User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Emperor, the Armageddon Dragon [VP18-JP004]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Emperor, the Armageddon Dragon [VP18-JP004]

Kaiba’s one-shot end-of-all-things returns.

VP18-JP004
    Shuuenryuu Chaos Emperor / Chaos Emperor, the Armageddon Dragon
    Level 8 DARK Dragon [Special Summon] Pendulum Effect Monster
    ATK 3000, DEF 2500
    Pendulum Scale 1
    Pendulum Effect:
    You can only use the [(1)st] Pendulum Effect with this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 of your banished Dragon monsters; destroy this card, and if you do, add that monster to your hand.
    Monster Effects:
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.
    Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or your face-up Extra Deck) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your GY.
    You can only Special Summon “Chaos Emperor, the Armageddon Dragon(s)” once per turn this way.
    (1) Once per turn: You can pay half your LP; send as many cards as possible from your field to the GY, except cards in the Extra Monster Zones, and if you do, send to the GY cards from your opponent’s field, up to the number of cards in the GYs sent there from your field, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of cards sent to their GY x 300.
    (2) Place this face-up Special Summoned card on the bottom of the Deck if it leaves the field.

https://ygorganization.com/boomdragon/

So it's a worse CED that comes with the benefit of coming back on its own.

Edit: Oh, never mind, it goes back to the Deck. Yeah, not looking good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this at least good in Chaos Dragons? I can't imagine using this.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an easy +1 mid-duel in a chaos dragons deck. Just set it as a Pendulum Spell, use its effect to get back a banished dragon, then "Chaos Summon" it from the Extra Deck. Result: 1 dragon in hand and a 3000 ATK beatstick on the field. And I can imagine it playing well with the other boss dragons anounced alongside it.

Also, Gold Sarcophagus + this = search any dragon. Itself being searchable by The Melody of Awakening Dragon.

Oh, also, if summoned from the hand with an empty field, it is an easy 1-for-1 removal card which neither targets nor destroys.
    Last edited by Link-0; 24th April 2018 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good, especially for the Pendulum Effect.
    I hope that a BLS retrain for the opposite scale will also be revealed.

Meanwhile, we TCG players still don't have CED's errata.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's (1) effect is meant to be used only after it has been summoned from the Extra Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    I hope that a BLS retrain for the opposite scale will also be revealed.
    I'm still waiting for the WIND Ritual version of CED. They give us ritual Summoned Skull but not CED is kind of annoying.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it not actually an easy 1-for-1 because, as a Pendulum monster, it goes to the extra deck instead of the grave, meaning the number of cards sent to your grave will still be 0? Not to mention that if summoned from the extra deck after using its first effect, it won't include itself anyways since it's in the extra monster zone... basically, this card isn't actually meant for pendulum decks at all. You place it in the extra deck by using its pendulum zone effect and then summon it from the extra deck but not via pendulum summon, but by banishing monsters from the grave, which pendulums don't go to, which also makes it hard to get rid of any of your opponent's cards since, again, pendulums don't go from the field to the grave. It can be searched by Revolution Dragon, but it's not really a pendulum monster at all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhhhh..... Ok then. Chaos BA Might be a good idea?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    It can be searched by Revolution Dragon, but it's not really a pendulum monster at all.
    You can't even pendulum summon it, which further adds to your point.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is actually pretty decent. It has non-destruction and non-targeting field removal. It can be searched by Melody and if anything it is a huge beat stick. The pendulum effect has some uses,since it can get back the dragon you banished with darkness metal and the scale is good, but it should not be teched into a heavy pendulum deck. It is not great, but somewhat better than the errata CED.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Isn't it not actually an easy 1-for-1 because, as a Pendulum monster, it goes to the extra deck instead of the grave, meaning the number of cards sent to your grave will still be 0? Not to mention that if summoned from the extra deck after using its first effect, it won't include itself anyways since it's in the extra monster zone... basically, this card isn't actually meant for pendulum decks at all. You place it in the extra deck by using its pendulum zone effect and then summon it from the extra deck but not via pendulum summon, but by banishing monsters from the grave, which pendulums don't go to, which also makes it hard to get rid of any of your opponent's cards since, again, pendulums don't go from the field to the grave. It can be searched by Revolution Dragon, but it's not really a pendulum monster at all.
    Agreed this card works best outside of pendulum decks since pendulum decks cant make the best use of the effect. At first I thought this card was great since you can just get rid of pendulum monsters to mitigate the losses, but sadly that wont work.