User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [Anime] VRAINS Season 2 Info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I'm not fighting these arguments again. This is the same argument that went around at the beginning of Vrains last year. Nothing has changed the argument over the year and I can see the uselesss rabbit hole this is going down. So, moving on.

I hope the new season of the anime continues to inspire more Ritual support in the real game. The new student's virtual look is pretty cool. Hopefully Soulburner inspires more FIRE Ritual cards.
    Yeah! It would be even better if they brought back one of the old DT Archetypes for his Deck! Like Jurrac, Flamvell, or Laval.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CardTamer View Post
    Yeah! It would be even better if they brought back one of the old DT Archetypes for his Deck! Like Jurrac, Flamvell, or Laval.
    Unlikely. They'll probably use a new theme if he's this prominent a character.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone is a slave to the competitive meta, yet those that aren't are still forced to use Links by the new official rules for their decks to remain functional. So it is more as it affects people not even concerned with keeping up with the meta. Other generations were never THAT intrusive.

If competitive meta is all you use to compare how artificially forced Links are, your not measuring with a full gauge.
    I'm not a competitive player, not by a long-shot. Just needed to point that out, and that my point wasn't hinged entirely on being competitive or not. And as mentioned, not all Decks need Links, even some Extra Deck using ones, so while Links' presence may be more obvious on the surface, the level of overall intrusiveness evens out to around average, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Unlikely. They'll probably use a new theme if he's this prominent a character.
    Though use of an old Archetype isn't impossible, even if they did have him do so, it'd likely be comprised entirely (or near so) of new cards, making it a new Deck in spirit and potentially function as well, even if not new in name. (Which can be good, bad, neutral or in between, depending one's point of view.)

Part of me thinks it'll be FIRE Cyberse Archetype. Cyberse would be thematically appropriate for the seemingly obvious Ingis ties, but if they don't go that route, I hope they'll be Pyro. We could aways use more Pyro. The last Pyro-Type user in the Anime was Axel, and the game generally lacks them on the whole.

If he does use Cyberse, I wouldn't be shocked to see him debut and use Flame Buffalo.

I hope the new season of the anime continues to inspire more Ritual support in the real game. The new student's virtual look is pretty cool. Hopefully Soulburner inspires more FIRE Ritual cards.
    I reckon Yusaku'll pump out a new Ritual or two on occasion, but I figure Soulburner will use Fusions (in consort with Links), based on July's OCG Booster Pack's name.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Links DID change the game. Most players used to spam Fusions/Synchros/Xyz/Pendulums, and with the Links, they made the game a bit slow. I loved to play, at least for fun, with a Fusion-themed Deck (HERO), a Synchro-themed (Warriors), a Xyz-themed (Over-hundred Numbers), and a Pendulum-themed (Odd-Eyes, mixing all Fusions, Synchros, Xyz and Pendulums). And the Links almost make me quit. I managed to build a Blackwing/Link Deck and I'm ok now. But it's not so easy. The Accel Synchro thing went to hell, since you must have Links to make that. I would be surprised if they make a rule change now while it just passed a year but it sounds logic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -I wonder if Soulburner will have a burn deck? I'd love if he does but Vrains does have it's resident burn deck with Aoi so it's more wishful thinking on my part. And Aoi better stay in Season 2 because Trickstars are my new favorite deck.

-I worry for Spectre and Akira Zaizen. Their decks are a bit slower because they take setup which results in their duels taking longer which results in more episodes for them and less protagonist Yusaku time. For me it's a joy to watch the grind style of Spectre and his Sunvine/Sunavalon deck. And seeing Flip decks in the show with Akira is a nice change from all the other standard decks. But I worry they'll do away with Spectre and Akira.

-With Revolver, I wonder how much he's going to change after his Master Duel with Playmaker. I sensed a bit of redeeming goodness in Ryoken when he explained the Lost Incident to Yusaku and Kusanagi but Ryoken himself immediately shut down the notion that he's a good person. So right now it seems difficult to see him joining Team Playmaker in the future.

-I don't care about Go. He can leave because nothing about his character stands out to me. He's supposed to come off as a Crow Hogan type with the whole caring for children thing but it worked more with Crow. And the Yusei and Crow chemistry worked much better than the Yusaku and Go chemistry. And Goukis are meh
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is season 2 will revolve around the Lost Babies and the Ignis banding together to fight SOL, so Specter will definitely be back and will probably have an Ignis with him when he dose. If Aoi comes back, then Akira will too, albeit most likely in a support role, like Kusanagi now. Revolver is going to need a major wake-up call in order to join Playmaker later. Something is going to have to happen that shows him his father was wrong about the Ignis. I'm kind of hoping that the Playmaker/Revolver Duel is only four episodes long, and episode 46-50 are a Duel against something else that convinces Revolver just how wrong he and Kogami were.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A plot with the the 6 victims paired with their Ignis taking center stage would require Jin Kusanagi recovering from his shock state out of nowhere though.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is season 2 will revolve around the Lost Babies and the Ignis banding together to fight SOL, so Specter will definitely be back and will probably have an Ignis with him when he dose. If Aoi comes back, then Akira will too, albeit most likely in a support role, like Kusanagi now. Revolver is going to need a major wake-up call in order to join Playmaker later. Something is going to have to happen that shows him his father was wrong about the Ignis. I'm kind of hoping that the Playmaker/Revolver Duel is only four episodes long, and episode 46-50 are a Duel against something else that convinces Revolver just how wrong he and Kogami were.
    Yea those SOL Technologies large chess piece people haven't been shown in a while but they're culprits in all of this. So that's a good storyline to see the Lost Incident kids attack SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    A plot with the the 6 victims paired with their Ignis taking center stage would require Jin Kusanagi recovering from his shock state out of nowhere though.
    If Reira Akaba could break out of his timid nature (albeit at the very end) then so can Jin Kusanagi hopefully

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://ygorganization.com/areyourea...gethotblooded/

Old news, sorta. More detailed/less blurry pics of Season 2 folks, as well as an additional antagonist to go along with Bowman.

