User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Anime] VRAINS Season 2 Info

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Links have proved plenty popular, though. Not sure where you got that from.
    It's not like Konami allowed much competition against them last year what with the last 4 main sets not having a single alternate Extra Deck monster(save for the leftover Arc-V cards in COTD) and more than half the promos being Links. Or that Konami revised the game's rules to force using Link monsters a virtual necessity in most decks. I would describe much of Links current popularity as heavily artificially generated.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 17th March 2018 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    It's not like Konami allowed much competition against them last year what with the last 4 main sets not having a single alternate Extra Deck monster(save for the leftover Arc-V cards in COTD) and more than half the promos being Links. Or that Konami revised the game's rules to force using Link monsters a virtual necessity in most decks. I would describe much of Links current popularity as heavily artificially generated.
    I say no more so "artificial" than Pendulums or even Xyz when the broken support starting rolling in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This. We can't actually say Links are popular until we're in a format in which they're unnecessary. Though, the fact that card sales have dropped since the switch to the Link focused rules is a sign about how people really consider Links. The fact that they're planning big changes for Link Vrains Season 2, and also that they're releasing a new Dragunity Tuner and Synchro with no indication yet of an accompanying Link, makes me think we're going to get another rule change soon.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I say no more so "artificial" than Pendulums or even Xyz when the broken support starting rolling in.
    It is more so than those. Although Xyz era was similar, it was not even as much as the first year of Vrains era. And the Pendulums were not a requirement for the functionality of the majority of decks as well that the Arc-V era made a point to offering many different series with various summoning styles throughout the whole 3 years.

There is no way to compare the popularity of Pendulums in the first year of Arc-V to the popularity of Links in the first year of Vrains because Link usage has been so grossly artificially forced upon players.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 17th March 2018 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of newer Summon mechanics. I am very surprised to see links doing well, they started in the worst way i could ever imagine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CardTamer View Post
    This. We can't actually say Links are popular until we're in a format in which they're unnecessary. Though, the fact that card sales have dropped since the switch to the Link focused rules is a sign about how people really consider Links. The fact that they're planning big changes for Link Vrains Season 2, and also that they're releasing a new Dragunity Tuner and Synchro with no indication yet of an accompanying Link, makes me think we're going to get another rule change soon.
    I feel that's more wishful/convenient thinking. Especially a rule change.

Them releasing non-Link Extra Deck Monsters was inevitable, as the same thing happened in Zexal and 5D's.

I can't speak on what sold well or not and whether or not such is or is not indicating anything, but the Link VRAINS Pack supposed did well according to grapevine gossip, as allegedly did Flames of Destruction (all in Japan of course; validity of any sales claims should always be treated as suspect and not as gospel).

It feels more like typical the Yugioh Doom-saying that happens every time. And I do mean every time.

It is more so than those. Although Xyz era was similar, it was not even as much as the first year of Vrains era. And the Pendulums were not a requirement for the functionality of the majority of decks as well that the Arc-V era made a point to offering many different series with various summoning styles throughout the whole 3 years.

There is no way to compare the popularity of Pendulums in the first year of Arc-V to the popularity of Links in the first year of Vrains because Link usage has been so grossly artificially forced upon players.
    I still say it's no more "forced" or "artificial" than when the (era-specific) broken support and Decks came out that essentially forced folks to play Xyz and Pendulum to be competitive (so basically incentivising the selling of the new stuff like a business-minded company would want to do).

I know you're not a fan of the rule change (and in and of itself, that's okay), but I feel you're reading too much into things through a lens of a detractor and so are interpreting things that aren't really there.

The way I see it, this era's progression is basically no different from the previous post-Synchro eras, even if you could argue that the encouragement was more obvious (but then again, the encouragement to use the shiny, hot new broken stuff is always obvious one way or another; even the Synchro era was like that, even if it felt more "excepting").
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 18th March 2018 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone is a slave to the competitive meta, yet those that aren't are still forced to use Links by the new official rules for their decks to remain functional. So it is more as it affects people not even concerned with keeping up with the meta. Other generations were never THAT intrusive.

If competitive meta is all you use to compare how artificially forced Links are, your not measuring with a full gauge.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 18th March 2018 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't care about competitive, what is forcing you to play by the new rules? As far as i know if you have your cards you can do whatever the fuck you want with them and even if you only play online, every simulator has options to play by older rules.

Also, even by the new rules, nobody is forced to play links, a lot of decks are significantly worse without them, but if you want to play any deck optimized you are always forced to play newer cards regardless of rule changes. Take ash blossom, for example, nobody is forced to play that card, but it makes 99% of decks better so you are only really playing one of those decks at full force if you are playing ash. The only difference is that the new rules impacts the decks directly, but it has always being like that, if you don't play the new cards, your deck is bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest Links didn't change the game that much, we're doing the same thing we did 4-5 years ago, the only difference is the card layout being blue.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not fighting these arguments again. This is the same argument that went around at the beginning of Vrains last year. Nothing has changed the argument over the year and I can see the uselesss rabbit hole this is going down. So, moving on.

I hope the new season of the anime continues to inspire more Ritual support in the real game. The new student's virtual look is pretty cool. Hopefully Soulburner inspires more FIRE Ritual cards.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 18th March 2018 at 06:59 PM.