User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [CYHO] The New “Noble Knight”s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[CYHO] The New “Noble Knight”s

This time with actual effects and stats.

Noble Knight Custennin
    Level 4 LIGHT Warrior Effect Monster
    ATK 1000
    DEF 2000
    If you control a “Noble Arms” Equip Spell, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon “Noble Knight Custennin” once per turn this way. A “Noble Knight” monster that was Synchro, Xyz or Link Summoned using this card on the field as material gains this effect.
    ●If this card is Special Summoned: You can Normal Summon 1 “Noble Knight” monster during your Main Phase this turn, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set (you can only gain this effect once per turn), also, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except “Noble Knight” monsters.

Sacred Noble Knight of King Custennin
    Rank 4 LIGHT Warrior Xyz Effect Monster
    ATK 1500
    DEF 2500
    2+ Level 4 “Noble Knight” monsters
    You can detach any number of materials from this card, then target that many cards your opponent controls; return them to the hand. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 “Noble Knight” Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, except “Sacred Noble Knight of King Custennin”, and if you do, attach this card from the GY to that monster as material. (This is treated as an Xyz Summon.) You can only use each effect of “Sacred Noble Knight of King Custennin” once per turn.

Noble Knight Pellinore
    Level 4 LIGHT Warrior Effect Monster
    ATK 1900
    DEF 500
    You can target 1 “Noble Arms” Equip Spell equipped to this card and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy them, then draw 1 card, also, this card cannot attack for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of “Noble Knight Pellinore” once per turn.

Noble Arms – Clarent
    Equip Spell Card
    Equip only to a Warrior monster. You can only control 1 “Noble Arms – Clarent”. Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP; the equipped monster can attack directly this turn. If this face-up card on the field is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can target 1 “Noble Knight” Warrior monster you control; equip this card to that target. You can only use this effect of “Noble Arms – Clarent” once per turn.

Source
    https://ygorganization.com/itsonlyamodel/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the Maimed King, eternal seeker of the Questing Beast, father of Peredur and great uncle of Gwalchavad gets a card.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Danger! and now these.
    TCG remembers how to create good cards, it seems. After Flames of Destruction, I lost hope. Now I can dream again.
    Make TCG great again, Konami.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All 3 monster seems very good to me. Custennin allows you to swarm the field, pellinore is an epic +2 cards advantage and sacred is a nice non destroying removal, although I expected him to work with noble arms instead of materials (bounce up to the number of noble arms).

The new noble arm... Well, is good to run 1 tho but I find it very lackluster (non atk boost nor protection, but well, it doesn't have any other cons beside the lp cost). Also a question about this one, if you activate its effect on medraut by example, break it with medraut and equip to a new one, can medraut still attack directly? It says the equipped monster but i don't know if it have "memory" (Although i dont think so as destiny is reset if broken)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should make a note that: Pellinore is either the Fisher King OR directly related the him. Accounts are unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    The new noble arm... Well, is good to run 1 tho but I find it very lackluster (non atk boost nor protection, but well, it doesn't have any other cons beside the lp cost).
    The Alliterative Morte Arthure, a Middle English poem, mentions Clarent, a sword of peace meant for knighting and ceremonies as opposed to battle, which Mordred stole and then used to kill Arthur.
    During the Battle of Camlann, Arthur impales Mordred with Rhongomyniad, his spear(6 feet of spear clean through to the other side), and with his last breath, Mordred uses Clarent to stab Arthur directly in the head before dying. Clarent didn't just strike Arthur in the head. Mordred hit so hard it pierced Arthur's helmet and his skull and stabbed directly into his brain. That's why this card grants a direct attack, though at a considerably lesser cost than what it took Mordred to get close enough to accomplish that kind of fatality.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 11th July 2018 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like them. There all pretty good.

Pellinore and Clarent are both solid one-ofs. The latter can steal games, and the former makes for a nice proactive destruction that lets you reap a Draw. Pellinore works nicely on a field alongside Drystan, especially backed by a Glory of the Noble Knights. The Xyz is also nice, one or two based on preference, and can clear up a lot of cards at once. Main Custennin is versatile enough to work as a play starter or play extender. How many to use will depend on what you value more from him. His effect implies no Fusions, though, which is too bad.

All around, a solid batch of support. Shame that those who wanted broken stuff that would make the Deck unrecognizable are complaining insessantly again. Definitely looking forward to what Soul Fusion has to bring to the Deck, but not so much to the potential whining.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    All around, a solid batch of support. Shame that those who wanted broken stuff that would make the Deck unrecognizable are complaining insessantly again. Definitely looking forward to what Soul Fusion has to bring to the Deck, but not so much to the potential whining.
    This batch improved the consistency, spam capability and disruption potential of the deck. The equip is lackster, but it's the only "meh" card and three other great cards come with it. This is to say, I don't think anyone should complain about these cards.

BUT, what many NK players are asking since the release is some sort of interaction with the opponent during their turn. That's the main problem the deck has, and I hope it'll be addressed in the next set. As for now, though, I'm very happy with what we got.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    This batch improved the consistency, spam capability and disruption potential of the deck. The equip is lackster, but it's the only "meh" card and three other great cards come with it. This is to say, I don't think anyone should complain about these cards.

BUT, what many NK players are asking since the release is some sort of interaction with the opponent during their turn. That's the main problem the deck has, and I hope it'll be addressed in the next set. As for now, though, I'm very happy with what we got.
    Glory and Drystan provides a bit if you play to that field (which it is better to do than rely solely on "Summon King and sit on it"), but they might get more control aspects next Booster. Drystan, Pellinore, and Glory work quite well together, actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I kinda like the lack of disruption of the deck, it fits very well its theme, they are noble warriors that want to measure strength with other foes without suckerpunchs, so they just sit there with multiple equips like "this is what I got, lets see if you can surpass me".

Now returning to the real world, I think that generic disruption is already very strong (Solemn cards, handtraps...), and the main deck is already pretty tight. I have yet to build them again with the new supp, but the last time I build them (when isolde came out) I had barely space for a few handtraps and solemns cards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    To be honest, I kinda like the lack of disruption of the deck, it fits very well its theme, they are noble warriors that want to measure strength with other foes without suckerpunchs, so they just sit there with multiple equips like "this is what I got, lets see if you can surpass me".

Now returning to the real world, I think that generic disruption is already very strong (Solemn cards, handtraps...), and the main deck is already pretty tight. I have yet to build them again with the new supp, but the last time I build them (when isolde came out) I had barely space for a few handtraps and solemns cards.
    I can agree that it fits their aesthetic not to have overt, reactive disruption effects.

As they are now, Isolde kind of encourages going over 40 cards in Noble Knights. 50 and even 60-card version that rely on Isolde are an in-vogue way to play the Deck.