User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: [Cybernetic Horizon] The Remaining Cards

  1. #11
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,334
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSteps View Post
    Is no one gonna talk about (bankbook of prediction) Seers Passbook being the best card in this box and possibly the best card made since pot of greed? Go back and read that card everyone, this will be the talk of the town soon. Pot of greed is basically back. Its like shard of greed and reckless greed had a baby. Theres no downsides to the card like Desires, simply draw 3 freaking cards after 3 turns, and its not continuos so it cant be popped before resolving. Most generic and non limiting draw card ever made since pot of greed
    I haven't even been to my locals in ages, so I'm not really on top of the meta. But isn't the game pretty fast at this point? The game might be over in three turns, and until then it's a minus one. Unless the game gets slower, I'm not sure how useful this card is.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  2. #12
    Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sanctuary In The Sky
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I haven't even been to my locals in ages, so I'm not really on top of the meta. But isn't the game pretty fast at this point? The game might be over in three turns, and until then it's a minus one. Unless the game gets slower, I'm not sure how useful this card is.
    Bingo. Wasting a card now to get 3 random cards later, one of which might be a crucial 1-of you can no longer search/draw into, isn't good in today's meta. Basically every deck is about spamming as strong a board as possible on turn one, using every card available to them. Investing in future returns just isn't a thing, much like how Future Fusion isn't used anymore since its purpose for the last ~8 or so years has been to dump monsters in the graveyard rather than actually summon a fusion monster, only now even that happens a turn too late to be useful.

  3. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I haven't even been to my locals in ages, so I'm not really on top of the meta. But isn't the game pretty fast at this point? The game might be over in three turns, and until then it's a minus one. Unless the game gets slower, I'm not sure how useful this card is.
    it generally is. draw 3 after 3 of your stanby turns is way too slow. the only deck that can take advantage of this are banish mill/gren maju/gandora decks since they run soul absorption, or are trying to OTK the opponent with the amount of banished cards. with soul absorption, you can heal well above 30000+ LP with the right cards.

    but pot of desires basically does the same thing, only faster and heals 3500 more LP than this card does. who knows, maybe this exist for the 50-60 card variety.

  4. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSteps View Post
    Is no one gonna talk about (bankbook of prediction) Seers Passbook being the best card in this box and possibly the best card made since pot of greed? Go back and read that card everyone, this will be the talk of the town soon. Pot of greed is basically back. Its like shard of greed and reckless greed had a baby. Theres no downsides to the card like Desires, simply draw 3 freaking cards after 3 turns, and its not continuos so it cant be popped before resolving. Most generic and non limiting draw card ever made since pot of greed
    Except that most duels, especially in high-level tournaments, end way before the third turn after the activation of a non-searchable card. Cool card, but I don't think will see play. The only exception to this, that I can think right now, are lockdown decks like PSYframe, Traptrix, maybe Paleo/Frogs and True Draco, which COULD slow the game until the third turn comes. But even then, I think that lasting three turns with one less card in the hand (bankbook itself) would be kinda difficult, and most of those type of deck already has access to both Desire and Demise.

    EDIT: Ninj'd.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

  5. #15
    Registered User CardTamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I think that's how TCG should roll for a while. One new theme and then legacy support. Especially for previous exclusive themes(including Korean exclusive).
    i agree. My big hope is they revisit the DT archetypes. I'm still sore they ended Jurrac without giving them a Level 4 Tuner and Level 6, 8, and 9 Synchros.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Bingo. Wasting a card now to get 3 random cards later, one of which might be a crucial 1-of you can no longer search/draw into, isn't good in today's meta. Basically every deck is about spamming as strong a board as possible on turn one, using every card available to them. Investing in future returns just isn't a thing, much like how Future Fusion isn't used anymore since its purpose for the last ~8 or so years has been to dump monsters in the graveyard rather than actually summon a fusion monster, only now even that happens a turn too late to be useful.
    Bankbook's definitely an Anime card. I could see it being used in a Duel there, but not that often IRL.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

  6. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk maybe im looking at it the wrong way. But survive three turns and you basically should be able to blow your opponent away with that plus 4. Draw 1 for your draw phase then the 3 for bank book. Even if you hsd no cards in your hand you would have 4 to work with right there.

  7. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double post sorry
    Last edited by GeneralSteps; 13th April 2018 at 07:46 PM.

  8. #18
    Registered User CardTamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSteps View Post
    Idk maybe im looking at it the wrong way. But survive three turns and you basically should be able to blow your opponent away with that plus 4. Draw 1 for your draw phase then the 3 for bank book. Even if you hsd no cards in your hand you would have 4 to work with right there.
    The big problem is surviving those 3 turns. The Duel could very easily end before those 3 turns pass, and if one of those cards is something you need right then and there, you're screwed.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

  9. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I guess, once again, it is the TCG that is providing the interesting stuff. Neo Spacian support will apparently be TCG Exclusive. In that case, I hope we only get one new theme in the TCG set and the other supported theme turns out to be all NS support. Then give me those NEXSpacians and NEXNeos fusions.
    Either that, or import, presuming that the rumored Duelist of Legend 3 Neos support is accurate and they decided not to move the entire Pack over.

    Also, keep in mind that among the 12 cards Noble Knights will likely also be sharing the World Premiere space. So if Neo-Spacian support is/are World Premiere(s), it'll be half that and half Noble Knight. I would guess that the Cryptid Deck would be the majority, and be 5 or 6 cards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CardTamer View Post
    Bankbook's definitely an Anime card. I could see it being used in a Duel there, but not that often IRL.
    Placement doesn't correlate to Anime cards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSteps View Post
    Idk maybe im looking at it the wrong way. But survive three turns and you basically should be able to blow your opponent away with that plus 4. Draw 1 for your draw phase then the 3 for bank book. Even if you hsd no cards in your hand you would have 4 to work with right there.
    I like the card, and I'd definitely want to try it at 3s in my Decks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CardTamer View Post
    The big problem is surviving those 3 turns. The Duel could very easily end before those 3 turns pass, and if one of those cards is something you need right then and there, you're screwed.
    I assume you're speaking from a YCS and up perspective? Also, under this mindset you'd likely lost regardless if you were so hampered by the loss of a single card.

  10. #20
    Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    So if Neo-Spacian support is/are World Premiere(s), it'll be half that and half Noble Knight.
    Bare in mind the only hint we have so far suggests only a Spell Card and nothing more. Not to say their can't be, just pointing out that what we've heard doesn't suggest multiple pieces of support.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •