User Tag List

Thread: [SOFU] New Cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SOFU] New Cards

Three new cards from the commercial and a card from the official Twitter. Effects will be updated as it becomes possible.

SOFU-JP028 失楽の魔女 Shirraku no Majyou (OCG: Witch of Paradise Lost/TCG: Condemned Witch)
    Level 4 DARK Fairy Effect Monster
    ATK 100
    DEF 2000
    You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn
    (1) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 “Forbidden” Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, except “Forbidden Graveyard”.
    (2) During your opponent’s Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 Fairy monster from your Deck, except “Condemned Witch”.

Source

https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_OCG_INFO/...48540951572480

The texts of these cards, due to legibility, are to be considered unconfirmed. Trust them at your own risk.

永遠なる銀河(エターナル・ギャラクシー) Eternal Galaxy
    Normal Trap Card
    You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
    (1) If you control a “Photon” or “Galaxy” monster: Target 1 Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 “Photon” or “Galaxy” Xyz Monster that is 4 Ranks higher than that monster you control, by using it as the Xyz Material (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.)

おろかな重葬 Orokana Jyuusou (Foolish Mass Burial)
    Normal Spell Card
    You can only activate one card with this card’s name per turn, and during the turn this card is activated, you cannot Set Spell or Trap Cards.
    (1) Pay half your LP; send 1 monster from your Extra Deck to the GY.

幻妖フルドラGen’you Fuldra (Mystic Huldra)
    Level 5 DARK Spellcaster Effect Monster
    ATK 1500
    DEF 2400
    You can only use the effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 card; Apply one of the following effects depending on the type of the card that was discarded:
    • Monster: Add 1 Trap Card from your GY to your hand.
    • Spell: Add 1 Monster Card from your GY to your hand. •
    Trap: Add 1 Spell Card from your GY to your hand.

https://ygorganization.com/justwheny...ntgetanyworse/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't Photon Galaxy very much, so I wonder how much they have for their Rank-Up-Trap.

Also "Foolish Mass Burial" is a name so misleading I'm surprise Ark didn't notice the mistranslation as soon as he read the effect. I'll see if I can get this card's name changed to Foolish Chief Burial on Yugipedia later.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I don't Photon Galaxy very much, so I wonder how much they have for their Rank-Up-Trap.

Also "Foolish Mass Burial" is a name so misleading I'm surprise Ark didn't notice the mistranslation as soon as he read the effect. I'll see if I can get this card's name changed to Foolish Chief Burial on Yugipedia later.
    It's actually surprisingly versatile. While you'll usually go into their massive pool of Rank 8 monsters, it can actually Rank-Up *any* Xyz; you only need a Photon/Galaxy monster to activate it.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They made the Foolish Burial card worse than Gale Dogra, and that card was already bad. Pay half your Life and cannot Set just for that? Should have been just like the original Foolish Burial (the addition of a "once per turn" clause is not bad), because sending a monster from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard is not more powerful than sending it from the Main Deck, it's even weaker, because Extra Deck monsters can't be Special Summoned when they are sent directly to the Graveyard, while most Main Deck monsters can.

PS: The access to this forum from the YGOrganization main page is now missing for me, does it happen to anyone else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    They made the Foolish Burial card worse than Gale Dogra, and that card was already bad. Pay half your Life and cannot Set just for that? Should have been just like the original Foolish Burial (the addition of a "once per turn" clause is not bad), because sending a monster from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard is not more powerful than sending it from the Main Deck, it's even weaker, because Extra Deck monsters can't be Special Summoned when they are sent directly to the Graveyard, while most Main Deck monsters can.
    I wouldn't say this card is bad its more a latter of preference. Simply because by it being a spell it doesn't eat up your normal summon which is vital for some decks. A good example where this card can shine over Gale Dogra is in a Mermail/Atlanteans build that uses Genex Undine.

A typical play consist of normal summoning Genex Undine activating its effect> sending Atlantean Dragoons as the cost from your deck > if not negated, resolve the search to grab Genex Controller. After that resolves a new chain link is performed with Atlantean Dragoons activating, if not negated, one would usually search Mermail Abyssmegalo.

Then if you have Foolish Mass Burial in your hand, you can activate it, if not negated, send a Toadally Awesome from your extra deck to the grave. Now its effect triggers in a new chain, and now you're able to target any water monster which is the Dragoons that's already in grave.

It also make the Exa-Beetle+Shooting Quasar Dragon combo much easier to be performed by any deck has access to R6NK plays.

PS: The access to this forum from the YGOrganization main page is now missing for me, does it happen to anyone else?
    Yes, its the same for me as well. I already contacted @Dan through Discord about the issue but no reply as of yet. Feel free to contact him or other staff as well to resolve issue.
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 4th July 2018 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post

It's been resolved. The Forums link is now between Newsletter and About Us on the Main Page. As for the new Foolish Burial, sending a monster from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard does have it's uses, mostly for activating Graveyard Effects and Graveyard Fusion (Example: Send Flame Wingman to the Graveyard, then use Miracle Fusion to Summon Shining Flare Wingman), but the LP coast and inability to Set is excessive. My guess is we're going to get a Miracle Link Fusion card later.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The deck may seem forgotten but Heraldic Beasts combo advantageously from Foolish Mass Burial by simply dumping Number 18: Heraldry Patriarch. Once Patriarch hits the grave you are able to dump 2 Heraldic Beasts from your deck for their GY effects and Advanced Heraldry Art/Heraldry Reborn plays.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Spell also allows a lot of the more esoteric combos to be played more easily. Cyberdarks sending stuff from the Extra Deck to the GY has a lot of cool niche properties for them, so this card should function similar for other Decks. The LP cost and not S/T setting condition, while seemingly excess, is actually warranted. It's a dangerous floodgate, being able to do so easily, and it's likely these measures are in-place with that in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Condemned Witch is pretty cool. Sorry to see the state she's in, but happy the Forbidden series of Quick-Plays have a searcher now. Her 2nd effect, while implicitly intended to be pair with Condemned Maiden, has some surprising uses. Search out one of those Counter Faries, or Darklord Reficule, or even Aurora Paragon.