User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CYHO] Dragunity Drive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not sure how best to word this (kinda wonky with words right now), but even lack a super intimate understand of the Deck, I'm not sure how accurate your words are. Being able to Equip the Special Summon Tuners or the other utility ones and being able to "revive" stuff does have its uses in such a Deck. I'd also hesitate towards the "fearing destruction" bit, 'cause it slippery-slopes into "why play any Deck but 'Tier 0'", which isn't the point.

Not feeling it now, but I don't see how this card has "no reason to be played in the first place". Not with what it does. I can kinda see why @Link-0 would have preferred if it could Equip from Hand, too, however, but I think it's a good card for the Deck in spite of that.
    I play the deck now and then since two years, so I dare to say I have a "super intimate understand" of the deck. To be honest, I could see myself playing this at 1 if it was searchable and use it as a reusable pseudo-monster reborn, but if that won't be the case, I think that generic revival S/T like Revival of Dragon Lords, CotH/BttF, Monster Reborn, Soul Charge are better in any possible way, being able to revive your most important monsters (Crystal Wing being one of them) while also being far more versatile (Revival is a spell and also protects your monsters; CotH and BttF don't ask you to wait a turn to revive something and the latter is not continuous, Reborn summons EVERYTHING and Soul Charge lets you do that big play you wouldn't otherwise) and not asking you to NOT summon your non-archetypal monsters, which happen to be your trump cards, and I'm speaking of things like Atum, Red-Eyes, Crystal Wing, and many others. Without them, I don't think the deck can put enough presence of board to actually compete even in the most casual environment.

Sure, if more cards show up that make this card better at what it does, and I'm thinking of a little dragon that negates things while equipped, my opinion on this card will drastically change. But, as of now, there's no reason to play this card, in my opinion.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Sure, if more cards show up that make this card better at what it does, and I'm thinking of a little dragon that negates things while equipped, my opinion on this card will drastically change.
    Not really what you asked for, but the new bird, Dragunity Senatus, can use equips as destruction replacements.

Senatus can also easily load the GY to give targets to Drive. Worst case, Senatus can use Drive as discard fooder.
    On the other hand, Senatus makes Dragunity faster, and Drive is still slow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is, I'm almost surely using Senatus' eff to equip Phalanx/Kuse, and then do the usual Dragunity play (synchro climbing into Crystal Wing/Ascalon/whatelse). 1800 ATK is not gonna stay on the field for long, and I'm not gonna summon Senatus and pass, so any other effect outside of "Equip dragons and go into Extra Deck" is irrelevant.
    Don't get me wrong, Senatus is AWESOME, it just isn't what makes Drive worth existing, at least outside of a casual environment. I still think that Revival, CotH/BttF, Monster Reborn and Soul Charge are all better options.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.