Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SR07] Tatsunecro and Friends

SR07-JP000
    Tatsunecro
    Level 3 DARK Zombie Tuner Effect Monster
    ATK 500
    DEF 1700
    If you would use this Normal Summoned/Set monster as material for a Synchro Summon, 1 monster in your hand can be used as 1 of the other Synchro Materials, but if one is, it and the other Synchro Materials are banished instead of being sent to the GY.
    (1) You cannot Special Summon monsters, except Zombie monsters.

SR07-JP034
    Return of Undead / Return of Zombie
    Normal Trap
    You can use each effect among the (1)st and (2)nd effects with this card’s name only once per turn.
    (1) Banish 1 Zombie monster on the field, then choose 1 Zombie monster in the banished monster’s controller’s GY, and if you do, Special Summon it in Defense Position to its owner’s field.
    (2) If this card is in your GY: You can shuffle 1 of your banished Zombie monsters into the Deck, and if you do, Set this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.

SR07-JP041
    Red-Eyes Undead Necro Dragon / Red-Eyes Zombie Necro Dragon
    Level 7 DARK Zombie Synchro Effect Monster
    ATK 2400
    DEF 2000
    Synchro Materials: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
    You can use the (2)nd effect with this card’s name only once per turn.
    (1) Gains 100 ATK/DEF for each Zombie monster on the field and in the GYs.
    (2) When another Zombie monster is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Zombie monster from either player’s GY.

This Structure R is so bad I want to cry. I waited patiently for years, since Monarch Structure R, and we got... this. An awful tuner worse than Uni-Zombie and even Plaguespreader, which is from a decade ago. A spell and a trap that are better used as anti-zombie techs rather than actual zombie support. A Zombie World searcher so bad you are actually better off playing ol' good Terraforming.
    The synchro follows the Red-Eyes tradition of being bad. And Drochulle is decent at best.

Was it so difficult to give us an in-theme Foolish Burial? Dragons have it and Zombies cannot? A Zombie World retrain? Zombie Master retrain? Plaguespreader retrain? Why in the world would I use Tatsunecro over Uni-zombie? Cards that do something first turn?

This is what you get for having faith in Konami. Fy Konami.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops. I just made a thread featuring all the new V-Jump-related cards, plus the Anniversary Pack 3 that might foreshadow Savage Strike contents.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you're being too harsh on the cards again, and not really considering reason as to why they are as they are, or looking on ways to make use of them rather than make scorn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Whoops. I just made a thread featuring all the new V-Jump-related cards, plus the Anniversary Pack 3 that might foreshadow Savage Strike contents.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you're being too harsh on the cards again, and not really considering reason as to why they are as they are, or looking on ways to make use of them rather than make scorn.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see your thread!

As for the cards, I'm not too harsh, they're just straight from 2008.
    Tatsunecro lets you use its effect only when Normal Summoned. Because that's what Zombie decks do, right? Normal Summon a bunch of monsters in one turn. But that wasn't enough, so they decided to lock you on Zombie monsters. That still wasn't enough, so the materials are banished. Wtf is this? Are they making this on purpose?
    The Spell and Trap cards are, as I said, better used AGAINST zombies. To use them, you need that Zombie World on the field. To use them against you, your opponent just need you to play your deck.
    Red-Eyes Synchro isn't bad, but doesn't do nothing first turn. You know why do Zombie decks turn into Omega spam? Because that's the only thing they can do turn one, lets you advance your game status (by recycling Mezuki) and somehow interacts with the opponent (by banishing one of their cards). No other Zombie monster does that. Nobody. And that explains a lot about why are Zombie decks so bad they have to rely on Solitaire->Omega combo to make into turn two.
    Banshee should have either tributed herself from hand/field, or activate ZW from GY. As of now, she's mediocre at best, requires you to summon/dump her to GY, and the protection effect may as well not be there.
    Drochulle (I'm probably spelling it wrong) is slow and requires a lot of setup (be in the GY while ZW is on the field during the next standby phase). He's good, but he cannot carry the entire deck on his shoulders. And your opponent can steal it with Necronize and win.

