User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GX Season 4: Good ending for the series, or too much of a stretch?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AccelRainbowDashley View Post
    It was really refreshing for Judai to be the one to point out he owed his victory to Sabetiel, and it showed in the rematch when he would have lost if it wasn't for Rainbow Dragon shenanigans.

I feel like Judai has always been really smart though. One example that comes to mind was when he dueled Titan in season 1, and figured out that the 'Duel of Darkness' was just a parlor trick.
    and then they turned that around and had him fail horribly everytime he actually tries thinking
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    and then they turned that around and had him fail horribly everytime he actually tries thinking
    I think they were trying to balance it by showing Judai being a lovable goofball, but also capable of tactical thinking when it came to duels. They just sort of buggered it. Until season 4 when he dropped the comical side and started steamrolling everything.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Wuts a fee-an-say, Asuka?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who actually wins? Yugi Atem using his Egyptian God deck or Jaden using Neo-Spacian/Elemental Hero deck? I wish they showed how that duel went in its entirety. The Ultimate Graduation duel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the time-traveling bit to get Yugi and Jaden to duel contrived and nonsensical, honestly; since when did Yugi or his deck have that ability? Does Yugi still duel, or did he retire entirely from Duel Monsters? If he's still dueling, what does his deck look like, now, instead of the one that's on tour? Honestly, I would've preferred a more mature, confident, and non-Atemed Yugi going against Jaden for the final duel, see how both of them have grown as a duelist, instead of having the crock about traveling back in time to duel Yugi "at his peak".
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."