User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [VRAINS] Dub Names and Actors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Decade old ostracization comments combined with "been there, done that" is what makes me beyond weary of such things. Lots of bad memories. Lots of them. (And that's not even getting into how some of those memories featured rather insufferable "opinions states as facts" types.)

Folks who genuinely follow and enjoy the English Yugioh Dubs do not have it easy, and generally never did (especially when the internet became more of a thing and dissing it sans mercy and occasionally reason became the "cool" thing to do).
    It is the same the other way around. Prefering subs is usually met with criticism of being a weeb that only likes japanese and thinks that because I prefer sub that I just blindly insult without giving things a chance making me seem like I am not open minded. Trust me the grass is not greener on the other side. I and many other are heavily criticized for prefering anime to be in original languge and are just insulted for it.

Do I criticise the dubs? Yes, but out of reasons I can give such as the name changes, the lack of great acting and the horrible editing to destroy the story to appeal to kids. I bring this up, but it is met with angry insults or disregarding my statements as opposed to actual rebuttals and it is not like I hate all dubs. I watch the dragon ball series dubbed since I prefer the VA work more and I can watch pokemon and beyblade dub because I feel the teams care more about a quality product as opposed to what yugioh beyond the first series has made.

It would be nice one day to actually have a convo with someone who likes subs and share our points instead of me being pushed away because they dont want to hear an opinion that goes against their stance. But sadly both sides snub eachother granted I try to back my dislike with points and not just hate and make fun for the heck of it.
    Last edited by haloichigo1; 14th March 2018 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    It is the same the other way around. Prefering subs is usually met with criticism of being a weeb that only likes japanese and thinks that because I prefer sub that I just blindly insult without giving things a chance making me seem like I am not open minded. Trust me the grass is not greener on the other side. I and many other are heavily criticized for prefering anime to be in original languge and are just insulted for it.

Do I criticise the dubs? Yes, but out of reasons I can give such as the name changes, the lack of great acting and the horrible editing to destroy the story to appeal to kids. I bring this up, but it is met with angry insults or disregarding my statements as opposed to actual rebuttals and it is not like I hate all dubs. I watch the dragon ball series dubbed since I prefer the VA work more and I can watch pokemon and beyblade dub because I feel the teams care more about a quality product as opposed to what yugioh beyond the first series has made.

It would be nice one day to actually have a convo with someone who likes subs and share our points instead of me being pushed away because they dont want to hear an opinion that goes against their stance. But sadly both sides snub eachother granted I try to back my dislike with points and not just hate and make fun for the heck of it.
    Interestingly, from my point of view, though the "weeb" thing is a thing, and not a good one, Sub watchers tend to get more of a pass of acceptance. This is especially so as compared to Dub watchers.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 15th March 2018 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly, from my point of view, though the "weeb" thing is a thing, and not a good one, Sub watchers tend to get more of pass of acceptance. This is especially so as compared to Dub watchers.
    Yeah, if "weebs" are being criticized, it's usually for liking anime in general or taking it too far, rather than specially liking the subs.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Yeah, if "weebs" are being criticized, it's usually for liking anime in general or taking it too far, rather than specially liking the subs.
    That's usually what I've seen as well, from my experience on the interwebz over the last decade or so.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's usually what I've seen as well, from my experience on the interwebz over the last decade or so.
    Not that any such criticism is any more or less acceptable of course.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Trust me fans who like dub use these type of slurs alot since prefering Japanese language is seen as taking the like for Japanese culture too far. Saying we prefer the Japanese language because we swear if it is not Japanese it is not good, while completely ignoring the points on why we dont like the dubs. Granted you are right how the term should be used and it is actually used wrong in most cases when used on someone who advocates for subs... It is really strange
    Last edited by haloichigo1; 15th March 2018 at 09:34 PM.