Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cybernetic Horizon First News

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotonLegion View Post
    Questions that spring to mind:

1) Will the Cyrda Link be with all the other random support or will Legacy support get itís own identifiable section.

2) Is the cover a Link, or our first non-Link Cover for the series.
    2. The cover looks like an upgrade to Cyberse Wizard, so I'm fascinated to see what that means as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on their placement in the set, the Devirituals are either an anime deck or a World Legacy theme. Both options are welcome in my book!
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After several sets without a single one support card and already assuming they would get little to nothing during the Vrains era, this seems like a dream. I mean, getting all these Ritual support. The support looks good, but some cards could be better. The upgraded "Demise" and "Ruin" will need some work to be better than their original versions. The Field Spell's first effect is pretty good and it is generic, but sadly the second effect is restricted to the theme's monsters, and the Ritual Spell would have been better if the first effect allowed to Tribute monsters from the hand and not just from the field (guess you can still banish Djinns from your Graveyard), and the second effect is sadly restricted to recover only the original Rituals. The Trap Card and the Deviritual monsters are pretty decent though.

Anyways, I'm not going to whine and say that any of these new Ritual cards are bad, because I didn't expect anything that wasn't Links and some other Extra Deck monsters in this era, and it's always better to get something (even if it isn't the best you could get) than to get nothing. Hope they keep this trend in the next sets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter drops a new card for our pals(?), the Mekk-Knights. Who I guess are people.

CYHO-JP061 Seiibutsu no Kioku/World Legacy Mekkmory
    Quick-Play Spell
    You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
    (1): Special Summon 1 “Mekk-Knight” monster from your hand or Deck in face-up Defense Position, but it is returned to the hand during the End Phase. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except “Mekk-Knight” monsters, for the rest of this turn.

TL note: The pun here is that while “kioku” is the word for “memory”, they’ve replaced the usual “ki” kanji meaning “record” with the “ki” kanji meaning “machine”. They really get some mileage out of that one, don’t they?

https://ygorganization.com/hes-not-r...ho-hes-people/
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    Based on their placement in the set, the Devirituals are either an anime deck or a World Legacy theme. Both options are welcome in my book!
    Oooooo, what if Devirituals and the new Ruin and Demise cards are the final boss's deck for VARIANS season 1? After all, the IRL Duel for Yusaku and Revolver may only be 2 episodes long (based on the fact that Yusaku summons a new ace monster, which tend to be Dues Ex Machinas in their first appearances), and a Deck based around cards that embody the end of the world would fit in with the current situation in VARIANS.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all these B U Y L I N K S O R D I E main booster sets, this is awesome. I expected more World Legacy support (as happened with the Draco's archetypes), but didn't expect Ruin/Demise and, on top of that, CyDra and Dragunity.

As for the cards, Big Ruin/Big Demise are good, their lil' counterparts are kinda bad (but a target for Prep of Rites), all their S/T support are awesome and even generic. Those Devirituals monsters are the best ritual support EVER.
    Dragunity is... well, not bad. Big beater, good removal, and it floats. It doesn't fix any of its deck's problems, though (mainly, too reliant on the single normal summon of Dux).
    CyDra link is BAD. CyDra doesn't need more ATK. It needs many things (consistency, Special Summons, Draw Power), but NOT more attack.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    I noticed that, too, and am looking forward to the ramifications of either scenario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad that demise and Ruin are being supported and the support is actually really good. The Devrituals are also looking like good generic ritual support. There numbers are also pretty low on the list, but I doubt that they would be
    Anime cards. This set encompasses the finally of the Hanoi tower arc so the main deck anime cards will be very low considering we will get only 2 Gouki main deck monsters and the rest would be Revolver and Playmaker cards which is why the ammount would be so low, we might also get specters two main deck monsters, but the lack of duelist playing might be the reason devritual are so low on the list.

I dont play Dragunity so I cant really judge the new card, just not sure it should be ultra rare. The new cyber dragon is awesome. The power gain makes it nearly unstopable on your opponents turn and it counts as cyber dragon so if things get rough you can just use it and an opponents monster for Megafleet.

Yet the card I am most excited about is the Cyberse wizard upgrade. I swore the cover would be the water code talker, since every code talker is the cover for the product they are released in or a firewall upgrade, not that a monster Yusaku used only twice deserves it, but to see a new ace based off of one of his more known cards makes me happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the Wikia translation for Return of the World, the card works a bit differently than the Org's prelim translation.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Return_of_the_World

When this card is activated: Banish 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck. You can only use the following effect of "Return of the World" once per turn. You can send this card to the GY, then activate 1 of these effects;
    • Ritual Summon the Ritual Monster banished by this card's effect, by Tributing 1 monster from your hand whose Level equals or exceeds that banished monster's OR by shuffling into the Deck, 1 Ritual Monster from your GY whose Level equals or exceeds that banished monster's.
    • Add the monster banished by this card’s effect to your hand.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone needs to fix the Wikia then, since Return of the World can indeed tribute from the field.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly