Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOFU] Thunder Dragon Theme Cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SOFU] Thunder Dragon Theme Cards

5 new Thunder Dragon support cards!

Raigenryuu Thunder Dragon (Thunder Dragon Origin)
    Level 1 LIGHT Thunder Effect Monster
    ATK 0
    DEF 2000
    You can only activate either this card name’s (1) or (2) effect per turn, and only once that turn.
    (1): You can discard this card to target 1 Thunder monster you control (Quick Effect); that monster gains 500 ATK.
    (2): If this card is banished, or sent from the field to the GY: You can add 1 “Thunder Dragon Origin” from your Deck to your hand.

Raidenryuu Thunder Dragon (Thunder Dragon Bolt)
    Level 5 DARK Thunder Effect Monster
    ATK 1600
    DEF 1500
    You can only activate either this card name’s (1) or (2) effect per turn, and only once that turn.
    (1): You can discard this card (Quick Effect); add 1 “Thunder Dragon Bolt” from your Deck to your hand.
    (2): If this card is banished, or sent from the field to the GY: You can add 1 “Thunder Dragon” card from your Deck to your hand, except “Thunder Dragon Bolt”.

Raichouryuu Thunder Dragon (Thunder Dragon Bird)
    Level 6 LIGHT Thunder Effect Monster
    ATK 1800
    DEF 2200
    (1): You can discard this card (Quick Effect); Special Summon 1 “Thunder Dragon” monster from your GY or from among your banished monsters, except “Thunder Dragon Bird”.
    (2): If this card is banished, or sent from the field to the GY: You can return any number of cards in your hand to the Deck, then draw that many cards.

Raijuuryuu Thunder Dragon (Thunder Dragon Beast)
    Level 6 DARK Thunder Effect Monster
    ATK 2400
    DEF 0
    (1): You can discard this card (Quick Effect); add 1 “Thunder Dragon” card from your GY or from among your banished cards to your hand, except “Thunder Dragon Beast”.
    (2): If this card is banished, or sent from the field to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 “Thunder Dragon” monster from your Deck, also return that monster to its owner’s hand at the End Phase.

Raigouryuu – Thunder Dragon (Thunder Dragon Wrath)
    Level 8 DARK Thunder Special Summon Effect Monster
    ATK 2800
    DEF 0
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from the hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT monster and 1 DARK monster from your GY.
    (1): Once per turn, if a monster’s effect activates in the hand: This card gains 300 ATK until the end of the turn.
    (2): When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can banish 1 card from your GY; add 1 Thunder monster from your Deck to your hand.
    (3): During your opponent’s End Phase: You can target 1 of your banished cards; place that card on either the top or bottom of your Deck.

https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&&id=322

Reminding you of the two Fusions, and the three Support Cards

SOFU-JP036 Chourairyuu – Thunder Dragon (Superbolt Thunder Dragon)
    Level 8 DARK Thunder Fusion Effect Monster
    ATK 2600
    DEF 2400
    Materials: “Thunder Dragon” + 1 Thunder monster
    Must either be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by Tributing 1 non-Fusion Thunder Effect Monster during a turn that a Thunder monster’s effect was activated in the hand (in which case you do not use “Polymerization”).
    (1) Your opponent cannot add cards from their Deck to their hand, except by drawing them.
    (2) If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish 1 Thunder monster from your GY instead.

SOFU-JP037 雷神龍-サンダー・ドラゴン Raijinryuu – Thunder Dragon (Thunder Dragon Lord)
    Level 10 LIGHT Thunder Fusion Effect Monster
    ATK 3200
    DEF 3200
    Fusion Materials: 3 “Thunder Dragon” monsters
    Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by banishing 2 Thunder monsters (1 from your hand, and 1 Fusion Monster from your field) not named “Thunder Dragon Lord” (in which case you do not use “Polymerization”).
    (1) When a Thunder monster effect activates in the hand (even during the Damage Step) (Quick Effect): You can destroy 1 card on the field.
    (2) If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish 2 cards from your GY instead.

SOFU-JP060 Thunder Dragon Fusion
    Normal Spell Card
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) Fusion Summon 1 Thunder Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by shuffling monsters you control, have in your GY, or you have that are banished into the Deck as Fusion Materials.
    (2) During your Main Phase, except during the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY; add 1 Thunder monster from your Deck to your hand.