Specifically the new characters. Plus messages from the VAs.

“Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS” New Character & Cast Big Introduction!!

The animated series “Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS” (which airs on TV Tokyo every Wednesday at 6:25 PM), will begin its new chapter in April! So we’ll be introducing the new characters! And we’ll be delivering messages from the cast voicing the new characters!!

Homura Takeru / Soulburner
    A young boy with the same uniform as Yusaku. In “LINK VRAINS”, he transforms into the flame themed avatar “Soulburner”! Look forward to seeing how he interacts with Playmaker!

Voice Actor: Kaji, Yuki
    When I was in elementary school, the boys there were into the “Yu-Gi-Oh!” card game. So I feel honored being given the chance to voice the new character, Homura Takeru! As a cast member, I’ll do my best in this show to give children something to dream about! Please wait to see my scorching hot Duels!!

Flame
    One of the AI known as “Ignis”, it works side-by-side with Homura! An Ignis like “Ai”, how will they interact!?

Voice Actor: Yahsiro Taku
    Because he’s a rather hot-blooded character, even among the Ignis, I intend to give my all to playing this character. I think people will enjoy seeing him confront enemies alongside his partner, Homura Takeru.

Bowman
    A mysterious Duelist. Is friend or foe for Playmaker and his allies!?

Voice Actor: Matsuda Kenji
    When I was a kid, I aspired to become a mangaka at Jump. Since then I’ve given up on my dream of breathing life into manga with a pen, but I want to breathe life into stories with my voice. And this time, it’ll be for the famous “Yu-Gi-Oh!” franchise. There’s something special about that. Please look forward to Bowman, as voiced by myself, Matsuda Kenji.

Haru/Hal*
    A mysterious boy who works with Bowman towards a certain goal. Is it possible he holds the keys to the new storyline!?

Voice Actor: Shiraishi Ryouko
    Although he has extremely adorable expressions, he has all sorts of feelings…! I’m looking forward to the postrecording. Everyone, please look forward to Hal’s appearance♪

* This character’s name can be either as read as Haru or Hal. The former is likely, but the later can easily be a reference to HAL of A Space Odyssey, which isn’t unlikely with the body of fiction Yoshida Shin, the show’s script supervisor, is known for tapping.

Source
    One of the things that stood out to me that I like about Soulburner is that the contrast between his RL and VRAINS look is very remeniescent of Yugi and Yami. Homura has a soft-eyed and gentle face, even sporting glasses to underscore the look, while Soulburner has the whole Turbo Duelist-esque, racer cool guy look, complete with Yami style bangs.

I definitely like the Soulburner look, but the dichotomy between the character's RL and VRAINS look is really nice, better so than the one between Playmaker and Yusaku, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post

-I don't care about Go. He can leave because nothing about his character stands out to me. He's supposed to come off as a Crow Hogan type with the whole caring for children thing but it worked more with Crow. And the Yusei and Crow chemistry worked much better than the Yusaku and Go chemistry. And Goukis are meh
    Go haters always surprise me, because they always come off as petty and spiteful with their disdain. It can also come off as hypocritical, because they'd riot if something happened to Blue Angel...

As one of my fav characters, I definitely don't want him to fade. Also, I heart Goukis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    https://ygorganization.com/areyourea...gethotblooded/

Old news, sorta. More detailed/less blurry pics of Season 2 folks, as well as an additional antagonist to go along with Bowman.

One of the things that stood out to me that I like about Soulburner is that the contrast between his RL and VRAINS look is very remeniescent of Yugi and Yami. Homura has a soft-eyed and gentle face, even sporting glasses to underscore the look, while Soulburner has the whole Turbo Duelist-esque, racer cool guy look, complete with Yami style bangs.

I definitely like the Soulburner look, but the dichotomy between the character's RL and VRAINS look is really nice, better so than the one between Playmaker and Yusaku, in my opinion.

Go haters always surprise me, because they always come off as petty and spiteful with their disdain. It can also come off as hypocritical, because they'd riot if something happened to Blue Angel...

As one of my fav characters, I definitely don't want him to fade. Also, I heart Goukis.
    I don't understand how I sound spiteful with my disdain for Go. If I don't like a character, of course I'm going to say negative things about him. I'm not trying to be a hater, I just don't like his character and I can formulate whatever opinion I want. Go's duel with Revolver was easily one of the best duels in the show so far to me. But his character is a redo of previous character that did well in that role and he's not hitting that standard for me. And his Gouki's are simply spam power monsters and reload your hand. Not much technique like the others. So I'm sorry if it offends you but it's uninteresting to me