User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Characters with wasted potential

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird how you put Aki's dub first name together with her original last name, while you call the rest of the your mentioned characters by their original names.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    It's weird how you put Aki's dub first name together with her original last name, while you call the rest of the your mentioned characters by their original names.
    I thought for sure it was "Akiza," not "Aki." Generally, the dub has a tendency to shorten names for convenience, but it was the opposite in this case.

Also, I have not seen the series in forever, so...

Anyways, editing.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    I thought for sure it was "Akiza," not "Aki." Generally, the dub has a tendency to shorten names for convenience, but it was the opposite in this case.

Also, I have not seen the series in forever, so...

Anyways, editing.
    ok, next bitch to dub.....Aki...Aki? thats WAY TO FUCKING SHORT, Murican names need 5 letters. throw in a "Z", kids like that letter a lot more then its bitch cousin "s". oh and aaaahhhh, oh "A" yeah that one too and call it done
    4Kids's name dubbing process
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    ...Yeah, always the female characters that have to suffer. It has almost gotten to the point where one could say that the producers are sexist. Of course, I guess the producers believe that the show does not need decent female protagonists, because YGO is a series mainly targeted towards the male demography.
    Last edited by Yuuri; 9th December 2015 at 02:30 AM.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    ...Yeah, always the female characters that have to suffer. It has almost gotten to the point where one could say that Konami is sexist.
    Credit where due, Konami is NOT the ones writing the show or the characters. they just publish the IRL Card game and oversee its related events, nothing more.
    Can't Blame the writers too much for this one either (well you can for Kotori and PrtII Aki and Luna, THAT was unforgivable) as this is a Shonen Anime here. Well-written and Developed Female characters are not exactly what their target Demographic cares about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And for a certain name:
    Spoiler Alert!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    And for a certain name:
    Spoiler Alert!

I needed that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credit where due, Konami is NOT the ones writing the show or the characters. they just publish the IRL Card game and oversee its related events, nothing more.
    Can't Blame the writers too much for this one either (well you can for Kotori and PrtII Aki and Luna, THAT was unforgivable) as this is a Shonen Anime here. Well-written and Developed Female characters are not exactly what their target Demographic cares about
    Today, I have made it evident that I am, in fact, not perfect. You are right, 4Kids was to blame for Aki's name change. As far as poor female leads go, I guess the Shonen demography only cares about good male leads, hence shonen.

Well-written and Developed Female characters are not exactly what their target Demographic cares about
    Then why add the character at all?! I mean, I do not expect every character in a series to play an important part; that would be asinine. But if you (in general) are going to introduce a character and have it appear as often as the main protagonist in a series, then it stands to reason that the character is a "main character." And like all protagonists, there needs to be character development.

...Oh, I know.

To hell with having strong female protagonists, let's just throw in another handful of male characters. It is not like the series cannot make a harem out of what it already has to begin with... /sarcasm

I will edit my last post to correct the mistake.
    Last edited by Yuuri; 9th December 2015 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because all male cast isn't good either

Female characters need to be there, they just aren't expected to be as well done as the male characters. don't mistake that for being unecessary, shit like Kotori is unforgivable no matter what, but taking not dominate roles is the norm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because all male cast isn't good either

Female characters need to be there, they just aren't expected to be as well done as the male characters. don't mistake that for being unecessary, shit like Kotori is unforgivable no matter what, but taking not dominate roles is the norm
    Even if the male cast is not great or perfect, they sure as hell get far more unnecessary attention.

Who is Kotori? do not answer.