User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [OCG]Structure Deck R: Undead World

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    It's a match winner though. It doesn't count for anything but a pretty trophy decoration.
    It is still related to the Blue-Eyes archetype. The art is really nothing else but Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon but with the gold fur behind his head instead of on the tip of his tail. (and yellow eyes). And is Xyz material is 3 Dragon-Type monsters... just like Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon needs 3 OG Blue-Eyes.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Yugioh Wikia Trivia
    This card is an Xyz and Match winner version of "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".
    It still count as a Blue-Eyes Xyz monster. An unusable one yes, but still count as one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    It still count as a Blue-Eyes Xyz monster. An unusable one yes, but still count as one.
    Then we are using very different definitions of what is a Blue-Eyes card. That's fine. We are not contradicting each other.

At least the Darkness Metal link is generic dragon support just like the card it is based on, REDMD (which had already lost all its ties with the theme, except for its name, compared to the its original appearance in the anime).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BBDD Wut. Vendread Nights is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    Cool cards.

Hoping the likely Zombie World 2 is good.
    That's actually very much unlikely. Similar to Santuary in the Sky (albeit with different underlining reasons), this Structure Deck R doesn't intend to replace Zombie World, but make it a centerpiece, based on how King works best when Zombie World is up and also how they printed a Monster that straight-up plays the card from the hand or Deck as a Quick-Effect while its on the Field or in the GY. The latter is particularly telling, as it refers specifically to the card Zombie World and not "'Zombie World' cards". That telegraphs they won't replace Zombie World.

And to fair, Zombie World is a powerful anti-meta card. It doesn't need to be replaced. They just need to keep building around it, like Sanctuary in the Sky.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    @BBDD Wut. Vendread Nights is awesome!
    It doesn't do anything. I played it at 3, then down to 2, and down to 1 because everytime i drew into it, I would've rather had another card instead. In the end, I just cut it entirely for that reason. There's no situation in which I say "Hey, you know what could fix this hand? Nights". Never.
    It doesn't plus (it's in fact a minus 1), gets lots of hand traps hate (Ash AND Ogre), and even when it resolves properly, it doesn't advance your game status. Charge has the same effect, but at least cannot be Ogre'd and SUMMONS the monster instead of leaving it collecting dust in the hand, and the floating effs both Slayer and Edgelord share are enough to fetch whatever you need, really; Devirituals are also a much better alternative, since they actually start/extend your combos.
    Whatever play you do with Nights, you could have done better if you had an actually good card in your hand in its place.
    Furthermore, the deck doesn't run THAT large number of monsters to really justify using so many monster searchers - In fact, having monsters in the hand is the least problem the deck has. You always have them and they do NOTHING, they only clog your hand.

If you want to share your opinion about the card, backed up with real experiences in which Nights did better than all the other alternatives, I'd gladly hear them. I like the deck and I'm always working on it to improve it, play it in my locals and have great fun with it
    (Well, it's fun when I actually manage to draw into one of those damn ritual spells lol)
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    It doesn't do anything. I played it at 3, then down to 2, and down to 1 because everytime i drew into it, I would've rather had another card instead. In the end, I just cut it entirely for that reason. There's no situation in which I say "Hey, you know what could fix this hand? Nights". Never.
    It doesn't plus (it's in fact a minus 1), gets lots of hand traps hate (Ash AND Ogre), and even when it resolves properly, it doesn't advance your game status. Charge has the same effect, but at least cannot be Ogre'd and SUMMONS the monster instead of leaving it collecting dust in the hand, and the floating effs both Slayer and Edgelord share are enough to fetch whatever you need, really; Devirituals are also a much better alternative, since they actually start/extend your combos.
    Whatever play you do with Nights, you could have done better if you had an actually good card in your hand in its place.
    Furthermore, the deck doesn't run THAT large number of monsters to really justify using so many monster searchers - In fact, having monsters in the hand is the least problem the deck has. You always have them and they do NOTHING, they only clog your hand.

If you want to share your opinion about the card, backed up with real experiences in which Nights did better than all the other alternatives, I'd gladly hear them. I like the deck and I'm always working on it to improve it, play it in my locals and have great fun with it
    (Well, it's fun when I actually manage to draw into one of those damn ritual spells lol)
    Vendread Nights (if that's the card I remembering; it feels like you're talking about the Continuous Spell) searches out your Vendreads. That all it needs to do, and I am satisfied with that. The occasional moment of being able to use your Vendread to attack twice is icing on the cake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Vendread Nights (if that's the card I remembering; it feels like you're talking about the Continuous Spell) searches out your Vendreads. That all it needs to do, and I am satisfied with that. The occasional moment of being able to use your Vendread to attack twice is icing on the cake.
    Well, if it works for you, that's cool. I just expressed my opinion on why I think it's a bad card (minus 1, hand trap hate, already have better alternatives in the form of Charge, Slayer/Battlelord floating effs and Devirituals, don't run many targets to begin with so it's useless to run both nights and other searchers), but I suppose we just built our decks differently and in yours it's more useful.
    (yeah, I was speaking of Nights, tho)
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.