User Tag List

Thread: Vendread Anima

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vendread Anima

The official North American Facebook Page has revealed the first of the 5 Vendread cards in “Flames of Destruction”

Vendread Anima
    Level 1 DARK Zombie Effect Monster
    ATK 0
    DEF 0
    You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 of your banished “Vendread” monsters, except “Vendread Anima”; Special Summon it, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Zombie monsters. A “Vendread” monster Ritual Summoned using this card on the field gains the following effect. You can only use each of the preceeding effects of “Vendread Anima” once per turn.
    • Banish any monster destroyed by battle with this card.

https://ygorganization.com/sothefema...evendreadsoul/

Konami, you already fucked up with F.A.
    At least TRY turning this messed up deck into something playable.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we are getting 5 vendread and 5 F.A. cards which is 10 in total which has been the max for tcg exclusives and since the new Neo Spacian support should be a tcg exclusive this means we will be getting more than 10 tcg exclusives in this set. This makes me wonder how many tcg exclusives we will actually get in this set and if they plan on reducing the imports for more tcg exclusives in future sets.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Neo Spacian spell is in CYHO. Not this set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    The Neo Spacian spell is in CYHO. Not this set.
    Oh yeah I almost forgot it was for horizon and not this set.

Ravensdale, Washington, United States of America
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Kozmo and Burning Abyss both got 5 cards per set while UA and Kaiju only got 4 cards per set? Yeah, Kozmo and BA did really well, not only because of better designed cards, but also because there was a bigger wealth of support and options for those archetypes. I am hoping with Konami's recent announcement to going back to more TCG exclusives, that this means that we can see a return to powerful TCG exclusive archetypes. Kozmo and Burning Abyss were my among my favorite decks because since they did not exist in OCG, it led to real player creativity and show cased deck building skills.

What happened to Subterror and Vendread is shameful on many levels.

But this card seems pretty decent. I am hoping the remaining four cards for Vendread include their own Vendread Kaleidoscope much like Nekroz, and a ritual monster that can be discarded to add a ritual spell. Then the deck would be very good in my opinion. It just needs a little help!! COMON KONAMI!!!

***100th POST***
    Last edited by MajorRiot; 18th April 2018 at 11:54 PM.
    Please check out my Yu-Gi-Oh product opening channel! I usually drink beer while opening!
    Please like and subscribe and thank y'all kindly!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...EKw51lPfngMELg

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would actually like KoA to reduce the number of TCG Exclusive archetypes to 1 per year and use the rest of the exclusive slots to support past exclusives.

Ravensdale, Washington, United States of America
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I would actually like KoA to reduce the number of TCG Exclusive archetypes to 1 per year and use the rest of the exclusive slots to support past exclusives.
    That is not a bad idea. Kozmo is still missing the fusion of The Emperor from Star Wars and The Wizard of Oz from The Wizard of Oz.
    Please check out my Yu-Gi-Oh product opening channel! I usually drink beer while opening!
    Please like and subscribe and thank y'all kindly!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...EKw51lPfngMELg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Konami, you already. . .
    No, they didn't. Them not doing it like you want them to doesn't mean anything else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    No, they didn't. Them not doing it like you want them to doesn't mean anything else.
    You can have fun quoting each and every message of mine, saying that clearly bad cards like F.A. Winners and Bankbook of prediction are in fact good and meta defining cards, but the fact still remains. F.A. received two good and one extraordinary bunch of cards, and the last was the worst of them all. It was very close to be meta, but they fucked up. You can have fun playing Winners with your friends, but that doesn't change that it is a bad card.
    Vendread only received mediocre cards since Code of the Duelist, with all the Ritual monsters being bad, all the small Vendreads being useless outside of Revenants and Horde, and the S/T lineup either having unnecessary restrictions, or requiring you to discard cards in order to do anything, requiring you to minus even for mediocre plays. The deck strives to consistently put a ritual monster on the field, since it cannot search its ritual spells, and even when it does, it's usually a 2400/2700 with no good effects that gives up when Kaijus are involved.
    And that's exactly the reason people plays the deck with the generic Zombie engines (Shiranui, Uni, Mezuki), because those are the most consistent and powerful cards of the deck. As of now, after THREE waves of support, the deck still cannot be played pure, because it has no power, no consistency, and cannot mantain hand advantage after the first turn.

Anima is terrible. It's a level 1 in a ritual deck with high level ritual monsters (same issue Core already had), it's ritual effect is underwelming (could have at least been Whiptail), and the GY effect, while nice, is relegated in a bad card and is even ruined by stupid restrictions that shouldn't be there in the first place. I can see myself playing this, but just because the deck has no better options.

You can say the card is good and the deck is powerful enough, but you're just lying to yourself. But, by someone who says he's willing to play 3 Bamkbook of Prediction or whatever the card was called, I'm not surprised.
    If you want to have a mature discussion about cards, it's ok, just do it right. If you're just willing to have this passive-aggressive tone in all the messages you write (which you usually have, when I am involved), I'm gonna answer like I'm doing right now.
    And this is now what I want to do. So, just ignore me please.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing posts like this means I don't have fun quoting them, particularly since I do not agree with the assering "of clearly bad cards like F.A.". I do not agree with looking a at card or group of cards solely with a lens filtered through "can it compete/win in a YCS on up?". I feel doing so is reductive on the whole and asserting so is presumptuous for the most part, and it is frustrating seeing that filtered lens considered the norm or the only reality with no exceptions. No views of alternate opinions. Nothing else. There is far too much lamenting what you feel the cards don't do and not even remotely enough looking for and appreciating what the cards actually do. (A little positive thinking could go a long way.)

On a related but overall different note, there's also a level of indignity and the aforementioned presumptuousness that really wears me down as a fan. There's a certain air of entitlement that has become wearying to me as of late. The idea that balance is wanted but anything that isn't broken or borderlinely so bemoaned is also another issue.

It's really becoming egregious for me.