SOFU-JP072 Hyakurai no Thunder Dragon (The Hundred Thunder Dragons)
    Normal Trap Card
    You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
    (1) Target 1 Thunder monster in your GY; Special Summon it, then, you can Special Summon as many monsters with the same name from your GY as possible. If a monster Special Summoned by this effect would leave the field, banish it instead. If a monster Special Summoned by this effect is in your Monster Zone, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except Thunder monsters.

SOFU-JP073 Thunder Dragon Stream
    Continuous Trap Card
    (1) The activation of your Thunder monster effects cannot be negated.
    (2) Once per turn, if a “Thunder Dragon” monster is Normal/Special Summoned to your field; you can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish 1 Thunder monster from your Deck, and if you do, destroy that target.

https://i1.wp.com/ygorganization.com...66%2C391&ssl=1
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 28th June 2018 at 05:25 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Thunder Counter usage...

Anyway this looks interesting for Thunder decks.

Kind of sad no artworks feature the original Twin-Headed. Or at least the anime edit of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, these cards are busted!
    The entire deck floats, and gives you access to a free, self-protecting, 2400 ATK, one-sided Mistaken on legs, which basically shuts almost all meta decks down (Sky Striker Engage, Altergeist's Personal Spoofing, Trickstar Lightstage and the yellow gal).
    The Shenron look-alike fusion gives you free pops for each discard effect, which is broken considering that all the deck does it.

I'd actually be surprised if this deck won't become a meta contender.
    Last edited by BBDD; 28th June 2018 at 07:57 AM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is something.

I like them at first glance, but I'll need a bit to really wrap my head around them.

I'm hoping they get a Field Spell, too. It feels like they should have one (and Ruin & Demise got one).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This is something.

I like them at first glance, but I'll need a bit to really wrap my head around them.

I'm hoping they get a Field Spell, too. It feels like they should have one (and Ruin & Demise got one).
    Thunder Dragons already got 10 cards in this set. Ruin/Demise got 8(10 if you count the Devirituals). This is likely it for TD support.

I hope the space after Thunder Dragon Lord is a Gem-Knight Lady or a Worm Zero retrain. But then we got Dragunity Synchros last time so it could just as easily be an Xyz monster.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 28th June 2018 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Thunder Dragons already got 10 cards in this set. Ruin/Demise got 8(10 if you count the Devirituals). This is likely it for TD support.

I hope the space after Thunder Dragon Lord is a Gem-Knight Lady or a Worm Zero retrain. But then we got Dragunity Synchros last time so it could just as easily be an Xyz monster.
    I mentioned Field Spell because it'd just feels like they're missing one.

The space between Lord Thunder Dragon and Clock Spartoi is, I would say, likely to be a game original Cyberse Fusion that works to bolster the number of Cyberse-Type Fusions for Cynet Fusion, similar to Paladin of Storm Dragons for Cynet Ritual last Set.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konami already posted their recommended Thunder Dragon deck, so I agree with Scion we've already seen all the Thunder Dragon cards Soul Fusion has to offer.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Konami already posted their recommended Thunder Dragon deck, so I agree with Scion we've already seen all the Thunder Dragon cards Soul Fusion has to offer.
    When they did the same for Ruin & Demise, did it include the Quick-Play that Summoned the Ritual from the Deck? We didn't learn of that card until the Set leaked.

Otherwise, fair enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading them again, I gotta say they're not that great as I thought.
    Most of them (well, all of them except for Origin) are lv5+, and Beast only adds from GY or banished zone, not from the deck (a misread from my part, it happens when reading multiple cards at once with similar effects from each other).
    They're a fun bunch, but not game breaking.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not linear how the original Thunder Dragon (TD) interacts with the new cards.
    But there are some neat comboes thanks to not being limited to once per turn.

If you start with: TD + TD Fusion you get Superbolt TD on field + 2 TD on GY + 1 TD in hand.

That's already a good start, blocking searches and avoiding destruction twice.
    But from there you can banish Superbolt TD and the TD in your hand to summon TD Lord, which can still avoid effect destruction once.

And next turn you are set up to search any Thunder from your deck banishing TD Fusion.

Add a 3rd TD card to the starting combo and the fun starts.
    Last edited by Link-0; 30th June 2018 at 02:08 PM.