User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact Gate [CYHO] [Sneak Peek Event]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contact Gate [CYHO] [Sneak Peek Event]

KONAMI has revealed the promotional card for the Cybernetic Horizon Sneak Peek.

Neo-Spacian support is a thing!

CYHO-ENSP1
    Contact Gate
    Normal Spell Card
    Banish 2 “Neo-Spacian” monsters with different names from your GY; Special Summon 2 “Neo-Spacian” monsters with different names from your hand, Deck, and/or GY, also, for the rest of this turn you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Fusion Monsters.
    If a face-up Fusion Monster that lists “Elemental HERO Neos” as material returns from your field to the Extra Deck: You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 of your banished “Neo-Spacian” monsters.
    You can only activate 1 “Contact Gate” per turn.

Be one of the first to Duel with the brand-new cards from the latest booster pack, Cybernetic Horizon – before they’re available in most stores!
    Participating stores will be randomly handing out exclusive Cybernetic Horizon Game Mats at the Sneak Peek. In addition, some stores will also be holding competitive Sneak Peek tournaments, where Duelists can also win exclusive Game Mats!
    Plus, everybody will receive a limited edition, Ultra Rare promotional card while supplies last! Supplies are limited, so show up early and don’t get left out!
    Source

http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/events/detail.php?id=4600

Hmm, this is actually great Neo-Spacian support for what they currently got. It synergies extremely well with Convert Contact. Although its not enough for them to hold their own.
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 21st June 2018 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This deck will never be good in modern day unless they get retrained versions of the spacians and/or fusions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this card! I'm happy we finally something concrete to go along with the Cybernetic Horizon blurb from months back.

And it's superb, too. It works well with Convert Contact, as mentioned, giving that card context for its rather particular cost of sending 2 Neo-Spacians to the GY. Fielding two Neo-Spacians of choice also makes Space Gift easy to use as an immediate follow up play, and also helps pick out Aqua-Dolphin and Glow Moss for NEX. Its GY effect even gives a partial refund on the cost just or playing the Deck as intended, or for making use of Contact Out.

Looking forward to whatever else we'll hopefully get, and also to Elemental HERO Nebula Neos!

Quote Originally Posted by Shun Kurosaki View Post
    This deck will never be good in modern day unless they get retrained versions of the spacians and/or fusions.
    That's not gonna happen for the same reason we won't get new versions of the Crystal Beasts, so it's best to look forward to getting new support that'll work towards making the existing cards work to the best of their abilities, instead.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This card is too dependent on the combo with Convert Contact.

My gut feeling is that a Rainbow Bridge-like card will allow to search any "Contact" card. But many card which have "contact" in their card name are written different in Japanese.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    My gut feeling is that a Rainbow Bridge-like card will allow to search any "Contact" card. But many card which have "contact" in their card name are written different in Japanese.
    Neo-Spacians' support is spread out enough that they could do with a "in-text reference" type of search card(s). This way, it'll bypass any issues with out of themed or even mis-named Contact cards, and include their other support that doesn't have Contact in their name.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it too much to ask to release Twinkle Neos already?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That's not gonna happen for the same reason we won't get new versions of the Crystal Beasts, so it's best to look forward to getting new support that'll work towards making the existing cards work to the best of their abilities, instead.
    To be honest, there's not such a thing as "best of their abilities" when speaking of Neo Spacians. All of them (the main deck ones, at least) have a bunch of random effect that don't work with each other in any way and don't do anything to advance your game status or even support the main gimmick of the deck (contact fusions). That's the reason why, among all HERO archetypes, Neo Spacian are the worst of the bunch and were never playable even back in the days when they were released. The only decent main deck neo spacian monster that I can think of is Mole, and even it doesn't do anything for its deck and is even counter-intuitive since it leaves the field, meaning that you cannot contact fusion it...
    If there's an archetype that needs retrains of its monsters, that's Neo Spacian. New monsters that are named after the old ones and gain their names while on the field would really help the archetype. If they don't do it, the deck will just rely on whatever card they'll release in the future. If you draw that new card then you can play yugioh, but if you don't, you're stuck with old, bad cards that were trash even ten years ago.
    Just my opinion, though.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    New monsters that are named after the old ones and gain their names while on the field would really help the archetype.
    Like Marine Dolhpin and Twinkle Moss? :P

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Like Marine Dolhpin and Twinkle Moss? :P
    That's exactly what I thought. That's exactly what NEXSpacians are. Or would be if they ever bother to finish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Is it too much to ask to release Twinkle Neos already?
    Maybe someday.