User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GX Season 4: Good ending for the series, or too much of a stretch?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GX Season 4: Good ending for the series, or too much of a stretch?

I remember watching GX, both the dub and the sub, a long while back, and the most memorable part I remember was the ending to Season 3, and the lack of translating Season 4 for the US. It seemed like a good ending for the dub; the crisis is averted, Jaden returns after a trip through the 12 dimensions, and he seems really happy to see Syrus.

When I saw the undubbed fourth season, it seemed like a complete betrayal of that ending; Jaden was being a brooding asshole to everyone for a while, and the bad guy didn't seem to fit in the series. Yeah, it explained what happened in the Abandoned Dorm, somewhat, but it just didn't seem to fit, somehow. Darkness being a Pazuzu reject never sat well with me, and Trueman was like a combination of Michael Jackson and Dennis Rodman in looks, and completely ridiculous in schemes. It seemed really detached to the core characters, honestly. To be perfectly honest, I would've preferred the ending to Season 3 to be the end of the series, though with a bit of a blurb to explain what happened to the characters since then.

What do you guys think? Was Season 4 of GX too much for the series, or was it an adequate ending to the series?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know that it was a good ending, but I really liked it, even if I'm still not 100% on what exactly it is I watched.

It has quite a few of my favorite anime moments though. Ojama Yellow bitchslapping Edo, Sho carrying on his brother's Deck, Manjoume being on Judai's level and then losing on purpose. Saiou coming back and the whole thing with The Fool. Trueman's shenanigans. The O'Brien duel. My god.

Future Fusion into Dragon's Mirror into two FGDs. Jesus.

As good as the ending of Yugi vs. Judai was, I'd have preferred something else so that GX could have stood on its own more.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think the Light of Ruin should've been the final boss. I mean, all throughout Seasons 2 and 3, we've been taught that the Light of Ruin was behind a lot of shit. I mean, wouldn't be better if the primary antagonistic force of the Series be the final boss just returning for its revenge?

Why are there always so many dogs in my area?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I honestly think the Light of Ruin should've been the final boss. I mean, all throughout Seasons 2 and 3, we've been taught that the Light of Ruin was behind a lot of shit. I mean, wouldn't be better if the primary antagonistic force of the Series be the final boss just returning for its revenge?
    NOPE! We beat that things ass off screen, lol.
    --Jaden
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    NOPE! We beat that things ass off screen, lol.
    --Jaden
    Goddammit Judai....

Why are there always so many dogs in my area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 4 had some of the hypest moments in the series, but I can echo what a lot of people have said already.

"What the fuck did I just watch?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I did like the last episodes of GX S4...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last few Episodes were nice, just wish they gave some build-up (and BUDGET) for God Neos like they did with Quasar in 5D's
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of fun stuff in Season 4. Loved the introduction to Clear World concept and Fujiwara. I'm quite thankful I dropped the dub series near the beginning of season 3 and watched everything moving forward as subbed original JP version.

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GX was always weird though. In season 2 Judai took his duel with Saiou to actual space so hologram Neos could punch and destroy a real satellite.

My absolute favourite part of Season 4 was Judai finally realizing how good he was at the game. The tag tournament where he OTK'd everyone was pretty funny.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster