Thread: [TCG] Shadows over Valhalla

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[TCG] Shadows over Valhalla

https://ygorganization.com/zeroturnkill/

incomparable Mischief of the Time Goddess! The classic Spell Card from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! anime skips the opponent’s turn completely and moves the game to the Duelist’s next Battle Phase.

Sound the horns of battle and prepare to Duel! In the twilight of Summer 2018, Shadows over Valhalla will bring Duelists the opportunity to change their own fate and wield the incomparable Mischief of the Time Goddess! Once thought to be too powerful to ever be printed in real life, this classic Spell Card from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! anime skips your opponent’s turn completely and moves the game to your next Battle Phase. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg in this 60-card all-foil booster set!

Hot off the heels of his brother, Leon’s, fairytale inspired cards from Battles of Legend – Relentless Revenge, Zigfried von Schroeder’s Valkyries are set to make their debut in Shadows over Valhalla! The Valkyries retain their abilities from the anime, but each card is boosted to be more compatible with the current game environment. This strategy aims to Summon 1 of each Valkyrie from the hand with Ride of the Valkyries, use their abilities to destroy your opponent’s best monster and copy its’ ATK, then win the Duel by attacking with all your Valkyries twice without giving your opponent a turn in between, courtesy of Mischief of the Time Goddess!

When you aren’t busy skipping your opponent’s turn with Mischief of the Time Goddess, you can dictate their fate with Zigfried’s nornir Spell Cards, which also retain their anime abilities plus a boost to help them fit with the rest of your Valkyrie strategy.

Shadows over Valhalla also reignites the Ninja strategy! Ninja Decks combine powerful Warrior-Type “Ninja” monsters with “Ninjitsu Art” Spell and Trap Cards. You need a steady supply of Ninjitsu Arts to outwit and confound your opponent, so this set includes a “Ninja” Link Monster that Sets a Ninjitsu Art directly from your Deck every turn, and a new Ninjitsu Art card that lets you disguise your Ninja as your opponent’s monsters! If you don’t have any “Ninja” or “Ninjitsu Art” cards, don’t worry, because some of the basic cards you’ll need to build this Deck also appear in Shadows over Valhalla.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About time, I've been waiting these cards for years, especially Ziegfried's ones. I thought it would take them some more years to release them. And it makes me really happy that they retrain their original effects and they add the goddess Spell Cards more effects to synergize with the Valkyries, that's exactly what I expected from them if they were released in the real game. And I expect both Leon and Ziegfried decks will be as powerful and scary as in the anime, I wouldn't mind if they became tier 1, those decks are awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unexpected. More ninja support intrigues me, especially since they are Six Sams enemy but never been as much good as they were.

On a side note, I wonder if this is the TCG counterpart to Hidden Summoners, or a completely TCG-exclusive set.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you think Mischief will get nerfed? You can only activate it main phase 1 unless you control a Valkyrie?
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, i dont know whats happening but they keep giving me more and more support from my favorite decks! (First madolche, then noble knight, now ninjas... should i expect a morphtronic link in the next set?). I already have a functional ninja deck, but i can't wait to see how it changes with the new cards.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A) Spoilers for CP18

B) Where the hell did this set come from and can we has MORE? Is this the next Deck Build pack???

C) The Ninja support probably won't include Jean-Claude Magnum 's ninjas from Battle City.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 3rd May 2018 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    freaking finally, we get these cards. I know mischief has to be nerfed since well it was too damned good. The ninja looks like a hanzo upgrade, most likely the new link monster.

The other question is what is the ocg counter part to this set, because we usually get a ocg pack named off and then a tcg equivalent is announced, but this seems to be in a reverse order, unless it is a tcg exclusive set that the ocg will get later, but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    freaking finally, we get these cards. I know mischief has to be nerfed since well it was too damned good. The ninja looks like a hanzo upgrade, most likely the new link monster.

The other question is what is the ocg counter part to this set, because we usually get a ocg pack named off and then a tcg equivalent is announced, but this seems to be in a reverse order, unless it is a tcg exclusive set that the ocg will get later, but I doubt it.
    Set size suggests it could be the next Deck build pack- Hidden Summoners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Set size suggests it could be the next Deck build pack- Hidden Summoners.
    I doubt it . This seems more like a special pack in line with a dragons of legend or the numbers hunter pack. It doesnt seem like a deck build product. Since those usually revolve around three themes while this seems more like it will release anime cards and strengthen certein decks. Granted I can be wrong, I guess time will tell.
    Last edited by haloichigo1; 3rd May 2018 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I doubt it . This seems more like a special pack in line with a dragons of legend or the numbers hunter pack. It doesnt seem like a deck build product. Since those usually revolve around three themes while this seems more like it will release anime cards and strengthen certein decks. Granted I can be wrong, I guess time will tell.
    3 themes: Anime character Zigfried's deck, legacy archetype Ninja deck, (probably game original deck yet to be revealed).
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 3rd May 2018 at 11:38 PM.