User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Remaining Collectors Pack 2018 Cards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Remaining Collectors Pack 2018 Cards

Since the forums been through its regularly "scheduled" personal time (don't know how to describe when it goes off line and says my clock is wrong), the remaining cards from Collectors Pack 2018 have been revealed and leaked, including two reprints for Manga Zane's Deck.

First, a Monster that's a curve ball in many ways, yet themeatically appropriate to lead into a Fairy Tale.

https://ygorganization.com/dumbobutdeadlier/

The card Pegasus had Sam use to embarrass Keith is finally becoming a real card.

CP18-JP003 飛行エレファント Hikou Elephant (Flying Elephant)
    Level 4 WIND Beast Effect Monster
    ATK 1850
    DEF 1300
    (1) The first time this card would be destroyed by an opponent’s card effect during each of your opponent’s turns, it is not destroyed.
    (2) During the End Phase, if this card’s (1)st effect was applied this turn (and was not negated): Apply this effect to it during your next turn.
    • When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent by a direct attack, you win the Duel.

Source
    Next, the long awaited debut of [some of] Leon's Fairy Tale cards!

https://ygorganization.com/yourentir...eswhatdoyoudo/

Leon’s cards are announced finally, along with the one of the most infamous cards from the Grand Prix!

CP18-JP004 シンデレラ Cinderella
    Level 4 LIGHT Fairy Effect Monster
    ATK 300
    DEF 600
    You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Normal/Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 “Pumpkin Carriage” from your hand or Deck, then you can equip 1 “Glass Slippers” from your Deck to this card if “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in a Field Zone.
    (2) When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent by a direct attack: You can target 1 “Glass Slippers” equipped to this card and 1 face-up monster on the field; equip that “Glass Slippers” to that second target.

CP18-JP005 カボチャの馬車 Kabocha no Basha (Pumpkin Carriage)
    Level 3 EARTH Plant Effect Monster
    ATK 0
    DEF 300
    (1) Each “Cinderella” you control can attack directly.
    (2) Each “Golden Castle of Stromberg” you control cannot be destroyed by card effects, also they cannot be targeted by an opponent’s card effects.

CP18-JP006 鉄のハンス Tetsu no Hans (Iron Hans)
    Level 4 EARTH Warrior Effect Monster
    ATK 1200
    DEF 800
    (1) If this card is Summoned: You can activate this effect; Special Summon 1 “Iron Knight” from your Deck, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, unless “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in a Field Zone when this effect resolves.
    (2) While “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in a Field Zone, this card gains 1000 ATK for each “Iron Knight” you control.

CP18-JP008 鉄の騎士 Tetsu no Kishi (Iron Knight)
    Level 4 EARTH Warrior Effect Monster
    LV4 1700/1700
    You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
    (1) While you control “Iron Hans”, this card loses 1000 ATK.
    (2) If this card on the field is either sent to the GY by a card effect or destroyed by battle: You can add 1 “Iron Hans” from your Deck to your hand, or, if “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in a Field Zone, you can add 1 Warrior monster from your Deck to your hand, instead.

CP18-JP008 怪鳥グライフ Kaichou Grife (Glife the Phantom Bird)
    Level 4 WIND Winged Beast Effect Monster
    ATK 1500
    DEF 1500
    You can only use the (2)nd effect with this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) You can discard this card; add 1 “Golden Castle of Stromberg” from your Deck to your hand.
    (2) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 card in your opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone; destroy it.

CP18-JP009 ヘクサ・トゥルーデ Hexe Trude
    Level 8 DARK Spellcaster Effect Monster
    ATK 2600
    DEF 2100
    (1) While “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in a Field Zone, this card can be Normal Summoned without Tributing.
    (2) Once per turn, if “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in a Field Zone: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it, and if you do, this card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase this turn.
    (3) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can target 1 face-up monster you control; that monster gains 400 ATK.

CP18-JP010 シュトロームベルクの金の城 Stromberg no Kin no Shiro (Golden Castle of Stromberg)
    Field Spell Card
    Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you must banish the top 10 cards of your Deck face-down (this is not optional), or this card is destroyed.
    (1) During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon from your Deck 1 monster that specifically lists the card “Golden Castle of Stromberg” in its text. You cannot Normal Summon/Set during the turn you activate this effect.
    (2) When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: Destroy that attacking monster, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its ATK.

CP18-JP011 ガラスの靴 Glass no Kutsu (Glass Slippers)
    Equip Spell Card
    You can only use the (2)nd effect with this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) While the equipped monster’s Type is Fairy, it gains 1000 ATK. While the equipped monster’s Type is not Fairy, it cannot attack, also it loses 1000 ATK.
    (2) If this card is sent to the GY because the monster it was equipped to was destroyed: You can target 1 “Cinderella” you control; equip this card to that target.

CP18-JP012 鉄の檻 Tetsu no Ori (Iron Cage)
    Continuous Spell Card
    You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
    (1): When this card resolves, send 1 monster you control to the GY, or, if “Golden Castle of Stromberg” is in a Field Zone, you can send 1 monster your opponent controls to the GY, instead.
    (2): Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can target 1 monster in either GY that was sent there by this card’s (1)st effect; destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon that target.

Source
    Next, a last minute pack leak revealed the last two new cards.

https://ygorganization.com/bornfromdiceonis/

Born from Draconis
    Normal Trap Card
    During the turn this card is activated, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except with this card’s effect.
    (1) Banish all face-up LIGHT Machine monsters from your field and GY; Special Summon 1 Level 6 or higher LIGHT Machine monster from your hand, ignoring its Summoning conditions, and if you do, its ATK/DEF becomes the number of monster(s) banished to activate this card x 500, also it is unaffected by card effects (except its own).

Number 67: Paradicesmasher
    Rank 5 LIGHT Fairy Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK 2100
    DEF 2100
    Materials: 2 or more Level 5 monsters
    (1) Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; each player rolls a six-sided die twice and, until the end of the next turn, monsters possessed by the player whose total result was higher cannot activate their effects or declare attacks.
    (2) Once per turn, if either player(s) rolls a die (or dice) while this card has Xyz Material, you can choose 1 die result and treat it as 7.

Source (Expect it to be deleted)
    And the last 2 cards, which are reprints for Manga Zane's Deck.

https://ygorganization.com/cyberlarvatothestars/

I hope you’re a fan of Kaiser Ryo and his manga Deck.

CP18-JP019 Cyber Larva

CP18-JP018 Cyber Eltanin

Last edited by J. D. Guy; 13th May 2018 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stromberg looks kind of like a fun deck, but you only get like 2-4 turns with Stromberg out, and I don't think the deck can do that much in that time.
    Maybe hybridize it and make a 60 card deck?
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my rage over losing Dice Dungeon to Flying Elephant and it's retarded effect that suddenly makes me fully understand the depths of Kieth' s hatred of Pegasus. ;P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Stromberg looks kind of like a fun deck, but you only get like 2-4 turns with Stromberg out, and I don't think the deck can do that much in that time.
    Not sure how I'll go about it, but I'm definitely intend to make a Deck out what's been released so far.

I'm pleasantly pleased with how they turned out, though. Tying Leon's Fairy Tale Deck to Golden Castle of Stromberg was pretty wise, in my opinion, as it gives the Deck cohesion and an anchor for which future support can be segued into the Deck, including the remainder of Leon's cards.

Still want Tom Thumb someday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    All my rage over losing Dice Dungeon to Flying Elephant and it's retarded effect that suddenly makes me fully understand the depths of Kieth' s hatred of Pegasus. ;P
    Thanks, I knew I forgot something. I intended to add it, but ended up getting lost in the other Fairy Tales.

Also, they had no plans for Dice Dungeon or Dimension Dice from the outset, as evident in how they set the Set up. It's unfortunate, but it was telegraphed; can't be too mad at 'em.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 13th May 2018 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Maybe it's a deck you don't use as a pure deck until next year. Interesting they turned Glide into a field searcher. We haven't gotten real field searchers in a while.

Not sure how I feel about a card that was added last minute to a characters deck to be the ultimate dick move becoming the centerpiece of the character's deck in real life. Though I am impressed how they handled bringing the theme to real life.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 13th May 2018 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's a deck you don't use as a pure deck until next year. Interesting they turned Glide into a field searcher. We haven't gotten real field searchers in a while.

Not sure how I feel about a card that was added last minute to a characters deck to be the ultimate dick move becoming the centerpiece of the character's deck in real life. Though I am impressed how they handled bringing the theme to real life.
    I was about to ask, what're your thoughts on the Fairy Tale Deck?

And with Terraforming limited in the OCG, they seem to have gone back to making Monsters that discard themselves to search specific Fields. First Ahrima, the Wicked Warden, now Glife the Phantom Bird. If nothing else, in Glife's case, that does give him more to do than he otherwise would have had.

Turning Golden Castle into the Deck's uniting centerpiece was a pragmatic choice, no doubt, but it was one I feel, once again, to be wise and rather genius.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 13th May 2018 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emergency Cyber and Born From Draconis is making me wish Vehicroids had been featured in CYHO instead of Cyber Dragon. It's a crime Ultimate Machine Union still hasn't come out.

Since Jump is so much more interested in printing original cards than the numerous ones featured in the comics they publish, they should make a Fairy Godmother or Wishing Tree card for Cinderella.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emergency Cyber and Born From Draconis is making me wish Vehicroids had been featured in CYHO instead of Cyber Dragon. It's a crime Ultimate Machine Union still hasn't come out.

Since Jump is so much more interested in printing original cards than the numerous ones featured in the comics they publish, they should make a Fairy Godmother or Wishing Tree card for Cinderella.
    Regarding the latter, maybe they might.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A while ago I made this for the Dragons of Legend sets.
    Dragons of Legend Collector Tin Promos

I think I'd go with 3 Fairy monsters for Battles of Legend tins. A "Time Reverend" supporting Timelords, a "Fairy Godmother" for Cinderella and something related to another deck from next year's set.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A while ago I made this for the Dragons of Legend sets.
    Dragons of Legend Collector Tin Promos

I think I'd go with 3 Fairy monsters for Battles of Legend tins. A "Time Reverend" supporting Timelords, a "Fairy Godmother" for Cinderella and something related to another deck from next year's set.
    I do rather hope/expect next year's Collectors Pack to have more/the rest of Leon's Anime stuff. One of the reasons I like how they did Golden Castle is because that means they can incorporate game original cards into the Deck. I hope they do, and I'd love a Fairy Godmother that supports the Cinderella side of the deck.