User Tag List

Thread: 20th Anniversary Duelist Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20th Anniversary Duelist Box

The first real break in the news drought.

https://ygorganization.com/8000yengacha/

Yet another extravagant OCG item is coming to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

Yugioh Official Card Game Duel Monsters 20th Anniversary Duelist Box
    -On sale December 22, 2018
    -MSRP 8000 yen
    Contents:
    -6 Promotional Cards, all in 20th Secret Rare
    -6 Special Packs, each pack containing 3 Ultra Rares and 3 Parallel Rares
    -6 Special Tokens in Ultra Rare
    -100 Special Card Protectors
    -1 Special Rubber Duel Field, out of 6 total possible designs
    -1 Special Card 20th Anniversary Edition, made in stainless steel, out of 2 total possible cards

Also on sale in January 12 2019 are Xyz Black and Soulburner card protectors

Source: https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&&id=373

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I'd make this thread because perhaps we could make some speculations on what to expect.

For references regarding these similar line of OCG products: we have the Millennium Box Gold 3 years ago that had the 2 new Exodia cards and Ties of the Brethren, plus alternative arts for the Egyptian God Cards; the famous Dimension Box 2 years back that had 15 brand-spanking new cards for 15 Arc-V era Anime Decks, most of them being pretty darn useful for their Decks if not outright new staples, plus alternative artworks for the 4 Dimension Dragons; the Link VRAINS Box from last year that had 2 new cards for each of the principal Duelists of Season 1 (Playmaker, Blue Angel, Gore, and Varis) for a total of 8 new cards in all, along with alternative artworks for each of their then symbolic primary ace Monsters (Firewall Dragon, Trickstar Holly Angel, Gouki The Great Ogre, and Borreload Dragon).

They change up the specifics each time, but based on what they list here, I reckon the 6 promotional cards are 6 more alternative artwork reprints. Each box gave promotion cards outside the "Deck" or "Main Set" of cards that reprinted themeatically appropriate cards with a new artwork. The big question for that is "Which cards are getting the new artworks?"

The new stuff is harder to guess. I wanna say that based on the composition of "6 packs with 3 of one rarity and 3 of another" means that there will be 2 pools of cards. A pool of new cards and a pool of reprints. The questions then are "What will the pool of new cards (and/or reprints, for the relevant parties) amount to?" and "Will the number for both pools be even or biased, and in favor to which side if so?" along with "Who's getting the new stuff this time?"

This might be the point in time were we start getting things like new Neos stuff and/or new Nordic things. I'll also surmise that each character/category will have 3 new cards in the new cards pool.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10th September 2018 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'mma now guess the Box is themed around the protragonists of the 6 series. Took me a moment to catch onto the whole "Anniversary" and having 6 promo cards.

So get ready for the umpteenth Dark Magician artwork. At least Neos, Stardust, and classic Utopia will appreciate the alt-art love.

That means the pool of new cards and reprints should both contain things related to the protagonists' Decks. I'm all for new Neos, Stardust, and Utopia support, and I can never so no to more Odd-Eyes, especially of the Performapal variety!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly the Xyz Summoned Skull.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    It's definitely possible. (Under which category, though?)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    The others have all been released in the Special Packs. I would expect that Xyz Summoned Skull would more likely be released in the next Special Pack.

I am hoping this ends up like a sequel to the 20th Anniversary Packs from 2016. Those had 4 cards per pack while this one has 6. Maybe they can finally print Chaos Core and complete the Sacred Beast support. Or Time Angel, Dice Dungeon and Dimension Dice as a follow up to Collector's Pack 2018.