User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [V Jump] The “Mayakashi” Series from Hidden Summoners

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[V Jump] The “Mayakashi” Series from Hidden Summoners

A series seemingly based off of infamous seductresses and demons.

DBHS-JP027 Uruwashi no Mayakashi – Dakki (Beautiful Mayakashi – Dakki)
    Level 2 FIRE Zombie Tuner Effect Monst
    ATK 1000
    DEF 0
    (1) You can only control 1 “Beautiful Mayakashi – Dakki”.
    (2) When a “Mayakashi” monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck to your side of the field while this card is in your GY: You can Special Summon this card from your GY. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck the turn you activate this effect, except “Mayakashi” monsters.

DBHS-JP028 Wadachi no Mayakashi – Shafu (Rickshaw Mayakashi – Shafu)
    Level 3 EARTH Zombie Effect Monster
    ATK 1200
    DEF 400
    You can only use the first effect of this card’s name.
    (1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 “Mayakashi” monster in your GY, except “Rickshaw Mayakashi – Shafu”; Special Summon that monster in Defense Position, but its effects are negated.
    (2) You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.

DBHS-JP035 Uruwashi no Mayakashi – Youko (Beautiful Mayakashi – Youko)
    Level 9 FIRE Zombie Synchro Effect Monster
    ATK 2900
    DEF 2400
    Materials: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
    You can only use the (2)nd and (3)rd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) You can only control 1 “Beautiful Mayakashi – Youko”.
    (2) If a Synchro Monster you control whose original Level is 11 is destroyed by battle or by your opponent’s effect while this card is in the GY: You can banish 1 other Zombie monster from your GY, then Special Summon this card.
    (3) If this card is Special Summoned from the GY: You can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

DBHS-JP037 Tsurara no Mayakashi – Yukionna (Icicle Mayakashi – Yukionna)
    Link 2 WATER Zombie Link Effect Monster
    ATK 1900
    Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
    Materials: 2 “Mayakashi” monsters
    You can only use the (3)rd effect of this card;s name once per turn.
    (1) You can only control 1 “Icicle Mayakashi – Yukionna”.
    (2) If this card points to a Synchro Monster, your opponent cannot target this card for an attack.
    (3) While this card is in a Monster Zone, if a Synchro Monster you control is destroyed (by battle or by card effect): You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; halve that monsters’s ATK and DEF until the end of this turn.

Note: Tsurara can otherwise mean Heartbreak The pun is obviously, intentional.

DBHS-JP038 Mayakashi Kaiten (Mayakashi Mandate)
    Normal Spell Card
    You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) Take 1 “Mayakashi” card from your Deck, except “Mayakashi Mandate”, and either add it to your hand or send it to the GY.

DBHS-JP039 Mayakashi Henjou (Mayakashi Metamorphosis)
    Normal Trap Card
    You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck during the turn in which you activate this card, except “Mayakashi” monsters.
    (1) Discard 1 card, then target 1 of your “Mayakashi” monsters that is in the GY or banished; Special Summon it, and if you do, it cannot be targeted by your opponent’s effects during this turn.

Note: This card’s name can refer to transformation, but also in a sense of being reborn in a new form. It also sounds like ...

Source: https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&&id=346

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be the year of Zombie Synchro if my prediction about the possible new theme for Savage Strike turns out true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess its okay to assume that we'll see another synchro from this archetype. A level 11 to be exact because of right now Star Eater is the only one and it would be helpful to play through the extra deck restriction these cards have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would've preferred it to be less "xenophobic". Metamorphosis could have been decent if it allowed the user to recycle any banished zombie (even if, seriously, discard a card to summon 1 from GY/banished zone? C'mon, Vendread Revolution is unanimously considered bad and it ALSO gives you a ritual spell and even has a GY effect).
    For now, the tuner not being hard OPT and the synchro popping a card whenever is summoned back from the GY are the best cards. The spell is great, even if it's an ENORMOUS wasted potential since it could've been a generic zombie-type support in the structure deck. Other cards are meh at best, with the link being the best artwork of 2018 and at the same time the worst card of the year, maybe just after Scrumble Eggs (just exaggerating of course, but the only reason it will see play over Sucker is that the archetype is xenophobic and doesn't allow you to summon vampire sucker...).
    Since they're zombies and summon from the GY a lot, I hope we'll see a link with side arrows. Hopefully a generic one.
    Last edited by BBDD; 17th July 2018 at 07:51 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by the levels of the revealed main deck Monsters, the archetype may have level 5, 7, 9, And 11 synchros.
    This and the fact that the new red-eyes zombie synchro has an odd level (same as Youko) is a proof that konami is trying to limit the use of the solitaire/uni-zombie/mezuki combo.
    I mean, It Will work Well with level 9. But bringing a level 7 synchro with that combo is difficult.
    Last edited by Destiny91; 17th July 2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like the Prankids, they intentionally limited the number of cards revealed for this theme so they'd have something to lead into next week's Deck Showcase Experience.

From what it looks like, counting the newly shown Mayakashi, they're missing anywhere between 2 to 3 Main Deck Monsters and anywhere between 3 to 4 Synchros (both depending on if there will be a Level 3 Synchro or not). Only one Link, though, and not a lot of Spell and Trap support (only 1 each). They could get another Trap at 40, but that depends on if Hidden Summoners will have 5 generic reprints or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    Judging by the levels of the revealed main deck Monsters, the archetype may have level 5, 7, 9, And 11 synchros.
    This and the fact that the new red-eyes zombie synchro has an odd level (same as Youko) is a proof that konami is trying to limit the use of the solitaire/uni-zombie/mezuki combo.
    I mean, It Will work Well with level 9. But bringing a level 7 synchro with that combo is difficult.
    Considering how that combo, as sweet as it is, has tunnel-visioned Zombies, which in turn has limited design, it's not surprising they've made these cards as xenophobic and unfriendly towards generic Synchros and even-Leveled Synchros as they did.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 18th July 2018 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like youkai's theme, so I like this deck already, I wanna see the tengus tho. I hope they are good enough to be able to not use the solitarie-uni-zuki combo which every single zombie deck runs...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    I like youkai's theme, so I like this deck already, I wanna see the tengus tho. I hope they are good enough to be able to not use the solitarie-uni-zuki combo which every single zombie deck runs...
    You mean like Winged Mayakashi – Hajun? Isn't he a Tengu?

https://ygorganization.com/atenguleadsthecharge/

A card designed to help start or extend Mayakashi plays is revealed from the official Japanese Twitter account!

DBHS-JP029 翼の魔妖-波旬 Tsubasa no Mayakashi – Hajun (Winged Mayakashi – Hajun)
    Level 1 WIND Zombie Effect Monster
    ATK 600
    DEF 400
    You can only use the (1)st effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: you can Special Summon 1 “Mayakashi” monster from your Deck, except “Winged Mayakashi – Hajun”.
    (2) You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.

Note: Hajun happens to be the name of the lord of demons in the sixth heavenly realm of the world of desires in Japanese Buddhist cosmological thought. Effectively he is equivalent to the Buddhist concepts of Pāpīyas and Mara, both beings who are the embodiment of the concept of desire and illusion that distract a Buddhist from concentrating on enlightenment and thus Nirvana, allowing themselves to escape the cycle of suffering caused by karma.

Between this card and Dakki, the Mayakashi seem to be naming themselves after beings that tempt and undermine and corrupt.

Source

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yeah, thats one, but there should be more like the one in the trap's artwork (Probably another synchro, like youko is the evolution of dakki)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    No, tengus and tenmas are completely unrelated.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly