User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Contact Gate [CYHO] [Sneak Peek Event]

  1. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    To be honest, there's not such a thing as "best of their abilities" when speaking of Neo Spacians. All of them (the main deck ones, at least) have a bunch of random effect that don't work with each other in any way and don't do anything to advance your game status or even support the main gimmick of the deck (contact fusions). That's the reason why, among all HERO archetypes, Neo Spacian are the worst of the bunch and were never playable even back in the days when they were released. The only decent main deck neo spacian monster that I can think of is Mole, and even it doesn't do anything for its deck and is even counter-intuitive since it leaves the field, meaning that you cannot contact fusion it...
    If there's an archetype that needs retrains of its monsters, that's Neo Spacian. New monsters that are named after the old ones and gain their names while on the field would really help the archetype. If they don't do it, the deck will just rely on whatever card they'll release in the future. If you draw that new card then you can play yugioh, but if you don't, you're stuck with old, bad cards that were trash even ten years ago.
    Just my opinion, though.
    Unfortunately, it seems to go against the design philosophy that Neo-Spacians and Crystal Beasts adhere to. Their Anime lore dictates a limited quantity of them; that's why new Crystal Beasts were never made, in spite of two opportunities to hypothetically do so.

    Until they're willing to break this trend, which they don't seem inclined to, NEX support would be the only new Neo-Spacians we would be likely to get, and otherwise the support would be to just make better and easier use of what we do have.

    As of now, I'm okay with them making support that uses the Neo-Spacians we have to the best of their abilities, in part because I actually like them, but also because that's the only realistic option that's likely to happen.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 25th June 2018 at 01:59 PM.

  2. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Like Marine Dolhpin and Twinkle Moss? :P
    Sure. If they're willing to expand the NEX theme by adding new members and giving them good cards that can summon them, it could be a saving grace for the archetype. I just hope the new ones don't share the same name clause as the other ones (they need to change their names while ON THE FIELD, not ALWAYS).

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems to go against the design philosophy that Neo-Spacians and Crystal Beasts adhere to. Their Anime lore dictates a limited quantity of them; that's why new Crystal Beasts were never made, in spite of two opportunities to hypothetically do so.

    Until they're willing to break this trend, which they don't seem inclined to, NEX support would be the only new Neo-Spacians we would be likely to get, and otherwise the support would be to just make better and easier use of what we do have.

    As of now, I'm okay with them making support that uses the Neo-Spacians we have to the best of their abilities, in part because I actually like them, but also because that's the only realistic option that's likely to happen.
    As for the anime lore, I don't know anything, so I guess you're right.
    But I'm not talking of new members, I was thinking of enhanced versions of the already existing ones. New NEX monsters would be just fine, if they were willing to complete the series and give them good cards to help them hit the field. But if they're gonna stick with the old ones... I don't know how far can go a deck whose core members are a bad LP gainer that would be trash even in Nurse Reficule FTK, a worse version of Mind Crush, a monster whose only purpose is to let your opponent draw cards, and so on.
    At least some of the Crystal Beasts have good effects, and even if we look at those who I think are bad, I can at least understand why they created them and gave them those effects. But Neo Spacians? They're just random. So much random that they could be vanillas and nothing would change. In fact, I think that the deck would be much better if they were vanillas and had access to normal monster support cards.

    Of course I also hope they're willing to expand both the NEX and the Chrysalis themes. A "foolish burial a neo-spacian + special summon NEX" and a "special summon A LOT OF Chrysalis monsters from hand/deck/GY" would be just fine. They wouldn't solve the issues the deck inherently has, but at least it would be a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by BBDD; 25th June 2018 at 07:36 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

  3. #13
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,335
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems to go against the design philosophy that Neo-Spacians and Crystal Beasts adhere to. Their Anime lore dictates a limited quantity of them; that's why new Crystal Beasts were never made, in spite of two opportunities to hypothetically do so.
    I figure on is the Advanced Crystal Beasts; what would the other one be?
    If they want to make the Neo Spacian deck playable, they basically would have to retrain all of them, because even something that you can normal summon without tribute, that always counts as Neos, and can summon any NS it wants, would make the deck so unreliable that it wouldn't even be fun in a casual setting.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  4. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I figure on is the Advanced Crystal Beasts; what would the other one be?
    If they want to make the Neo Spacian deck playable, they basically would have to retrain all of them, because even something that you can normal summon without tribute, that always counts as Neos, and can summon any NS it wants, would make the deck so unreliable that it wouldn't even be fun in a casual setting.
    Oh, I meant that when they made those Crystal Pendulums and the Legend Duelist support, they could have also (maybe) found room for new Crystal Beasts. Doing so seems to be against their designs, so they didn't.

  5. #15
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,225
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be cool to see smaller Crystal Beast contact fusions that can be fused when the material are continuous spells. Like, all 7 combine to become Rainbow Dragon but combine just two and you get a smaller mythical creature.

  6. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Would be cool to see smaller Crystal Beast contact fusions that can be fused when the material are continuous spells. Like, all 7 combine to become Rainbow Dragon but combine just two and you get a smaller mythical creature.
    That would be pretty cool, actually.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •