User Tag List

Thread: FLOD F.A. preview

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FLOD F.A. preview

A new poll for the F.A. monsters is up for the next 24 hours.

Tomorrow one of these 2 cards will be revealed based on which gets the most votes. However if the poll in total recieves 6000 votes, both cards will be revealed. If 12,000 total votes are recieved, all 5 new F.A. cards in Flames of Destruction will be revealed
    Link to Poll

Seems the Black kart seen in some of the spells will finally get printed. The other seems a powered-up version of Sonic Mestier.
    Who wants to guess names and effects?

Of note, there will be 5 cards this time, instead of 4.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That batmobile looks pretty awesome, i bet it's going to have a monster negation effect. It even looks like something dark lady would drive.

The sonic meister upgrade may be a synchro.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When do we get F.A. Delorian?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12.000 votes have been reached! All five F.A. cards will be revealed.

My picks for these two cards:
    The powered-up Sonic Meister will be a lv6 monster. It could have a "Tribute an F.A. monster to SS this card" effect. If not, I hope it's better than the other lv6 monster we have. It could also be a lv9 main deck boss monster, to pair with the extra deck boss monster we already have.
    The black kart is the "bad guy", so it would make sense for it to not share the same effect of the other archetypal monsters (level up when S/T is activated). I predict it to be a lv4 monster that destroys your cards to do something, which of course would be great since the archetype strives to destroy its own field spells.

As for the other three cards, I have no idea. I hope there will be a continuous spell/trap that recycles field spells/banished F.A. Cards to do something. That way, the deck could run less field spells, thus lowering the chances of drawing them all in the first turn.
    Another card is probably gonna be another field spell. That's a pretty safe prediction, since we got one in each of the previous sets.
    The last card could also be the other black vehicle seen in some of the spells.
    Last edited by BBDD; 5th April 2018 at 12:12 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F.A. Dark Dragster
    Level 7/ATK 0/DEF 2000
    DARK/Machine/Effect
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having a Level 7 or higher “F.A.” monster on the field, but no “F.A. Dark Dragster” in your Monster Zone. Gains ATK equal to its Level x 300. Each time a “F.A.” Spell/Trap Card or effect is activated: You can increase this card’s Level by 1. Once per turn: You can target 1 card on the field; reduce this card’s level by 3, and if you do, destroy that target.

F.A Dawn Dragster
    Level 7/ATK 0/DEF 2000
    LIGHT/Machine/Synchro/Effect
    1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
    Gains ATK equal to its Level x 300. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. Each time a “F.A.” Spell/Trap Card or effect is activated: You can increase this card’s Level by 1. Once per turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card or effect (Quick Effect): you can reduce this card’s Level by 2, and if you you do, negate the activation, and if you do that, destroy that card.

F.A. Winners
    Continuous Spell
    If you control a “F.A.” monster, this card cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s card effects. When your “F.A.” monster whose Level is at least 5 higher than it’s original Level battles an opponent’s monster and inflicts battle damage to them: banish 1 card from your hand, field or GY. You can only activate this effect of “F.A. Winners” once per turn. If 3 of your “F.A” Field Spells with different names are currently banished, and were all banished by the effect of “F.A. Winners”, you win the duel.

F.A. Dead Heat
    Continuos Trap
    when an opponent’s monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon 1 “F.A.” monster from your deck. You can only use this effect of “F.A. Dead Heat” once per turn. Once per battle, if your “F.A” monster battles an opponent’s monster, before damage calculation: You can have both players roll a six-sided die. If your result is higher, increase the Level of your battling monster by 4, until the end of this turn (even if this card leaves the field). If your result is lower, destroy your battling monster. If it’s a tie, both players roll again.

F.A. Overheat
    Trap
    If only your opponent controls a monster: Special Summon 1 “F.A” monster from your hand, and if you do, increase it’s Level by 3 until the end of this turn. If this card is in the GY and you control no cards in your Field Zone: you can banish this card from the GY: activate 1 “F.A.” Field Spell directly from your hand of GY. You can only use this effect of “F.A. Overheat” once per turn.

I have mixed feelings about them.
    We got no new lv4 monster, meaning we have to run Sonic Meister if we want to use Ties of the Brethren. We got no new field spell (the third one was good, so no problem). We got a recycler for Field Spells, but not in the shape I was hoping for (a banish-from-GY effect slapped in a mediocre trap card). And the fifth card is... a win condition without other effects. Which of course will see no use whatsoever.

The monsters are good. Black Guy works with lv4+field spell, but doesn't exactly replace Zoodiac Barrage since it cannot be used when you open with only Autonavigator and other bad/not immediately useful cards.
    Dawn Dragster is very cool, I can see myself cornering my opponent with S/T negation+Dark Law banishment.
    Dead Heat is not that bad, but it's a battle trap, and they're not very popular in these days, since they can be removed from the field with ease before they have the chance to activate.
    Overheat... ugh, a CyDra requirement for a SS from the hand? Could have at least been able to summon the monster from the deck as well. The GY effect is good though, it can be activated in the same turn it is sent there and even during the opponent's turn if needed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this was dissapointing. I only like the monsters and i dont even need to play f.a.s to use the synchro which is possibly their best monster. The two continuous are garbage and the normal trap is cool but can be dead a lot of times, since there aren't many main deck monsters worth playing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly what I thought.
    It's a shame, F.A. got very good cards in the last set and had so much potential. Hopefully OCG will fix it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit is true, is a generic lv7 with s/t negation, and I was wondering why it is secret.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The monsters are excellent. Destruction for roughly no cost and all round negate on a generic synchro. Over heat is ok I guess. Gets you a monster increases it's level and gets you back a field spell. Dead is also pretty nice since if you get board wiped you can get an FA to the field with no restriction and the insta win is cheesy, but can be easy to pull off considering marshaling field is a thing. The spell and traps are not great, but I can find uses with them if I have the space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I alone in liking each and everything. They're all so thematically appropriate and flavorful, especially Winners. Following the conditions aren't hard at all in the Deck (over the course of 3 turns might be trickier, but that's where the fun comes from). Main Deck is cool and reminds me of Dastardly and Muttley's MO (slowing down deliberately to sabotage). I really love the Traps, especially the former, which allows you to get a Monster on the Field when you don't open any or a way to destroy your Fields. Its second effect is win-win, since even if the Monster is destroyed, you won't take any damage.
    The last Trap being what it is has some cool implications, especially if used to Summon Hang-On Mach, and the Grave effect is simply gravy.

An awesome final round of support. F.A. wins all the style points here, with how themeatic everything released in this wave is.

(As an aside, I am weary on how frowny-face most others have been in response, because it's not really warranted in this case and it's just cliche and old hat in general.)