Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [OCG] Structure Deck: Soulburner

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[OCG] Structure Deck: Soulburner

https://ygorganization.com/thatissosadflameplayboy/

Good News: The end of endless Playmaker Decks is at hand. Bad News: I hope you weren’t hoping for Revolver

A new preconstructed Deck for the “Official Card Game” has been decided: “Structure Deck Soulburner”, which goes on Sale December 8th, 2018. It’s a Deck in the image of “Soulburner”, a Duelist from the “Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS” anime, and it also comes with a pack meant to strengthen your Extra Deck.

『Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game Duel Monsters Structure Deck Soulburner』
    ● Release Date: December 8th, 2018
    ● Maker: Konami
    ● Price: 1200 Yen (Plus Tax)
    ● Contents/
    1 Preconstructed Deck (41 Cards)
    Extra Deck Enhancing Pack (1 Pack, 5 Cards Inside)
     1 Special Duel Field slash Playing Guide

Also, at the same time it releases, two Duelist Card Protects will be released as well.

『Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game Duel Monsters Duelist Card Protector Red Ver. 2』
    『Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game Duel Monsters Duelist Card Protector Green Ver. 2』
    ● Release Date: December 8th, 2018
    ● Maker: Konami
    ● Price: 350 Yen (Plus Tax)
    ● Contents: 55 Protectors

Product designs and contents and names are subject to change.

Source
    EDIT: Rarity Spread

https://ygorganization.com/lotsofshinysoulburnercards/

Mostly rarity distribution confirmation.

Structure Deck Soulburner comes with:

1 Ultra Rare
    4 Super Rares
    5 Parallel Rares
    The Extra Deck Buffing Pack comes with:

2 Ultra Rares
    3 Parallel Rares
    The Extra Deck Buffing Pack cards can also come in Secret Rare foiling depending on your luck. We’ll post further information as it becomes available.

Source
    -----

As a fan of the character and the Salamangreat Deck, I look forward to what we get from here! Salamangreats are are my new favorite VRAINS Anime Deck, along side pure Gouki. They already have a surprisingly solid base from their debut support; what they really need is more Extra Deck options and more play starters for when you don't open Falco and Meer. (Falco being Level for means Lady Debug can't search it, which can be frustrating at times.)

As an aside, I'm hoping the cards like Salamangreat Mole and Salamangreat Sunlight Wolf will be in Savage Strike, since this comes out a ways away from now. They still have to go through Wolvie and Racoon, first, so we'll have to see how much Main Deck Anime space they're willing to devote to Salamangreat this time around, although they still gotta cross-promote. (Planckids' early Set Number implies a dearth of Main Deck Anime Monsters yet again...)
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 30th August 2018 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Added Rarity Spread

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than another Yusaku deck I suppose.

The 1-card Extra Deck is concerning, considering the previous instalments, each having 3/4-card Extra Decks. Wouldn't leave much room for new "Salamangreat" Link monsters.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotonLegion View Post

The 1-card Extra Deck is concerning, considering the previous instalments, each having 3/4-card Extra Decks. Wouldn't leave much room for new "Salamangreat" Link monsters.
    Especially since their gimmick is going from one copy of their link to another. But also there's the power-up pack, which means it actually has 42 cards in it at least.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least it's not another Yusaku deck. On the other hand FOUR CYBERSE DECKS IN A ROW?! Ugh.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 27th August 2018 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they'd stop making anime-related structure decks based on the current airing show. Seriously, they already have LOT of coverage in main AND side sets (Link Vrains Box, for example).
    As a person who doesn't play any of the Vrains archetypes (Playmaker's Cyberse, Gouki, Trickstar, Rokket, Salamangreat), I really feel put aside. Konami's too much focused with Vrains (and link) stuff and doesn't give a fuck about other types of decks.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Especially since their gimmick is going from one copy of their link to another. But also there's the power-up pack, which means it actually has 42 cards in it at least.
    46 cards. The power-up pack has 5 Extra Deck cards in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotonLegion View Post

There's reason or precedent to believe there wouldn't be anything new in the Power-up Pack?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    I wish they'd stop making anime-related structure decks based on the current airing show. Seriously, they already have LOT of coverage in main AND side sets (Link Vrains Box, for example).
    As a person who doesn't play any of the Vrains archetypes (Playmaker's Cyberse, Gouki, Trickstar, Rokket, Salamangreat), I really feel put aside. Konami's too much focused with Vrains (and link) stuff and doesn't give a fuck about other types of decks.
    While it's unfortunate you feel that way, it makes no sense for them not to focus on Anime stuff (lack of non-R Structure Deck variety aside). In fact, they are actually less products based on the current series Anime than there was for Arc-V, to the point that a number of VRAINS stuff is still in limbo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    While it's unfortunate you feel that way, it makes no sense for them not to focus on Anime stuff (lack of non-R Structure Deck variety aside). In fact, they are actually less products based on the current series Anime than there was for Arc-V, to the point that a number of VRAINS stuff is still in limbo.
    Oh yeah, of course it does, I just wish they didn't do it. Wishful thinking, I know.

Btw, were there really that much of Arc-V based products? If so, they were less... I don't know, less oppressive than Vrains ones. Maybe it's just because they didn't straightforwardly replace other stuff. Structure decks were a lot more varied (I think only three of them were anime characters-related, 2 Pend Magician and 1 DDD), and while there were powerful pendulum archetypes that dominated the meta back then (Qli, ), there were also non-pendulum decks (Shaddoll, Tellar, Nekroz, Monarch, Kozmo, ABC, PaleoFrogs, Zoo). Vrains feels much more stale in terms of product releases and metagame (and non-meta, since almost all decks are forced to run links and they are almost always the same).
    Is it just my impression?
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's reason or precedent to believe there wouldn't be anything new in the Power-up Pack?
    Technically speaking, no. The previous power-up packs, from the Starter Decks that gave us "Limited Barian's Force" and "OED", had one or two new cards in them. I just tend to take the "Assume the worst and things can only get better approach".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    46 cards. The power-up pack has 5 Extra Deck cards in it.
    Yeah, but as I recall, the last couple of times they did them, there was one predetermined card, and then a random selection of a small group of cards. I'm only counting the one guaranteed card as part of it.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This deck makes 1 more Vrains SD than Arc-V had and even with Arc-V SDs they weren't all one summoning method/one type focus. Yeah, I know there some miscellaneous non-Cyberse monsters in the Vrains SDs. The first 12 cards of Cyberse Link are all Cyberse monsters and all three recent decks are very clearly concerned with Cyberse above all else.