User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOFU] Thunder Dragon Theme Cards

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TD + TD Origin is also a good combo.

It gives you Superbolt TD on the field, TD + TD Origin in GY, and TD + TD Origin in hand (enough to repeat the combo next turn).
    Or, you can Summon TD Lord and keep Origin in your hand for chainable destruction.

Of course, in this combo, you can replace TD with TD Bolt.
    Last edited by Link-0; 30th June 2018 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have been using this deck and it is seriously ridiculous, this really is top tier level stuff. Constant floating and hand advantage. Consistant ways to bring out big monsters turn after turn, while utilizing effects that hinder the opponents moves. Not saying it will be meta, but it has the tools to be competitive. I am just hoping this deck doesn't top in the ocg or else that would mean outrageous rarity bumps in the tcg.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    So I have been using this deck and it is seriously ridiculous, this really is top tier level stuff. Constant floating and hand advantage. Consistant ways to bring out big monsters turn after turn, while utilizing effects that hinder the opponents moves. Not saying it will be meta, but it has the tools to be competitive. I am just hoping this deck doesn't top in the ocg or else that would mean outrageous rarity bumps in the tcg.
    That's not how rairities are allocated for TCG Core Boosters (that happens before they're even out in the OCG). I agree that this has some serious upset potential (in both meanings of the words). It's splashable enough that it could possibly blend in with other Decks, too.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 1st July 2018 at 07:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooo, Forced Requisition will work well to a degree? I guess?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tested the deck yet, but a friend of mine did and we dueled. I was using Vampires and he Thunder Dragon.

First duel, I go first. Good hand, he can't do anything to Domination + Kingdom pop + Freulein, he eventually scoops.
    Second duel, he goes first. Doesn't draw Gold Sarc nor Origin and cannot set up a good board to stop me from playing the deck.

New match, I go first again. Domination + Freulein is a good start. He special summons the small fusion and then the big one, tries to pop something but I negate it with Domination, he protects it and then pop again. On my turn, I kaiju it and go for the win almost unstopped.
    Second duel, he manages to summon the second fusion and that is too good for my vampires. He easily stops my plays and outsources me.
    Third duel, we do a grind game, which both our decks are great at. I side Zombie World to prevent him from summoning his fusions, but he draws his Skill Drain. He then manages to pop ZW with the trap and summons the big fusion, which I destroy with Sunsaga. On his turn, he pops his own Skill Drain, summons another big fusion and wins.

Granted, he's not that great at deck building (we mostly play casually and he usually netdecks a list before adding his tech choices or removing stuff he doesn't like) and he was playing the deck for the first time vs me who am experienced with Vampires. He ignored some of my advices, too, because he wanted to play the deck pure (for example he didn't play Batteryman Solar nor Instant Fusion+Kaminari, which is great in here I think), but what I found out by playing with him is:
    - The deck lacks both normal summons AND spam capacity. Origin is the only normal summonable monster, Bird only summon from the GY or banished zone, and Beast only when Banished, which the archetype is not great at (you basically do it with Gold Sarc and Allure). If you play the deck, Solar Batteryman and Instant Fusion are, in my opinion, a must-have.
    - The second fusion monster is almost Master Peace. Pops multiple times per turn, protects itself, runs over almost all monters in the game. Kaiju is the way to go. If you don't have one, it's barely impossible to run over it.

I'll do a first-hand test before saying if they're actually meta-defining or a fun bunch. I want to try them with some more cards (mostly Solar Battery and Kaminari Attack). For now though, I like to consider them rogue tier, with the tools to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by JTSW View Post
    Sooo, Forced Requisition will work well to a degree? I guess?
    Wow, never saw that card. It could really break it. I just have a ruling dilemma: the discard effect must be the last thing to happen in order to activate that card, doesn't it?
    Last edited by BBDD; 1st July 2018 at 11:31 AM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forced Requisition will work with the TDs if it is already active. But it's activation condition misses the timing with TDs because their discards are always activation costs.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throwing something waaay out there, but based on the chosen new Ritual theme for CYHO(Ruin/Demise) and the chosen Fusion theme for SOFU(Thunder Dragon), does anybody else think Plaguespreader Zombie tuner/Level 6 Zombie Synchro theme would make a lot of sense as the new theme for SAST?
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 6th July 2018 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Throwing something waaay out there, but based on the chosen new Ritual theme for CYHO(Ruin/Demise) and the chosen Fusion theme for SOFU(Thunder Dragon), does anybody else think Plaguespreader Zombie tuner/Level 6 Zombie Synchro theme would make a lot of sense as the new theme for SAST?
    I could see that, yeah. They could turn it into a full-on Archetype Deck, and it'd be pretty cool. There could even be some synergy with some of the Vampires and Vendreads.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I could see that, yeah. They could turn it into a full-on Archetype Deck, and it'd be pretty cool. There could even be some synergy with some of the Vampires and Vendreads.
    And the Zombie SDR that comes out the month before SAST.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    And the Zombie SDR that comes out the month before SAST.
    Yeah, that slipped my mind. It'd be perfect little crosspromotion, since the Extra Pack with the Vendreads should be out around that time, also.