User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters with wasted potential

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't going to mention that because everyone hates Crow and I figured I need not point it out. Honestly I think he was a decent character; I just hate how the writers decided to give him so much useless screentime that would have been better allotted to other characters. Spotlight stealer, absolutely, but not a bad character.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like Crow, but they really put him everywhere they could, he basically had no choice but to become an inside joke together with BuyBlackwings.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexis, Blair and Miswa were such wasted potential. At least Alexis ended on a decent note, achieving her goal of becoming a professor. Blair always felt like she should have been more, the way they set her up. Also, I wanted to see more of this curious Mystic Baby archetype. Talk about wasted potential, Miswa NEVER got around to playing that Fire Dragon you see in the show's opening. What a ripoff! At least he got a cool Yokai deck in the manga.

Aki and Ruka were definitely begging for better development. But what was really wasted was Carly. She had such an amazing arc in season 1 and then I waited literally the entire rest of the series for her to be relevant and even duel again. One of my biggest disappointment of 5Ds. There's also old man Yanagi. That guy was pretty fun early in the first season and I had hoped he would be a regular recurring character but he just sort of faded of the face of the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say the biggest disappointment for me was Sly in the 2nd half of 5D's.

they built the kid up as being willing to do anything to steal Yusei's Stardust dragon.

And then he never does anything again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say the biggest disappointment for me was Sly in the 2nd half of 5D's.

they built the kid up as being willing to do anything to steal Yusei's Stardust dragon.

And then he never does anything again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mai Kujaku in season 5, Grand Championship. That season could have redeemed her. She only tried in season 4, but tried.
    Bakura, and obviously, his affection for board games.
    Anzu and Honda. Honda should beat more guys up.

Misawa got really handled bad. He's my favorite GX character. He's much better than Manjoume.
    Asuka, obviously. The same goes for Aki.
    Kaiser, especially since he's a better rival than Manjoume will ever be. He's screentime was kind of weird. Especially in season 4.
    Edo, who was the main rival in season 2, but is rarely there in season 3 onwards. Edo might be an even better rival than Kaiser would ever be.
    Jim "disappeared" in season 4.
    Yubel in season 4. She doesn't show up that often.

Luca. I don't even know how her deck properly works. It's not even an archetype. Most of her duels were with her brother, who wasn't a Signer until the end of 5D's, but got more screentime and cards than her. That doesn't make even sense.
    Mukuro Enjo. This guy was funny and a cool D-Wheeler. He should have stick more often.
    All of the Dark Signers that weren't the Goodwin brothers. Kiryu got plenty of screentime, but then he was just left in Satisfaction Town. Carly got demoted to complete fangirl, Bommer showed up on a few occasions, Misty "disappeared", no mentioning of Demak, who has no backstory whatsoever.
    Sherry. She was cool, but then she fell from the ship.

Anna and Rio, for being the coolest girls in that series.
    V. He even has only one Number, despite being the oldest brother.
    Gauche and Droite.
    Fuya, a.k.a. Robin. He was a cool boy.

Masumi, Hokuto and Yaiba. They simply got forgotten, and one of them was wasted by one of our two heroines. Come on, ARC-V recycled Sawatari.
    Mieru. The only Ritual Duelist. And the only Flip Summon Duelist in that series.
    Tatsuya, Ayu and Futoshi. Tatsuya and Futoshi got almost no screentime during the Junior Championship. We got official cards from two little red-headed lolis who even work as archetypes, but those two guys ain't nothing.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta go with Kalin Kessler from the anime. He was like the fallen angel of 5Ds. He was one of the Enforcers along with Yusei, Jack and Crow. Then he comes back as a Dark Signer and pretty much wrecks Yusei and his D-Wheel with his Earthbound Immortal Giant. He also used Hundred-Eyes Dragon which was one of the coolest Synchro monsters IMO. In their next duel, he pushes Yusei so far that Yusei has to summon Majestic Star Dragon to beat him.

Then he becomes this sorta weak quiet guy in that crazy Crash Town and those Infernity monsters never really sold it for me. I guess I wanted him to join forces again with Yusei, Jack and Crow to take on Yliaster. I know it wouldn't make sense since that WRGP required only 3 duelist so he'd be the odd guy out. But I wanted to see him more with the rest of the gang. The reunification of friends you know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I DID like his duel against Mizar though. THAT was well done and didn't suffer from the usual issues I had with Zexal Duels[/QUOTE]

My favorite duels of Zexal has to be Mizar vs Quinton & Trey and Nasch vs Quattro. Those duels were intense and had strategy to them

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    I imagine a lot of comments will involve female characters.
    ......honestly the first thing in my mind, is indeed the female characters.

Asuka, Rei, Aki, Ruka, Rio, Ayu, Mieru.......all characters that were initially seems to be set up as someone who will be important, but later on ends up doing nothing or even straight up disappearing from the show.

And then there's Anna & Cathy.
    Last edited by Brightshine Stardust; 27th November 2015 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blame Shin Yoshida for Rio, Anna and Cathy (and Luna from the manga). Leave him to his own devices and he'll rarely have female characters in a story.
    Sanokal