User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: [SOFU] Dinowrestlers

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,106
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    [SOFU] Dinowrestlers

    I, for one, welcome our new Dinosaur wrestling champions!

    https://ygorganization.com/wrextlemania65000000bc/

    So you want to wrestler with the newest boys on block, from 65 Million Years ago.



    SOFU-JP041 Dinowrestler King T Wrextle
    Link 3 EARTH Dinosaur Link Effect Monster
    ATK 3000
    Links: Bottom Right, Bottom, Bottom Left
    Materials: 2 or more “Dinowrestler” monsters
    (1) If this card battles, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.
    (2) Your opponent cannot target other monsters for an attack.
    (3) When your opponent’s Battle Phase begins: You can target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls; during that battle phase, your opponent must declare an attack with that monster and other monsters they cannot declare an attack. If they do not declare an attack, the target monster is destroyed when that Battle Phase ends.



    SOFU-JP006 Dinowrestler Capaptera
    Level 3 WIND Dinosaur Effect Monster
    ATK 1600
    DEF 0
    You can only use the (1)st effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) If your opponent controls more monsters than you: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; send that monster to the GY.
    (2) If this card is sent to the GY as a Link Material for a “Dinowrestler” Link Monster: You can activate this effect; that Link Monster gains 1000 ATK until the end of the turn.

    SOFU-JP007 Dinowrestler Capoeiraptor
    Level 4 EARTH Dinosaur Effect Monster
    ATK 1800
    DEF 0
    You can only use the (2)nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) This Attack Position monster cannot be destroyed by battle, but at the end of a Damage Step in which this card is attacked by an opponent’s monster: Change it to Defense Position.
    (2) During the Standby Phase, if this card is in Defense Position: You can activate this effect; Special Summon 1 “Dinowrestler Capoeiraptor” from your Deck.



    SOFU-JP008 Dinowrestler Systego
    Level 4 EARTH Dinosaur Effect Monster
    ATK 1900
    DEF 0
    You can only use the (1)st and (2)nd effects of this card’s name each once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 “Dinowrestler” monster or 1 “World Dino Wrestling” from your Deck to your hand.
    (2) During the End Phase of a turn in which this card is sent to the GY, if your opponent controls more monsters than you: You can target 1 “Dinowrestler” monster” in your GY, except “Dinowrestler Systego”; Special Summon that monster.

    SOFU-JP054 World Dino Wrestling
    Field Spell Card
    You can only use the (3)rd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) If you control a “Dinowrestler” monster, players cannot attack with more than 1 monster during each Battle Phase.
    (2) If your “Dinowrestler” monster attacks an opponent’s monster, it gains 200 ATK during damage calculation only.
    (3) If your opponent controls more monsters than you: You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 “Dinowrestler” monster from your Deck.

    Source

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,106
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And so they released Gore's new Deck, Gouki's but more manageable design-wise. I'm glad we have a new Dinosaur Archetype in the game.

    I like them well enough. They got some buffs to their cards along with a new member. So far, we're still missing 2 Main Deck Monsters, and Dinomuscle if they print it. They also have their little playstyle of being "King of the Hill, against all odds", with effects that work when the opponent's Monsters out number them. Let see if they continue to expound on this with subsequent support releases.

  3. #3
    Registered User CardTamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, a new Dino Archetype. Wish the Link wasn't limited to only Dinowrestler monsters as materials, but that's a minor grievance. Since it's a Link 3, dose that mean we'll get a Link 2 in the future?
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

  4. #4
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,479
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES!! Gimme!
    Sanokal

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,106
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CardTamer View Post
    Finally, a new Dino Archetype. Wish the Link wasn't limited to only Dinowrestler monsters as materials, but that's a minor grievance. Since it's a Link 3, dose that mean we'll get a Link 2 in the future?
    Like we did with Gouki, I'd say "almost certainly, yes."

  6. #6
    Registered User Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ancient Forest (aka Manaus, Brasil)
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder with Gou will ultimately go Manjoume with his 2 decks or if he will stick with one of them.
    Also it looks like we're not getting Blood Shepperd's Drone monster yet, which makes sense considering their inconvenient archetype name. Of the top of my head, we have Doron, SPYRAL Gear - Drone and Star Drawing as already released Drone monsters.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,106
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I wonder with Gou will ultimately go Manjoume with his 2 decks or if he will stick with one of them.
    Also it looks like we're not getting Blood Shepperd's Drone monster yet, which makes sense considering their inconvenient archetype name. Of the top of my head, we have Doron, SPYRAL Gear - Drone and Star Drawing as already released Drone monsters.
    I suspect he'll keep them seperate and swap back at a later point in the story, probably some point during year 3.

    For Sheppard's Drones, they could get around that by specifying Machine Drone Monsters.

    Sheppard could also do with more Main Deck Monsters before they release them.

  8. #8
    Registered User KingKaash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't a big fan of Goukis or Gore but this feels weird. I mean Dinowrestlers do have some strategy to it vs Gouki's mainly dropping strong bosses. I guess maybe if another character got them I'd be okay with this. Goukis and Gore went well with each other at least. Maybe he'll come back to the Goukis someday
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain


  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,106
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of Goukis or Gore but this feels weird. I mean Dinowrestlers do have some strategy to it vs Gouki's mainly dropping strong bosses. I guess maybe if another character got them I'd be okay with this. Goukis and Gore went well with each other at least. Maybe he'll come back to the Goukis someday
    I'm sure he will in time, perhaps some point in the 3rd year. In the meantime, Dinowrestlers will be fleshed out like Goukis were over time. As mentioned, they already have play aesthetic to them. I'm looking forward to how they'll expand and evolve it. For now, I like them well enough, better than I did when they first debuted in the Anime (we got a new member and buffs for the used ones, which helped a lot). I can also get a better sense of their aesthetic now, too.


    The reasons for the switch in Decks likely have a few different roots, some of it more speculation. In-universe, it signifies his switch in character and goals, right along with his new look and new "occupation". It's actually fitting there, and Blue Girl not doing similar is kind of surprising by comparison.

    Out of universe, the reasoning can be speculated two-fold.

    First is how it is likely difficult to write Goukis in a Duel. Their ability to search and replace themselves the way they do means that Gore should always have cards over his opponent, even in cases of setbacks. This can make writing for Goukis potentially difficult because of needing to write around the reality that Gore with Goukis should nearly always have an advantage but the Duel still needs to have some kind of tension and equilibrium. Gore's not a villain or arc/Final Boss with a kind of Deck like that, either, meaning he's also got to lose. It might get hard writing such a Duel over and over without making one or both players look better or worse than they necessarily should: for example, making Gore appear not to play to the best of his abilities or requiring a reasoning woven in for it, or making his opponents appear better than Gore then is reasonable for them to be.

    Switching his Deck allows for more reasonable control of his Duels, where most of his core cards would otherwise dictate Boss-level sustainability even in more "mundane" Duels. It'll allow the writers to keep things to their pace and not the cards'. Also, it could possibly lead to a scenario where he goes back to Gouki in time for facing someone who's worthy of a Duel using such a Deck. (I personally think this will happen.)

    The second reason is as follows. I'm not sure how close or if you follow news of competitive trends. I only do peripherally, myself. One thing in the OCG, and the TCG now, too, is that Main Deck Goukis, specifically the first 3 released along with Octostretch and sometimes Headbatt, have become an insatiable engine for Summoning out the Knightmare Link Monsters and locking and Extra-Linking the opponent out of the game, even/often on the first turn. In those Knightmare Decks, Gouki's Links are ignored, and those small handful of Main Decks alonside Gouki Re-match's ability to field 2 Goukis have transformed the Deck in the minds of many people. This Knightmare Deck has become prevalent in the OCG.

    The Deck switch for Gore from Goukis to Dinowrestlers was also likely a pragmatic one done to not have to become obligated to release more Gouki support on a regular basis, let alone to be obligated to design Gouki support around that engine. If you noticed, the Cybernetic Horizon Goukis all support the Gouki Deck as a whole, but not the Gouki Engine that Knightmare Decks use: Moonsault recovers Goukis only by also recovering Gouki Links; Tag Team only really works in a Deck that's aiming to use Gouki Links; Trainer resurrects Gouki Links; Shadow Ogre and The Giant Ogre are similarly tied to the Deck's Gouki Link aspect. They'd have to consistently design support like this, where it'd work towards bettering the Deck and not benefiting the engine. Having to design around the Deck like that is likely a hassle, and tends to leads to super-balanced cards that aren't as strong as they could be (their last support lucked out in avoiding that, to be honest, because they still "float" but in different ways that don't benefit the engine but instead reward playing the Deck as generally intended).

    Going from that, it also allows them to prevent another Dennis MacField situation, where some of his earliest cards became part of such an oppressive force in the real life game that they pretty much non-personed Performages. Dennis becomes a walking ghost who may or may not have changed how things ending up going the show (Pendulums seemingly being downplayed with becoming widespread and ubiquitous), and who uses a bunch of new cards that get entirely ignored in the real life game. By switching Gore's Deck, they can continue to make use of a cool character in the show while also not feel the need to ostracize him in his real-life representation.

    In a worse case scenario where they end up limiting or banning pieces of the Gouki Deck (which might be an inevitable scenario), that then becomes okay because Gore has Dinowrestlers they can fall back and double down on, since Dinowrestlers are part of a Type that isn't ubiquitously supported and since they are also a clean slate the card designers can be more careful with designing and cultivating (read: making them less splashable outside a Dinowrestler-focused Deck). In the best case scenario (which could still happen if they end up banning Gouki pieces), Gore can switch back to Goukis late in the series and they can release "nostalgia support" for the Deck during that time.

    That's a lot, but I wanted to lay down the reasons (speculation or otherwise) for the Deck switch.

  10. #10
    Registered User KingKaash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm sure he will in time, perhaps some point in the 3rd year. In the meantime, Dinowrestlers will be fleshed out like Goukis were over time. As mentioned, they already have play aesthetic to them. I'm looking forward to how they'll expand and evolve it. For now, I like them well enough, better than I did when they first debuted in the Anime (we got a new member and buffs for the used ones, which helped a lot). I can also get a better sense of their aesthetic now, too.


    The reasons for the switch in Decks likely have a few different roots, some of it more speculation. In-universe, it signifies his switch in character and goals, right along with his new look and new "occupation". It's actually fitting there, and Blue Girl not doing similar is kind of surprising by comparison.

    Out of universe, the reasoning can be speculated two-fold.

    First is how it is likely difficult to write Goukis in a Duel. Their ability to search and replace themselves the way they do means that Gore should always have cards over his opponent, even in cases of setbacks. This can make writing for Goukis potentially difficult because of needing to write around the reality that Gore with Goukis should nearly always have an advantage but the Duel still needs to have some kind of tension and equilibrium. Gore's not a villain or arc/Final Boss with a kind of Deck like that, either, meaning he's also got to lose. It might get hard writing such a Duel over and over without making one or both players look better or worse than they necessarily should: for example, making Gore appear not to play to the best of his abilities or requiring a reasoning woven in for it, or making his opponents appear better than Gore then is reasonable for them to be.

    Switching his Deck allows for more reasonable control of his Duels, where most of his core cards would otherwise dictate Boss-level sustainability even in more "mundane" Duels. It'll allow the writers to keep things to their pace and not the cards'. Also, it could possibly lead to a scenario where he goes back to Gouki in time for facing someone who's worthy of a Duel using such a Deck. (I personally think this will happen.)

    The second reason is as follows. I'm not sure how close or if you follow news of competitive trends. I only do peripherally, myself. One thing in the OCG, and the TCG now, too, is that Main Deck Goukis, specifically the first 3 released along with Octostretch and sometimes Headbatt, have become an insatiable engine for Summoning out the Knightmare Link Monsters and locking and Extra-Linking the opponent out of the game, even/often on the first turn. In those Knightmare Decks, Gouki's Links are ignored, and those small handful of Main Decks alonside Gouki Re-match's ability to field 2 Goukis have transformed the Deck in the minds of many people. This Knightmare Deck has become prevalent in the OCG.

    The Deck switch for Gore from Goukis to Dinowrestlers was also likely a pragmatic one done to not have to become obligated to release more Gouki support on a regular basis, let alone to be obligated to design Gouki support around that engine. If you noticed, the Cybernetic Horizon Goukis all support the Gouki Deck as a whole, but not the Gouki Engine that Knightmare Decks use: Moonsault recovers Goukis only by also recovering Gouki Links; Tag Team only really works in a Deck that's aiming to use Gouki Links; Trainer resurrects Gouki Links; Shadow Ogre and The Giant Ogre are similarly tied to the Deck's Gouki Link aspect. They'd have to consistently design support like this, where it'd work towards bettering the Deck and not benefiting the engine. Having to design around the Deck like that is likely a hassle, and tends to leads to super-balanced cards that aren't as strong as they could be (their last support lucked out in avoiding that, to be honest, because they still "float" but in different ways that don't benefit the engine but instead reward playing the Deck as generally intended).

    Going from that, it also allows them to prevent another Dennis MacField situation, where some of his earliest cards became part of such an oppressive force in the real life game that they pretty much non-personed Performages. Dennis becomes a walking ghost who may or may not have changed how things ending up going the show (Pendulums seemingly being downplayed with becoming widespread and ubiquitous), and who uses a bunch of new cards that get entirely ignored in the real life game. By switching Gore's Deck, they can continue to make use of a cool character in the show while also not feel the need to ostracize him in his real-life representation.

    In a worse case scenario where they end up limiting or banning pieces of the Gouki Deck (which might be an inevitable scenario), that then becomes okay because Gore has Dinowrestlers they can fall back and double down on, since Dinowrestlers are part of a Type that isn't ubiquitously supported and since they are also a clean slate the card designers can be more careful with designing and cultivating (read: making them less splashable outside a Dinowrestler-focused Deck). In the best case scenario (which could still happen if they end up banning Gouki pieces), Gore can switch back to Goukis late in the series and they can release "nostalgia support" for the Deck during that time.

    That's a lot, but I wanted to lay down the reasons (speculation or otherwise) for the Deck switch.
    I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense. Wow good analysis
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •