User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [OCG]Structure Deck R: Undead World

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[OCG]Structure Deck R: Undead World

Cards from the incoming Structure Deck R have been revealed, as well as the identity of the cover card... which is surprisingly a Synchro-Monster version of a Legendary Black Dragon:

The cover card is called "Red-Eyes Undead/Zombie Necro Dragon" and is a Synchro monster version of Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon (which is a zombified Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon):

It is also Lv 7 (and a DARK Zombie obviously). Let's hope this card is both generic and good for Red-Eyes (and Zombies obviously). Now Red-Eyes have officialy access to Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and, indirectly, Link. (Darkness Metal, the Darksteel Dragon is indirectly a Red-Eyes monster, since it's a retrain/upgrade to Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon).

SR07-JP001 Shiryou-Oh Drochshúile (Drochshúile the Spirit King)
    Level 8 DARK Zombie Effect Monster
    ATK 2800
    DEF 2000
    You can use the (2)nd effect with this card’s name only once per turn.
    (1) When the effect of a Zombie monster not named “Drochshúile the Spirit King” is activated (Quick Effect): choose and apply 1 of these effects, but your “Drochshúile the Spirit King” effects cannot apply the chosen effect for the rest of this turn.
    • Negate that effect.
    • Banish 1 monster from either player’s field or GY.
    (2) Once per turn, during the Standby Phase, if a face-up card is in a Field Zone: You can Special Summon this card from your GY, in Defense Position.

This card is named after one of the nicknames of Balor, king of the Fomorians, a group of supernatural beings, who is considered to be a deity or embodiment of drought, blight and plague. Drochshúile means “Evil Eye”.

SR07-JP002 Shiryou no Banshee (Otherworldly Banshee)
    Level 4 DARK Zombie Effect Monster
    ATK 1800
    DEF 200
    You can use the (2)nd effect with this card’s name only once per turn.
    (1) “Zombie World”(s) in the Field Zone cannot be targeted by, or destroyed by, card effects.
    (2) (Quick Effect): You can banish this face-up card from your field or GY; activate 1 “Zombie World” from your Deck.

SR07-JP023 Undead Necronize (Zombie Necronize)
    Normal Spell Card
    You can use only one effect among the (1)st and (2)nd effects with this card’s name per turn, and only once that turn.
    (1) If a Level 5 or higher Zombie monster is on the field: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of that monster until the End Phase.
    (2) If this card is in your GY: You can shuffle 1 of your banished Zombie monsters into the Deck, and if you do, Set this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.

Source: OCG official website

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool cards.

Hoping the likely Zombie World 2 is good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King is awesome, really what was needed in ZW decks. It's even generic with its field spell requirement, meaning that almost any deck could potentially run it. I could try it in Vendread (even if Nights sucks...) or Vampires (I run Kingdom, not ZW, though) for a self-reviving 2800 beatstick that can also negate Ash. Sucker can trigger the banish effect during the opponent's turn with ease, provided you summon a monster from the GY. All in all, very solid card.
    Otherworldly waifu has great art, but meh effect. It can potentially become great if we get new ways to foolish zombie monsters (for now, we only have Uni, Foolish Burial, and Gozuki).
    The spell seems great at a first glance, but then you notice it works better as an ANTI-ZOMBIE side tech instead of a zombie card. Your opponent could steal your King and then GG because it can banish things and negate your own monsters since you're running a zombie deck.

None of these cards help Zombie during turn 1, which is when they are most weak. I'd love something to do other than Sage->Uni->Omega...

P.S: Red-Eyes will have a hard time summoning that synchro, it being lv7. Destudo is a thing, I suppose...
    Last edited by BBDD; 16th July 2018 at 05:03 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    P.S: Red-Eyes will have a hard time summoning that synchro, it being lv7. Destudo is a thing, I suppose...
    Red-Eyes have Lv6, 4, 3 and 1 Monsters. A vast array of Tuners works well with Red-Eyes, such as Junk Synchron, Destrudo, Glow-Up Bulb, Labradorite Dragon for exemple.

It will not have that hard of a time summoning Necro. But you're most likely using either Labradorite and/or Destrudo to summon it... if Necro is generic.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these Necro makes me sad Bakura Necro deck still only has Necro Face in OCG...
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 16th July 2018 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    It is also Lv 7 (and a DARK Zombie obviously). Let's hope this card is both generic and good for Red-Eyes (and Zombies obviously). Now Red-Eyes have officialy access to Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and, indirectly, Link. (Darkness Metal, the Darksteel Dragon is indirectly a Red-Eyes monster, since it's a retrain/upgrade to Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon).
    Then you can (indirectly) count Ritual as well (Lord of the Red), because Red-Eyes Transmigration is an actual Red-Eyes card and works better in-theme.

I'm actually disappointed that Red-Eyes got a Synchro, because I thought the Red-Eyes+XYZ vs. Blue-Eyes+Synchro rivalry was intentional. But it being a zombie makes it more understandable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Then you can (indirectly) count Ritual as well (Lord of the Red), because Red-Eyes Transmigration is an actual Red-Eyes card and works better in-theme.

I'm actually disappointed that Red-Eyes got a Synchro, because I thought the Red-Eyes+XYZ vs. Blue-Eyes+Synchro rivalry was intentional. But it being a zombie makes it more understandable.
    My guess is they're trying to tie it in with the Zombie Synchro counterparts, and not Red-Eyes. It probally won't actually work very well in a Red-Eyes deck, since it's effects will only support Zombie-Type monsters like the original Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon. And since it will most likely require ether Plaguespreader Zombie or a Zombie-type Tuner monster....
    Last edited by CardTamer; 16th July 2018 at 09:31 PM.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in 2015:
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Yuuri, Meteor Black Flare Dragon should be a fusion. The Synchro should be some sort of necromancing revision of Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon. And I still want a Red-Eyes Meteor Dragon since we got a Summoned Skull for the Archetype.
    Well, it only took them 3 years.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post

Blue-Eyes also have an Xyz monster: Legendary Dragon of White. It's the Xyz Match-winner counterpart of Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon and Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

Red-Eyes brings Potential, Blue-Eyes brings Power. That's the rivalry between the two.
    Last edited by Indytotof; 17th July 2018 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Blue-Eyes also have an Xyz monster: Legendary Dragon of White. It's the Xyz Match-winner of Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon and Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

Red-Eyes brings Potential, Blue-Eyes brings Power. Je te le the rivalry between the two.
    It's a match winner though. It doesn't count for anything but a pretty trophy decoration.