User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [OCG] SOFU Legacy Support

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[OCG] SOFU Legacy Support

SOFU-JP036 Chourairyuu – Thunder Dragon (Thunder Dragon, the Superelectro Dragon OR Superbolt Thunder Dragon)
    Level 8 DARK Thunder Fusion Effect Monster
    ATK 2600
    DEF 2400
    Materials: “Thunder Dragon” + 1 Thunder monster
    Must either be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by Tributing 1 non-Fusion Thunder Effect Monster during a turn that a Thunder monster’s effect was activated in the hand (in which case you do not use “Polymerization”).
    (1) Your opponent cannot add cards from their Deck to their hand, except by drawing them.
    (2) If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish 1 Thunder monster from your GY instead.

SOFU-JP042 Galaxy-Eyes Sol Flare Dragon
    Link 2 LIGHT Dragon Link Effect Monster
    ATK 2000
    Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
    Materials: 2 LIGHT monsters, including a monster with 2000 or more ATK
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 “Photon” or “Galaxy” monster in your GY; add it to your hand.
    (2) During your opponent’s Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can discard 2 “Photon” and/or “Galaxy” cards, or 1 “Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon”, then target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; destroy it.

My thought :

The Fusion is alright any easy to summon in any Thunder-based decks.
    And Galaxy-Eyes got a Link monster which.... accomplish nothing the deck couldn't do before. Cipher Blade and Full Armor Photon are by far supperior targeting removal cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame that the GalaxyEyes link is inferior to Hyper Star. Hyper already gets back nearly every photon and galaxy monster on death but also any light monster. The attack boost allows their rank 4 Xyz to protect itself and have a beefy 3k defense which is way more useful than a situational monster removal which can only be used on the opponent's turn and costs a discard of a specific monster to not be minus.

It would have at least opened up more plays if it was considered a "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" while on the field but it doesn't even do that much.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DISCARDING TWO CARDS TO DESTROY A SPECIAL SUMMONED MONSTER!? AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Also, how many Thunder monsters activate in the hand besides Thunder Dragon and Thunder Sea Horse, the latter of which is sadly much better but also doesn't allow special summoning the turn it's used.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random Thunder Dragon support is random.
    The galaxy link sucks. I hope there's a reason to use it over hyperstar, mainly synergy with other galaxy cards...? Dunno, I don't play the deck. Artwork's cool, at least.
    Last edited by BBDD; 15th June 2018 at 12:57 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thunder Dragon finally gets some attention. Yay. Why the hell is it DARK? The majority of Thunder monsters are LIGHT. This can't even synergize with LIGHT support for the deck.

Galaxy-Eyes? Well, so much for the GX legacy character support.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 15th June 2018 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Thunder Dragon finally gets some attention. Yay. Why the hell is it DARK? The majority of Thunder monsters are LIGHT. This can't even synergize with LIGHT support for the deck.

Galaxy-Eyes? Well, so much for the GX legacy character support.
    What GX deck has not received support yet?
    HEROes got ton of cards (and a structure) over the years, and Neos is the next.
    Cyber Dragon, Cyberdark and Roids received new cards, most of which are very good.
    Cyber angel got lot of love during ARC-V, same for Destiny HEROes and Ancient Gear.
    Even Ojamas and Armed Dragon received cards that tie then together.

As I never watched the anime, I don't know how many archetypes are left. Yubel is a possibility, I think. But other than that? Venom?
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    As I never watched the anime, I don't know how many archetypes are left.
    Characters on the heroes side:
    * Judai: Elemental HERO
    * Shou: Roids
    * Hayato: Koalas
    * Misawa: Water Dragon, Lythmus and Magnet Warriors (his brand of MWs are not in the OCG yet)
    * Asuka: Cyber Angels
    * Manjoume: Ojama VWXYZ Armed Dragons
    * Kaiser: Cyber (dark) Dragons
    * Cronos: Ancient Gear
    * Rei: Maiden in Love and Mystic Egg (neither in the OCG yet)
    * Fubuki: Red-Eyes
    * Kenzan: Dinosaur
    * Edo: Destiny HERO
    * Johan: Crystal Beast
    * Amon: Cloudian
    * Jim: Fossil Fusion (not yet in the OCG)
    * O'Brien: Volcanic

Major villains:
    * Amnael: Alchemy Beasts (none of the AB monsters in the OCG yet, but its major support card, Macro Cosmos, is)
    * Kagemaru: Uria, Hamon and Raviel
    * Saiou: Arcana Force
    * Yubel: Yubel
    * Supreme King: Evil HERO
    * Fujiwara: Clear (only two cards in the OCG)
    * Darkness: Darkness (only two monster in the OCG, none of the Spell/Traps the Deck needs to operate its anime gimmicks)
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Characters on the heroes side:
    * Judai: Elemental HERO
    * Shou: Roids
    * Hayato: Koalas
    * Misawa: Water Dragon, Lythmus and Magnet Warriors (his brand of MWs are not in the OCG yet)
    * Asuka: Cyber Angels
    * Manjoume: Ojama VWXYZ Armed Dragons
    * Kaiser: Cyber (dark) Dragons
    * Cronos: Ancient Gear
    * Rei: Maiden in Love and Mystic Egg (neither in the OCG yet)
    * Fubuki: Red-Eyes
    * Kenzan: Dinosaur
    * Edo: Destiny HERO
    * Johan: Crystal Beast
    * Amon: Cloudian
    * Jim: Fossil Fusion (not yet in the OCG)
    * O'Brien: Volcanic

Major villains:
    * Amnael: Alchemy Beasts (none of the AB monsters in the OCG yet, but its major support card, Macro Cosmos, is)
    * Kagemaru: Uria, Hamon and Raviel
    * Saiou: Arcana Force
    * Yubel: Yubel
    * Supreme King: Evil HERO
    * Fujiwara: Clear (only two cards in the OCG)
    * Darkness: Darkness (only two monster in the OCG, none of the Spell/Traps the Deck needs to operate its anime gimmicks)
    Thank you!

Leaving anime-only archetypes aside, I think that Cloudian, Arcana Force, Yubel, Evil HERO and Clear are the ones in need of support. All the others have already received support, even if not all of them have been given good or functional cards (Roids, Water Dragon and Uria&friends would love some more cards...).
    Are Koalas an archetype in the OCG/TCG?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Thank you!

Leaving anime-only archetypes aside, I think that Cloudian, Arcana Force, Yubel, Evil HERO and Clear are the ones in need of support. All the others have already received support, even if not all of them have been given good or functional cards (Roids, Water Dragon and Uria&friends would love some more cards...).
    Are Koalas an archetype in the OCG/TCG?
    Why does it even matter? Cyber Dragon got Main Series set support, Duelist Pack support and Collectors Pack support all within a few months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Why does it even matter? Cyber Dragon got Main Series set support, Duelist Pack support and Collectors Pack support all within a few months.
    To be honest the deck needed those cards and deserved them, after years of oblivion. I'm actually happy they decided to turn a main antagonist deck from trash tier to rogue status, giving it cards that will actually see play both in friendly duels and local tournaments, instead of wasting spots for bad cards that exist just for fanservice purpose (which is, like, 90% of collectors and duelist packs) or bad support that fails to actually fix what doesn't work in the deck and/or manages to give the deck even more weak spots (CYHO Dragunity, for example).
    Just my opinion, though. Feel free to think otherwise ^^