User Tag List

Thread: Dark Magician the Dragon Knight vs Cosmic Cyclone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Dark Magician the Dragon Knight vs Cosmic Cyclone?

If eternal soul is on the field and cosmic cyclone is activated targeting eternal soul, I chain eternal soul effect to cyclone and revive Dark Magician the Dragon Knight, does cosmic cyclone still resolve and banish eternal soul? Is the pay 1000 a cost or is targeting the cost?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think in this situation, Eternal Soul might be safe. Once it resolves and you bring back Dark magician the Dragon Knight, it's effect makes Eternal Soul an invalid target before Cosmic Cyclone can resolve, making it fizzle.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The targeting of Cosmic Cyclone occurs as part of the cost, before the semicolon, so it likely wouldn't work.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paying LP and targeting the card happens at the activation of the card. When Dragon Knight would hit the field the target has already be selected, so it won't stop Cosmic Cyclone from banishing the card.
    Note that, if Mystical Space Typhoon is taken in account instead of Cyclone, Dragon Knight still wouldn't be able to negate the targeting, since it happens at the time the card is activated, but would prevent Soul from being destroyed, since that happens at resolution.

To understand if something is done at the time is activated or when it resolves, watch the semicolons ( ; ). What's written BEFORE the semicolon has to be done when the card is activated, before both players have the chance to activate other cards or effects. Please note that a card can have multiple costs to pay.
    Last edited by BBDD; 7th February 2018 at 03:08 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.