Thread: [CYHO] Dragunity Drive

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[CYHO] Dragunity Drive

Dragunity Drive
    Continuous Trap Card
    You can only use the effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) You can activate one of the following effects. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except “Dragunity” monsters during the turn in which you activate this effect.
    -Target 1 “Dragunity” monster card in your Spell & Trap Zone; Special Summon it in Defense Position.
    -Target 1 “Dragunity” monster you control; choose 1 “Dragunity” monster in your Graveyard and equip it to that targeted monster you control.
    Very simple and basic for what Dragunities do and really neat because of that.

I think the ideal using the first option would be reviving a big monster equipped to Leyvaten, but I don't remember Dragunities as well as I should. By the way, the first option doesn't have any requirements about what sent the monster to the S/T Zone, so Paladin of Felgrand does the job better than any Dragunity I remember.

The second option can go with Phalanx/Kuse's effect to Special Summon immediately. It can also turn even the Winged Beast guys into equips, but I can't think of anything useful to do with it, other than maybe reviving with it Militum or this card first option on the opponent's turn/your next turn.

When I first read the card I found it curious that it said "You can only use the (1) effect of this card’s name once per turn" even though it only had 1 effect. Only when I read the Org's translation assuming it's a typo and leaving it out that I considered the idea it was a typo and now I feel dumb about it.

Anyways, this card is named after Structure Deck: Dragunity Drive, the OCG equivalent to Dragunity Legion Structure Deck, so I'm pretty sure this card's TCG name should be Dragunity Legion instead of Dragunity Drive. EDIT: The Org's Yugipedia is already calling the card Dragunity Legion but the article was updated yet. I also found out I unfortunately can't change the thread's name.
    Last edited by Comun; 28th March 2018 at 01:28 PM.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a cool card for the Deck. It's been getting more flak than it should elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I also found out I unfortunately can't change the thread's name.
    You can't?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least I don't know how to.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't edit a thread title or delete a thread. So if you post and then realize you made a mistake in the title you just have to let it. You can ask a mod to delete it, I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    At least I don't know how to.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    You can't edit a thread title or delete a thread. So if you post and then realize you made a mistake in the title you just have to let it. You can ask a mod to delete it, I think.
    I guess you would need to PM or "report" the thread to a Mod or Admin.

When was the last time they came around here? Not even @NeoArkadia does anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, it's not good, but not bad eith-
    You cannot Special Summon monsters, except “Dragunity” monsters during the turn in which you activate this effect.
    Ok, it sucks.

Konami, are you even trying?
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Oh, it's not good, but not bad eith-

Ok, it sucks.

Konami, are you even trying?
    Based on things that would get out of hand otherwise, that's a logical restriction. Besides, if you use it during your Opponent's turn, it won't matter, if it's that much of a hindrance to a player.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is unfortunately slow.

And I don't mean it because it is a Trap card. Actually, being a Trap is a blessing in disguise, because it means this will not be limited/banned because of some F/OTK combo. Dragunity have suffered enough through Dragon Ravine's exile.

I mean it is slow because it relies on other cards to have an equiped or GY'ed Dragunity to make some use of. If only the second effect allowed to equip from the GY or hand, it could help speed up a bad starting hand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Based on things that would get out of hand otherwise, that's a logical restriction. Besides, if you use it during your Opponent's turn, it won't matter, if it's that much of a hindrance to a player.
    Thing is, there's no reason to play this card in the first place. There are no Dragunity monsters that give protection or ATK boost, so there's no reason to equip one of them to a monster you control with this card, especially during the opponent's turn, since they'll be very likely to destroy the monster you're equipping the dragon to. It's not like Dragunity has that much of a protection, outside of Crystal Wing and other non-archetypal monsters, which are also monsters you can't equip things to using this card.
    Last edited by BBDD; 31st March 2018 at 10:25 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Thing is, there's no reason to play this card in the first place. There are no Dragunity monsters that give protection or ATK boost, so there's no reason to equip one of them to a monster you control with this card, especially during the opponent's turn, since they'll be very likely to destroy the monster you're equipping the dragon to. It's not like Dragunity has that much of a protection, outside of Crystal Wing and other non-archetypal monsters, which are also monsters you can't equip things to using this card.
    Not sure how best to word this (kinda wonky with words right now), but even lack a super intimate understand of the Deck, I'm not sure how accurate your words are. Being able to Equip the Special Summon Tuners or the other utility ones and being able to "revive" stuff does have its uses in such a Deck. I'd also hesitate towards the "fearing destruction" bit, 'cause it slippery-slopes into "why play any Deck but 'Tier 0'", which isn't the point.

Not feeling it now, but I don't see how this card has "no reason to be played in the first place". Not with what it does. I can kinda see why @Link-0 would have preferred if it could Equip from Hand, too, however, but I think it's a good card for the Deck in spite of that.