman which was without a doubt Judais most badass moment. God Neos kind of was just... there.
    Last edited by Mofiz; 8th October 2015 at 01:42 PM.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second that, except that I liked 1st season pace because it was pretty relaxed and was probably the only season that gave us the "high-school of card games" the most.

But Season 4 Judai still wins in my opinion, even if he is borderline emo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I maintain that seasons 3 and 4 would have failed utterly without the more light-hearted seasons 1 and 2 to compare them to.

The show (and Judai's) fall into darkness would have had no impact had it not been light beforehand. You don't go "full-dark" the whole time, it doesn't work.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    I maintain that seasons 3 and 4 would have failed utterly without the more light-hearted seasons 1 and 2 to compare them to.

The show (and Judai's) fall into darkness would have had no impact had it not been light beforehand. You don't go "full-dark" the whole time, it doesn't work.
    Those are the posts that makes me wish there was an upvote function in the forum.

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    Those are the posts that makes me wish there was an upvote function in the forum.
    We don't need the cancer that is upvotes on the forum. Some people double post enough as it is.

On topic, I should watch season 4 again. It's short enough that it won't eat up any considerable time.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    Season 4 was the best of the seasons. 1 was pretty childish and lame. 2 went a bit better with Saiyou but only the last few duels. The whole idea of everyone being controlled in such a bullshit way was just boring.
    3 was pretty interesting and some of the duels were really entertaining. I disliked th Sangenma since they were just cheap ripoffs of the Sangenshin. They had pretty much no story, were not nearly as strong or intimidating as the gods and they were just splashed like that. Their interdrucing was literally summoning them all at once.
    4 may be just splashed out of nothing but it was without a doubt the coolest and the darkest season. Everyone gone and some crazy ass fuckers are just corrupting and beating everyone who left. It was much more exciting than anything the series had. And even though Darkness' cards' names started to piss me off, that duel was awesome as fuck. Especially Neos Wiseman which was without a doubt Judais most badass moment. God Neos kind of was just... there.
    Then Sangenma only really sucked because they didn't throw that blanket immunity they did on EVERYTHING ELSE in GX. though they were also revivable, being semi-moni would have been nice in the real game. It would have been nice if the God Expies got build-up to match the originals but the way they built the plot for them forced the "all in 1 duel" thing by having them all locked up and not allowing their escape.

That said they certainly scared Jaden enough. when they showed up again in Season 3 Jaden mentioned he didn't like the idea of going up against them without Sabatiel around. and without that 5 in 1 Deus Ex Machina he would have lost the first time.

Still seeing Hamon taken down by fucking bubbleman was NOT the high-point of the Daemons, thats for sure
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Then Sangenma only really sucked because they didn't throw that blanket immunity they did on EVERYTHING ELSE in GX. though they were also revivable, being semi-moni would have been nice in the real game. It would have been nice if the God Expies got build-up to match the originals but the way they built the plot for them forced the "all in 1 duel" thing by having them all locked up and not allowing their escape.

That said they certainly scared Jaden enough. when they showed up again in Season 3 Jaden mentioned he didn't like the idea of going up against them without Sabatiel around. and without that 5 in 1 Deus Ex Machina he would have lost the first time.

Still seeing Hamon taken down by fucking bubbleman was NOT the high-point of the Daemons, thats for sure
    I second all that you've said but seeing Neo-Bubbleman taking on NOT one, but TWO demons and actually killing them for me was pure hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that was a great moment. Of all the card Judai could have used, he takes them down with a Bubbleman-upgrade.
    ...and then Kagemaru revived them anyway, so that balances out. They always felt like a threat to me. It was also nice to see Judai acknowledged that he only won due to Sabatiel, which made him apprehensive about facing them again without it.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    It was also nice to see Judai acknowledged that he only won due to Sabatiel, which made him apprehensive about facing them again without it.
    It was really refreshing for Judai to be the one to point out he owed his victory to Sabetiel, and it showed in the rematch when he would have lost if it wasn't for Rainbow Dragon shenanigans.

I feel like Judai has always been really smart though. One example that comes to mind was when he dueled Titan in season 1, and figured out that the 'Duel of Darkness' was just a parlor trick.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster