User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [TCG] Shadows over Valhalla

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This time ninjas are gonna be a top tier deck, i'm feeling it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    If this set contains the 4 Valkyries, their support cards, Mischief of the Time Goddess and the 4 Goddess spells then that's a total of 16 cards from his deck in this set.
    Which of the Valkyrie support cards are you counting?

Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Couldn't the third theme be Nordic?
    I mean, it's freakin' VALHALLA. It would be so damn fitting.
    It'd have been mentioned, though, if it were gonna be here. They usually mention or at least reference all the themes, and the TCG side loves Nordics (so do I) so they wouldn't pass up the opportunity to point out them getting support if they were getting some.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CardTamer View Post
    The third theme in this set might be whatever's left of Leon's Fairy Tails after the Collector's Pack. The mention in the set description might be more than a nod to the Collector's Pack.
    Would be super nice, but I feel they'd have been more explicit with that indication if it were so.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm counting all 7 support cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I checked Zigfrieds Decklist, and he actually has 5 monsters: the 4 Valkyries, plus the Fortune Chariot Union Monster (it's Valkyrie support). He also played 15 Spells and 4 Traps that don't exists IRL yet. We know we're getting 2 of those Spells (Mischief of the Time Goddess and Ride of the Valkyries), and 11 of the remaining 13 Spells have ties to Norse Mythology. Likewise, all 4 of the Traps have Norse ties as well.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I'm counting all 7 support cards.
    I was wondering if you were counting Fortune Chariot among them.

Well, I checked Zigfrieds Decklist, and he actually has 5 monsters: the 4 Valkyries, plus the Fortune Chariot Union Monster (it's Valkyrie support). He also played 15 Spells and 4 Traps that don't exists IRL yet. We know we're getting 2 of those Spells (Mischief of the Time Goddess and Ride of the Valkyries), and 11 of the remaining 13 Spells have ties to Norse Mythology. Likewise, all 4 of the Traps have Norse ties as well.
    I think Fortune Chariot is a shoe-in, just because Ziggy's Monster count is actually rather low.

The blurb also tells us indirectly that we're getting Verdande's Guidance, Skuld's Oracle, and Urd's Verdict. So we know we're getting 5 Spells, his 4 Valkyries, which makes 9, and though not stated or hinted, once again I feel the Chariot's a shoe-in.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monster: Fortune Chariot,

Spell: Pegasus Wing, Rainbow Bridge Bifrost, Swan Maiden, Ride of the Valkyries, Valkyries Embrace

Trap: Loge's Flame

These are the cards directly related to the Valkyrie archetype. These are the 7 cards I counted. Once you add Mischief and the 4 goddess spells there's not much room for consideration of anything else. 16 is a lot of cards.

The Spirit Warriors Deck Builder pack gave 15 slots to Six Samurais. Deck Build/ Booster Special is the only type of set that has dedicated so many cards to a single character deck.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 5th May 2018 at 11:46 AM.

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *cough* PEVO *cough*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think there's room here for Golden Castle of Stromberg, or is Leon more likely to get that (since he's the one who used it)?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Do you think there's room here for Golden Castle of Stromberg, or is Leon more likely to get that (since he's the one who used it)?
    It's probably with Leon's cards based on the TCG description of Battles of Legend: Light's Revenge

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know their names, but you dare not speak them! Drawn to the light of a trapezohedron, three new ancient Entities emerge from the depths of eternity to exert their maddening influence over your Duels. But those aren’t the only strange happenings afoot… Aleister the Invoker resumes his experiments, but gets a little more than he bargained for in Shadows in Valhalla! In addition to tournament mainstays like Aleister the Invoker, Invocation, and Invoked Mechaba, this booster set introduces a Link Monster version of Aleister that gives Duelists greater access to powerful Spell and Trap cards like Invocation, The Book of the Law, and Omega Summon.
    Azzathoth, Nyarla and Cthulhu's thug life brotha incoming. Just let me dream of this set actually providing new original Entity support. Something for the main deck.