User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters with wasted potential

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Her Xyz represented what she was during the entire series: A cheerleader.
    odd way of spelling "Useless fucking Prop"
    She didn't even do much cheering, she just screamed "YUMA!!!" because we apparently needed to be informed that getting thrown 20 feet by some monster hurts. EVERY. EPISODE.

Seriously, completely write her out of the entire story, you lose nothing. she did nothing whatsoever for the plot that another character couldn't have done

whoever wrote her character should not have a job.......or their head.
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 3rd December 2015 at 01:41 AM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Her Xyz represented what she was during the entire series: A cheerleader. She could also have Winged Beasts in her Deck because of a Icarus Attack cameo if I remember.
    Considering her own name, I think it is indeed likely that she might be playing a mix of Winged Beast and Fairy.

Too bad we only see the Fairy part. Fairy + Winged Beast sounds like an interesting mix considering currently there's no cards that tie both Types together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kotori did not have potential to be wasted in the first place. She was there to be a token tsundere and fill the obligatory "main girl" slot of the series.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Kotori did not have potential to be wasted in the first place. She was there to be a token tsundere and fill the obligatory "main girl" slot of the series.
    Oh she had potential, EVERYONE had potential.
    even in Yugioh, you don't need to play the card game regularly to be a good character, there are many ways to develop character. Actually going somewhere with the obligatory romance subplot for example, even if they give it an ending like Aki's

I think the most important think Kotori did was.....ugh...that stupid Black hole thing with Vector in Sargasso

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    even in Yugioh, you don't need to play the card game regularly to be a good character, there are many ways to develop character. Actually going somewhere with the obligatory romance subplot for example, even if they give it an ending like Aki's

I think the most important think Kotori did was.....ugh...that stupid Black hole thing with Vector in Sargasso
    The problem with her is that she has a purpose but it's never needed. She snaps Yuma out of his funks four times in the entire series. The first two (the slap and the time at the dojo) were good, the third (the black hole) was fine, it's just that Yuma wasn't the problem, and against Nash it was just there. Whether this is a problem with her, Yuma, or both is up to the viewer.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    The problem with her is that she has a purpose but it's never needed. She snaps Yuma out of his funks four times in the entire series. The first two (the slap and the time at the dojo) were good, the third (the black hole) was fine, it's just that Yuma wasn't the problem, and against Nash it was just there. Whether this is a problem with her, Yuma, or both is up to the viewer.
    I think the real reason she was around so much was the animators were lolicons or something
    they went and gave us a fresh out of the shower-bathrobe shot for fucks sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you indicate any specific potential for her?
    Not trying to be snarky, just curious as to what you saw in her character.

For me, it's like.... she had green hair, which is nice, but the style is retarded, so...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Can you indicate any specific potential for her?
    Not trying to be snarky, just curious as to what you saw in her character.

For me, it's like.... she had green hair, which is nice, but the style is retarded, so...
    Go to Episode 1 and you can say that about any real character

As mentioned, they could have had the obligatory romance subplot go somewhere....actually lets just make this easier

Characters develop by interacting with other characters. the full extent of her interactions was as follows
    YUMA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now I like Reaction shots, especially to awesome or horrifying shit, but thats something you have a faceless audience do or something, it should never be a characters primary contribution
    by simply NOT doing that, development would be possible, but here is a scenario I can think of off the top of my head

At the beginning, Kotori was not a duelist. the point of her was to ask questions so the Newbie audience would get an explanation on how Tribute or Xyz summoning works. that and she liked Yuma, no shit.

then Cathy comes in (another glorious example of wasted potential). She also likes him and unlike her, she is actually useful, both as a duelist and as a plot ticket for fancy stuff (she was rich apparently). much Like Sherry did for Aki and Turbo Duels, She could have given Kotori the push to become a duelist, thus actually contribute something and maybe even get her own Number or something and then served as a Rival for her own subplot, like Masumi did for Yuzu.

Its a tiny example, but it would have been character development, and more importantly she'd have done something other then
    YUMA!!!$$%$#%&$##*(!!!
    continuing the result of this (her becoming a duelist and being competant) could have gone in quite a few directions. Given Yuma was a complete ....saying beginner is to nice and I want to scream RETARD right here, but lets try to stay objective and fair....

FUCKING RETARD (Nope, couldn't do it)
    she could have been progressing WITH (albiet somewhat behind) him or gone off on her own with it, then the usual "I'm not good enough" shit when the Barians rolled in, leading to further upgrades. again, better then fucking

Y̷̵̵͔̰̥͙̣͚͖̘͙̺̻̙͢U̳͇̬̠̕͝ͅM̵̢̱̙̟͍̱̭̰͎̹̺̮̕ͅÀ̷͚͚̙̣͘͘ ̹̞̝!̵̧̭͇̺̪̙͍̥͓͚̪̗̬͖̯̥̼̼!̴̀͏̶͔̥̞̜̯̫̣̣̰͓!̧̬̝͎̬̤͖̝̣͓͞ ̬̬͖̞̲̦̰͚̭$̧̙̖͍̤͈͓̗̜̙̟̼̕͢ͅ$̯͓̼͇̰͙̥͜͟%̶̰̲͕̜̩͈̝͍̖͝͞͠͝ ̹͉̖͕̳͉$̷̵̘̩͇̙̙͙͎͍̻̦͚̞̞͙̹͇͢#̸͕̩͙̻͓̱̖̳̹̣͇̪̕͟ͅ%̦͘̕͜͜ͅ ̤̬͇̝̯̺̯͓͖̗̭̗̤̘̜ͅ&̠̺͈͍͉̺̮͈̮̱̭̺̘̱̞̕͠͞$̷̞̹̳̰̰͇̳̻͕̜̼̀͘ ̦̫͓#͏̛͏͎̥̜͚̳̗̖̟̗͍̘̼̫#̡̰̖͇̗͇̼̪̹͟͞*̨̰̳̹̦̻͕͎̪̣̭̻̤͈̬͠͠ ̝̗̺
    And everything I said was basically the standard Shonen Plot track for the Side-kick characters

Get inspired by action to join action
    Join action, help hero
    get stronger with Hero
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 3rd December 2015 at 05:46 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the real reason she was around so much was the animators were lolicons or something
    Forget the animators, I just want to know which sick bugger designed the girls uniform at Heartland.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only they promoted her too much for no real reason.Putting her everywhere and i mean everywhere for no reason,when yuma joined the tournament she was there and there and there and what the fuck was the reason for being there in the final duels?When Cathy and the class president stayed behind because they would be of no help to begin with.As i mentioned putting her everywhere and this an example of too much promotion of her for some reason she has to hide her skirt but Rio is fine.
    I know what you did last summer.