7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DBDS: Vampires

Link to big image: https://i0.wp.com/ygorganization.com...ampiressss.jpg

Vampire no Tsukaima / Vampire Familiar
    Dark Zombie / Effect
    LV1 500/0
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can pay 500 LP; add 1 “Vampire” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Vampire Familiar”.
    (2) If this card is in your GY: You can send 1 “Vampire” card from your hand or face-up from your field to the GY; Special Summon this card from the GY, but banish it if it leaves the field.

Vampire no Kenzoku / Vampire Brood
    Dark Zombie / Effect
    LV2 1200/0
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can pay 500 LP; add 1 “Vampire” Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.
    (2) If this card is in your GY: You can send 1 “Vampire” card from your hand or face-up from your field to the GY; Special Summon this card from the GY, but banish it if it leaves the field.

Vampire Fräulein
    Dark Zombie / Effect
    LV5 600/2000
    You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
    (1) When a monster delcares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position.
    (2) Once per damage calculation, when a Zombie monster you control battles an opponent’s monster: You can pay LP in multiples of 100 (max. 3000); that monster you control gains ATK/DEF equal to the amount you paid during that damage calculation only.
    (3) At the end of a Battle Phase in which this card destroyed a monster(s) by battle: You can Special Summon as many of those destroyed monster as possible from the GY(s) to your field.

Vampire Grimson
    Dark Zombie / Effect
    LV5 2000/1400
    (1) If a monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or an opponent’s card effect, you can pay 1000 LP for each of those monster(s) instead.
    (2) At the end of a Battle Phase in which this card destroyed a monster(s) by battle: You can Special Summon as many of those destroyed monster as possible from the GY(s) to your field.

Vampire Scargelet
    Dark Zombie / Effect
    LV6 2200/2200
    You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Normal/Special Summoned: You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 “Vampire” monster in your GY, except “Vampire Scargelet”; Special Summon it, but it cannot attack during this turn.
    (2) At the end of a Battle Phase in which this card destroyed a monster(s) by battle: You can Special Summon as many of those destroyed monster as possible from the GY(s) to your field.

Vampire Red Baron
    Dark Zombie / Effect
    LV6 2400/1000
    (1) Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 monster your opponent controls and 1 other “Vampire” monster you control; switch control of those 2 monsters.

Vampire Desire
    Spell Normal
    You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
    (1) Activate 1 of these effects.
    -Target 1 face-up monster you control; send 1 “Vampire” monster with a different Level than that monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, that target’s Level becomes the same as that sent monster’s Level, until the end of this turn.
    -Target 1 “Vampire” monster in your GY; send 1 monster you control to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon that target.

Vampire no Ryouiki / Vampire Territory
    Spell Continuous
    (1) Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP; for the rest of this turn, during the Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 “Vampire” monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)
    (2) If a “Vampire” monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Gain that much LP.

Vampire Awake
    Trap Normal
    (1) Special Summon 1 “Vampire” monster from your Deck, but destroy it during the End Phase of this turn.

Vampire no Shihai / Vampire Domination
    Trap Counter
    (1) If you control a “Vampire” monster, when a monster effect, or a Spell/Trap Card is activated: Negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it, then, if that destroyed card was a monster, gain LP equal to its original ATK.

GOYO VAMPIRES!

Dang, I was listening to a podcast about the themes present in the Blade movies. I want a Deacon Frost card!
    Last edited by Archsorcerer; 21st February 2018 at 04:47 PM.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Familiar and Brood straight-up look like and play like Vendread cards.

Fraulein's okay, instead of being usable on both turns I kind of wish it only worked on your opponent's attack and then summoned itself in attack mode and forced battle with it.

Grimson, Scargelet and Red Baron are powerful but hugely draining of HP.

Desire is nicely versatile.

Territory is insanely powerful and basically the key card of the deck that it revolves around to function. Getting access to it via searchers is game-deciding.

Awake is simply good.

Domination is disgusting but really powerful.

I'm not surprised they moved away from the outdated mill effect, but it's a bit sad how much this invalidates a lot of their prior support. Only Shadow, Duke, Sorcerer and Vamp are really still usable here. (Though Vamp is now stronger than ever since Sucker lets you tribute 2 of your opponent's monsters to summon Vamp, then steal another monster as an equip card, then use Vamp and something else to make another Link, summoning back Vamp, then use Territory to normal summon something else, tributing more of your opponent's monsters and triggering the resummoned Vamp again and then making yet another Link and summoning Vamp yet again. Vamp was hard to work with in Extra Deck plays before as Zombies have only one really good fusion option that was best with Super Poly, the already high-level Tuners make Synchroing with it hard and it didn't work with Xyz, but it's perfect for Links...)

All in all, pretty happy with these cards, definitely way better than the other two archtypes in the set, even if they had to sacrifice some of what made Vampires unique to do it.

And, as always, Zombie World remains THE UNDEFEATED CHAMPION of Zombie-deck Field Spells!
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 21st February 2018 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda disappointed none of the cards work with generic zombies. I really wanted to hybridize vampires with Shiranui or Vendread.

The cards are good, though. No "bleeding effect" support makes me a bit sad, but if that's the price for having good cards, let it be.
    I'm also a bit scared by this new "pay LP for everything" mechanic. Only one of the new cards let you gain LP, I hope it'll be enough.

All in all, I have mixed feelings, but the set seems solid to me and the art is gorgeous. I'm definitely picking them up.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fraulein = Best Waifu

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this is focused more on old-school control. Doubt it's gonna see much play but it's refreshing.

Hopefully a few cards can be used as an engine. I picture a Zombie deck in the style of OCG's Plant link.

EDIT: Talking to myself, there is already a VS System card of Deacon Frost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    Fraulein = Best Waifu
    Not as much as Vamp <3
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Not as much as Vamp <3
    Hotties before thotties
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This series had many riduculous designs before but I believe Vampire's Brood being quite literally a wolf Monokuma tops everything else.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kind of sad they seem to have mostly abandoned the design aesthetic unique and easy to identify with the vampire archetype monsters art.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Kinda disappointed none of the cards work with generic zombies. I really wanted to hybridize vampires with Shiranui or Vendread.

The cards are good, though. No "bleeding effect" support makes me a bit sad, but if that's the price for having good cards, let it be.
    I'm also a bit scared by this new "pay LP for everything" mechanic. Only one of the new cards let you gain LP, I hope it'll be enough.

All in all, I have mixed feelings, but the set seems solid to me and the art is gorgeous. I'm definitely picking them up.
    Fraulein does work with Generic Zombies.