The deck needed a themed Foolish (Uni, Gozuki, Samurai Skull all eat your normal summon, and you only have one), a retrained Zombie World (a continuous trap that turns all monsters into zombies during a single phase, and grants Zombies immunity to targeting/destruction?), possibly turn 1 options like a retrained Zombie Master and synchros that actually do something.

There are no reasons as to why these cards are as they are. The only one I can think of is that Konami is dumb and whoever designed these needs to play the game in a format other than Goat Control.
    All Structure R were good for their archetype or provided decent cards for the type they were supposed to support. Even Felgrand's structure, while not that good on its own, actually included good cards for dragon decks (Arkbrave and Return). But this? I'm not gonna use these cards in any of my zombie decks. I play Vendread, Vampire, Shiranui, and none of them can make use of any of these. "Zombie World" deck isn't a thing and looking at this won't be a thing for very long time.
    And, since I've waited this for what seemed like ages, I'm very disappointed.
    Last edited by BBDD; 14th August 2018 at 07:38 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty disappointing. I guess I'd use the dragon cause its Xtra deck and I might summon it sometimes but nothing else grabs my attention.
    Would it really have been too broken to use the trap to send an opponents monster and summon one of your own? Its already slow cause its a trap and already requires zombie world to work. I agree these cards feel designed for a 5DS structure deck, not a modern one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Summon Sorceress, Tatsunecro allows degenerate play to lock your opponent out of special summons except for zombies. Besides from that I don't see any thing innovative the other cards can deviate into advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cards are ok, not op like cards we have seen in other structure decks, but still decent for a type that already has a ton of tools like Mezuki and Uni-zombie. I like that ZW supports interesting plays like a lock down with Drochshuile and making the best of red-eyes effects. The deck enhances it's old strategy, which is what all structure deck Rs are meant to do and have been doing, some better than others, but in the end it is about trying the cards out and seeing if there is potential and I can already see how to make use of these cards. Now just to wait and try them out.
    Last edited by haloichigo1; 15th August 2018 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    The cards are ok, not op like cards we have seen in other structure decks, but still decent for a type that already has a ton of tools like Mezuki and Uni-zombie. I like that ZW supports interesting plays like a lock down with Drochshuile and making the best of red-eyes effects. The deck enhances it's old strategy, which is what all structure deck Rs are meant to do and have been doing, some better than others, but in the end it is about trying the cards out and seeing if there is potential and I can already see how to make use of these cards. Now just to wait and try them out.
    Mostly this. Zombie has some powerful stuff to its Type, so anything new has to be super careful not to end up causing problems, especially Gouki-engine style problems.

Besides, as you say, these 6 cards are meant to enhance the Zombie World style of the Deck, and they do. Zombie World is already quite the card on its own (no card works quite like it does on the level it does). These cards just make it more the centerpiece that it's meant to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Mostly this. Zombie has some powerful stuff to its Type, so anything new has to be super careful not to end up causing problems, especially Gouki-engine style problems.

Besides, as you say, these 6 cards are meant to enhance the Zombie World style of the Deck, and they do. Zombie World is already quite the card on its own (no card works quite like it does on the level it does). These cards just make it more the centerpiece that it's meant to be.
    The only "powerful stuff" zombie has is Mezuki and Uni-Zombie/Gozuki/Solitaire into Uni-zombie, who just dump the aforementioned Mezuki and basically act as Monster Reborn with legs. Almost any post-2010 artchetype has some kind of "monster reborn" effect (Gishki Beast, Tellarknight Altair, Frightfur Sabre-tooth, Vampire Scarlet and Duke) and none of them do jack shit. I don't remember Zombies being meta defining since early synchro era (2009-10, I think). Stop with this lie of being super careful. They give us a searchable 1-card link-2, but are too afraid of giving us decent zombie cards?
    Also, on a side note, all these 6 cards "meant to enahce ZW style of the deck" are useless if ZW isn't on the field. Which happens more often than it should. You can summon Banshee and banish her to get it, but then you wasted your normal summon on a useless card that does nothing on its own. It's Vendread all over again: they give you a deck, but you're able to use it only 50% of the time, e.g. when you happen to draw into that important card and your opponent doesn't have disruption/negation available.

Maybe you're right and it's all about enhancing old strategies, but this is subpar even when compared with the worst structure decks R (Dragon Lords and Ancient Gear) and not what zombie deserves after all these years of drought.