User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [VRAINS] Dub Names and Actors

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    I donít think anything from the dub has gotten leaked yet, except the opening.

The dub opening is actually pretty cool

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D3hKkIZ3KZg&ebc=ANyPxKp-K4SH7zZs1cU2Bxj8guN5phrQ22WMlaGyFiJUu0TODz31BIWbUO iaRXdSk-hCCcaaX-GbmmkEpXEAYU0UdfNxTDadHQ
    There's a clip of Yusaku telling Naoki his three reasons somewhere.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    I donít think anything from the dub has gotten leaked yet, except the opening.

The dub opening is actually pretty cool

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D3hKkI...YU0UdfNxTDadHQ
    Is this really the opening?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    There's a clip of Yusaku telling Naoki his three reasons somewhere.
    Let me know if you can find it, please.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Let me know if you can find it, please.
    https://youtu.be/RGnDvLvv2rI

This one I believe.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/RGnDvLvv2rI

This one I believe.
    Thanks.

So I see they are going with a deliberately and methodically spoken, deep-voiced take for Yusaku. Fitting.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Thanks.

So I see they are going with a deliberately and methodically spoken, deep-voiced take for Yusaku. Fitting.
    Presumably it'll even out a little as the series continues.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sticking with subs like I always have since GX. I hate the name changes and even if the VA work is done well, we all know the seriousness and more mature aspects will be watered down to appeal to a more kid friendly audience. Not excited at all for this, but good for those who can actually take watching dubbed YGO, granted I loved the original dubbed and later found out it was a bit more serious and there were major edits to kill unsavory things for kids which I felt sucked, but hell it was 4kids the same company that gave Sanji a lolipop instead of a cigarette. No surprise that Arcana had glowing saws that send you to the shadow realm as opposed to real saws that will chop off legs. I also gave the other series a look after they were dubbed and I laughed my ass off and wished I never gave it a chance and the dubbs screw over the fans, by not even finishing the series it is so crazy to start it and not even... Actually my rant is done, like I said I am happy for you guys who are actually looking forward to this. I just hope those damned horrible names dont make it to the subs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably it'll even out a little as the series continues.
    I agree. The VAs tend to take a bit to get into their roles. Usually by the time the series has gone a few story arcs, especially as it nears its end, they'll have settle into a comfortable place and often get to show what they're made of as a VA. As an example in Arc-V's Season 3, Yuya's VA has been killing it in the range and emotion/inflection department as Yusho, Zarc, and the Dragon Boys. Dude can act! I'm sure Yusaku's VA will get into that kind of zone with time.

Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    Sticking with subs like I always have since GX. I hate the name changes and even if the VA work is done well, we all know the seriousness and more mature aspects will be watered down to appeal to a more kid friendly audience. Not excited at all for this, but good for those who can actually take watching dubbed YGO, granted I loved the original dubbed and later found out it was a bit more serious and there were major edits to kill unsavory things for kids which I felt sucked, but hell it was 4kids the same company that gave Sanji a lolipop instead of a cigarette. No surprise that Arcana had glowing saws that send you to the shadow realm as opposed to real saws that will chop off legs. I also gave the other series a look after they were dubbed and I laughed my ass off and wished I never gave it a chance and the dubbs screw over the fans, by not even finishing the series it is so crazy to start it and not even... Actually my rant is done, like I said I am happy for you guys who are actually looking forward to this. I just hope those damned horrible names dont make it to the subs.
    That nice... I suppose. But I'd be lying if I said I could appreciate the sentiment. Or the rant, honestly. That's old hat to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats okay, you dont need to accept my opinions the same I dont accept your appreciation for YGO dubs. We all think differently on different matters of the same franchise and I accept it. I just want to voice my opinion without just being totally insulting since I know people still like the dubs.
    Last edited by haloichigo1; 13th March 2018 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    Thats okay, you dont need to accept my opinions the same I dont accept your appreciation for YGO dubs. We all think differently on different matters of the same franchise and I accept it. I just want to voice my opinion without just being totally insulting since I know people still like the dubs.
    Decade old ostracization comments combined with "been there, done that" is what makes me beyond weary of such things. Lots of bad memories. Lots of them. (And that's not even getting into how some of those memories featured rather insufferable "opinions states as facts" types.)

Folks who genuinely follow and enjoy the English Yugioh Dubs do not have it easy, and generally never did (especially when the internet became more of a thing and dissing it sans mercy and occasionally reason became the "cool" thing to do).