User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Set Spoilers Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V [SHVA] New Ninja Cards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like all these! I do wish we could have gotten some of Magnum's Ninja's, at least, but oh well. Maybe next year's Collectors Pack (though Classic should really be filled with a 2nd wave of Leon Support).

Saizo is beauty to the core with its effect of searching your Ninjitsu Arts (I always wanted Pendulums that did that). It combos well with the new Field Spell. Yellow Ninja's effect is simple but long overdue. I also like his Dragon form, which is cool both in the ATK department and also in the artwork; guy looks a bit different from the other Ninjas, but still really sleek.

Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    Man, is so hard to give us a good ninja boss monster? Yellow dragon is the best out of the ninja dragons (maybe tied with the original white dragon) but still, ninjas doesn't have that facility to get pluses, so a 2 for 2 is not very good for them. But well, again, it have the best eff so maybe is worth to run 1 (Also, they should have added "or pendulum summoned" so atleast you can pendulum summon him with the ninja pendulums...)

The link is good, but isolde is still better IMO (enables combo with the pendulum ninjas), but well, its a solid card, free pluses and protection.

Yellow ninja is cool, but that restriction is a bit unnecessary
    Yellow Ninja's effect is unfortunately very necessary, and that's because of Isolde and the wombo-combos she often leads into. It's a sign of the times that new Warriors will be designed around Isolde. (An aside, but even though its too little too late and even though the specific material requirements hadn't been "discovered" yet by the development team, and even though the card was an obvious pandering to the ultra competitive players, Isolde really should have required at least 1 Noble Knight to get off her effect(s). Really, they coulda done it a few different ways that would have made it still awesome while not making it borderline list worthy and demand designing other Warriors around her.) In a Ninja Deck, it's not really that bothersome anyway, because Saizo (or Blade Armor Ninja during opportune moments) are good enough to go into during turns when you use it.

In a Ninja Deck, I don't think Isolde is strictly better, as Saizo being able to get you your Spell and Traps is nice thing. They kinda have different enough roles (once again, in a Ninja Deck) that one isn't strictly better or worse than the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSteps View Post
    The field spell, yellow ninja, and Saizo are excellent. As people stated yellow could do without the restrictions, but its cool. The trap is, okay at best, its basically a searchable COTH for opponents GY, wow, whoopdie doo. I mean you can do some shenaningans, but, its shenanigans. Yellow Dragon Ninja is nothing short of unnacceptable in todays yugioh. After black dragon ninja i thought they couldnt top that, boy was i wrong. First off, the cost is too high, takes up too many resources, and Targets and destroys. Thats so damn lame!!!! Ninjas are not this crazy deck that plus 5 every turn like they can afford to drop 2 cards just to do a twin twister effect. Its lack luster
    I mean, I can see people wishing Yellow would be without the restriction, but in a world with Isolde shenangins, it's kinda necessary and inevitable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I like all these! I do wish we could have gotten some of Magnum's Ninja's, at least, but oh well. Maybe next year's Collectors Pack (though Classic should really be filled with a 2nd wave of Leon Support).

Saizo is beauty to the core with its effect of searching your Ninjitsu Arts (I always wanted Pendulums that did that). It combos well with the new Field Spell. Yellow Ninja's effect is simple but long overdue. I also like his Dragon form, which is cool both in the ATK department and also in the artwork; guy looks a bit different from the other Ninjas, but still really sleek.

Yellow Ninja's effect is unfortunately very necessary, and that's because of Isolde and the wombo-combos she often leads into. It's a sign of the times that new Warriors will be designed around Isolde. (An aside, but even though its too little too late and even though the specific material requirements hadn't been "discovered" yet by the development team, and even though the card was an obvious pandering to the ultra competitive players, Isolde really should have required at least 1 Noble Knight to get off her effect(s). Really, they coulda done it a few different ways that would have made it still awesome while not making it borderline list worthy and demand designing other Warriors around her.) In a Ninja Deck, it's not really that bothersome anyway, because Saizo (or Blade Armor Ninja during opportune moments) are good enough to go into during turns when you use it.

In a Ninja Deck, I don't think Isolde is strictly better, as Saizo being able to get you your Spell and Traps is nice thing. They kinda have different enough roles (once again, in a Ninja Deck) that one isn't strictly better or worse than the other.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I can see people wishing Yellow would be without the restriction, but in a world with Isolde shenangins, it's kinda necessary and inevitable.
    The only restriction i dont like on yellow ninja is that he can only summon level 4 or lower ninjas. He should have been able to bring out any ninja for free, its not like theres that many Crazy OP things that you could do with that. I just want to be able to drop high level dead draw ninjas in the hand without having to tribute summon or send to the grave for getsuga. What really bugs me is that this is all they could think of for Ninjas? Are they gonna follow through? Are we gonna see them complete the line up and maybe offer us some good new spells and traps in the next set? Who knows, because konami decided Ninjas should only get 5 new cards.
    Last edited by GeneralSteps; 5th August 2018 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSteps View Post
    The only restriction i dont like on yellow ninja is that he can only summon level 4 or lower ninjas. He should have been able to bring out any ninja for free, its not like theres that many Crazy OP things that you could do with that. I just want to be able to drop high level dead draw ninjas in the hand without having to tribute summon or send to the grave for getsuga. What really bugs me is that this is all they could think of for Ninjas? Are they gonna follow through? Are we gonna see them complete the line up and maybe offer us some good new spells and traps in the next set? Who knows, because konami decided Ninjas should only get 5 new cards.
    I do understand why they wouldn't want you to bring out White Dragon, Gold Dragon, and especially Getsuga any easier than they are already (once again, especially Getsuga, who's still pretty easy to Summon from the hand and who's being a double-reborn on legs warrants some form of caution regardless of how "dangerous" or not Ninjas as a whole are). That said, I do wish they could have at least allowed up to Level 6 for easy access to Setting Senior Silver Ninja from the hand.