User Tag List

Thread: [SOFU] Gravekeeper’s Esper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SOFU] Gravekeeper’s Esper

The new Fusion Boss monster for Gravekeeper’s has finally revealed its true identity!

SOFU-JP035 墓守の異能者 Hakamori no Inousha (Gravekeeper’s Esper)
    Level 7 DARK Spellcaster Fusion Effect Monster
    ATK 2000
    DEF 2000
    Materials: 2 “Gravekeeper’s” monsters
    You can only use the 3rd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) This card gains 100 ATK and DEF by the total original Levels of its Fusion materials x 100.
    (2) If “Necrovalley” is on the field, this card and cards in your Field Zone cannot be destroyed by card effects.
    (3) During your Main Phase, you can activate this effect: During the End Phase of this turn, add 1 “Gravekeeper’s” monster or 1 “Necrovalley” card from your Deck to your hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-j8Ak5wVMU

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That first effect can give it up to 1400 extra ATK/DEF. Am I reading that right?

That 3rd effect. Delayed effects are weird. Every time I see one I just think of the move Future Sight from Pokemon games.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the first Extra Deck Gravekeeper, right? It makes me happy that a classic theme gets the classic Extra deck type: Fusion.

It looks like an upgraded form of Gravekeeper's Heretic, and with the same omnious aura and complete absence of hieroglyphs. His staff is upgraded. Most of his old clothing has been torn appart, but he got new cloth for the lower half.

I can't find any clear reference to another fusionee, so it doesn't seem to be a literal fusion lore-wise. (I was hoping that it was, because it would be a fitting "heresy".)

The org's url reads "ygorganization.com/theresnogoodnameforthiscardithink" so I guess "Esper" is a just a placeholder translation. The japanese name is almost identical to Heretic, with only one character change.

It's also the first level 7 in the family, and it has the highest original ATK among the Gravekeepers, tied with Visionary and Oracle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    That first effect can give it up to 1400 extra ATK/DEF. Am I reading that right?
    If you fuse 2 Oracles (level 10) it can get +2000 ATK/DEF.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    The org's url reads "ygorganization.com/theresnogoodnameforthiscardithink" so I guess "Esper" is a just a placeholder translation. The japanese name is almost identical to Heretic, with only one character change.
    Inousha is someone who uses supernatural powers, so I don't think "Esper" is as terrible as the url suggests.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I've just realised that the ATK boost effect is almost identical to Oracle's first optional effect. So, perhaps Heretic has fused with Oracle or assimilated part of his power? Or maybe he has gathered a matching power to defeat him?

If Oracle is an older version Descendant and successor to Visionary's cathedra, and Heretic/Esper is probably aiming to overthrow or defeat him (possibly for revenge, as it seems to be inspired by Bandit King Bakura).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Inousha is someone who uses supernatural powers, so I don't think "Esper" is as terrible as the url suggests.
    Makes sense. It also adds for my conjectured rivality with Oracle. While Oracle channels the Egyptian God's powers, Esper uses heretic powers to defeat the gods.

Ok, I know, I'm reading too much into it already.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot Oracle was level 10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post

That 3rd effect. Delayed effects are weird. Every time I see one I just think of the move Future Sight from Pokemon games.
    Up to 2000, if you use 2 Gravekeeper's Oracles. EDIT: What @Link-0 said.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 8th July 2018 at 03:06 AM.