0 Thread(s)

Savage Strike Anime Bosses

TUNING BULLET

SAST-JP038 Cyberse Quantum Dragon
    Level 7 DARK Cyberse Synchro Effect Monster
    ATK 2500
    DEF 2000
    Materials: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
    (1) If you control a Link Monster, your opponent cannot target monsters you control for attacks or card effects, except this one.
    (2) Once per turn, at the start of the Damage Step, when this card battles an opponent’s monster: You can return that opponent’s monster to the hand, also this card can make another attack in a row.

SAST-JP037 Varreload Savage Dragon / Borreload Savage Dragon
    Level 8 DARK Dragon Synchro Effect Monster
    ATK 3000
    DEF 2500
    1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
    You can only use this card name’s (3) effect once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can equip 1 Link Monster from your GY to this card, and if you do, place Borrel Counters on this card equal to that card’s Link Rating.
    (2) Gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the monster equipped to it by its effect.
    (3) When an opponent’s card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can remove 1 Borrel Counter from this card; negate that activation.

SAST-JP048 Salamangrate Sunlight Wolf / Salamangreat Sunlight Wolf
    Link 2 FIRE Cyberse Link Effect Monster
    ATK 1800
    Links: Top, Bottom
    Materials: 2 FIRE Effect Monsters
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If a monster is Normal/Special Summoned to a zone this card points to: You can add 1 FIRE monster from your GY to your hand, but you cannot Normal/Special Summon that monster or a monster with the same name for the rest of this turn.
    (2) If this card is Link Summoned by using “Salamangreat Sunlight Wolf” as Link Material: You can add 1 “Salamangreat” Spell/Trap Card from your GY to your hand.

Source: https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&&id=382

Savage indeed!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lub it!!!

But seriously, I really do like this card. I like just how overall generic it is. It's a superb Link-climbing Monsters. Any FIRE Deck can it, and even though the Monster can't be used (again) that turn, I think it's worth the generic-ness in this case.

The Reincarnation effect is also lovely in the Deck, because it means you can, once again, freely discard your Spells and Traps with the relief you'll get them back, and there's wait for using them. Formud Skipper just became more valuable, though that was easily surmised.

The Varis and Playmaker Synchros are cool. For starters, they're both generic. They're also both Level 7 and 8 DARK Synchros, which affords them a lot of little privileges, especially Borreload Savage being a Dragon. Cyberse Quantum Dragon can return a Monsters it battles to the hand and still attack (Monster removal like that is always appreciated in Playmaker Cyberse Decks), and once again, its generic on a DARK Level 7 Synchro. (Notably, because it's so generic, it doesn't have a "If this card leaves the field by an opponent's card effect" effect. Borreload Savage hits all the right bells, and can become super powerful. On top of that, the implied Link-4 Equip means it gets 4 stress-free negations and will likely 4500 flat ATK most times its played.

I hope this isn't the end of the Anime reveals, though. Lumping them together implies that it is, but we've waited so long, I wanna see the other Main Deck stuff, like the Tuners you're meant to use to Summon these Synchros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in awe by the amount of power creep in these two wonderful Synchro monsters and both are generic enough to be tool boxed.

&

Finally our Link 2 has arrived for Salamangreats. Sunlight Wolf is amazing, first effect allow you to recycle your monsters to keep their flame kindled and the second is an easy push to summon Heat Leo if you have Sanctuary on field after you grab Heart from the Reincarnated Link summon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty nice cards. I am a bit disappointed that playmaker's synchro is a dragon, since clock is already a dragon and I hoped all his new summon condition monsters would be modeled off of different types. like clock being a dragon and cyberse magician being a spellcaster. I hoped the XYZ and synchro would fit maybe a warrior, beast or machine type in some sense ( I dont mean they are the actual types mentioned, but are modeled after those monster types. I know they are cyberse), but despite that it is a very good card that helps links and can get rid of problomatic monsters.

Savage is also great and with decent options for power gaining and the ability to negate anything once per turn, this will be a pretty game changing generic synchro monster and it also explains the set name as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Savage dragon is such a good card holy shit, generic and easy to summon (no 2 or more non-tuner shits) and a have such OP effect wich is not once per turn, by simply scaling knightmares and putting mermaid at the end, the summoning this boy and equipping him with griffon you get 4 negations that can be used in one same turn because it doesnt have the OPT clause. This will be our 40$+ card for this set

Also quantum is good too, grand mole ver 2018, non-targeting non-destruction removal is nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    Savage dragon is such a good card holy shit, generic and easy to summon (no 2 or more non-tuner shits) and a have such OP effect wich is not once per turn, by simply scaling knightmares and putting mermaid at the end, the summoning this boy and equipping him with griffon you get 4 negations that can be used in one same turn because it doesnt have the OPT clause. This will be our 40$+ card for this set

Also quantum is good too, grand mole ver 2018, non-targeting non-destruction removal is nice
    SAST-JP037 Varreload Savage Dragon / Borreload Savage Dragon
    Level 8 DARK Dragon Synchro Effect Monster
    ATK 3000
    DEF 2500
    1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
    You can only use this card name’s (3) effect once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can equip 1 Link Monster from your GY to this card, and if you do, place Borrel Counters on this card equal to that card’s Link Rating.
    (2) Gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the monster equipped to it by its effect.
    (3) When an opponent’s card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can remove 1 Borrel Counter from this card; negate that activation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea about the others, and don´t see much reasons to run Quantum Dragon over Moonlight Dragon unleast plan to Tune into one of the Big Dark Dragons like Abyss.

That said, HOLY HELL! Savage Dragon is amazing! You don´t even need to get out of your way to summon him due how Synchro decks with Link Support works.
    Over 3k ATK for sure and one monster, spell or trap negation per turn, he´s also a Target for Return of the Dragon Lords and since he´s a dark dragon you can go for Red Dragon Archfiend evolutions if need it.

Reading correctly, "You can only use this card name´s effect" means even if you control two or more copies of this monster; only one can use the negation effect, right?

["Tangerines kick ass"]___________________["White Dragon Rules"]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Yang Zings can do something with Quantum.

EDIT: Nah, ED space is too tight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Savage Dragon hits all the right spots:
    -Generic materials
    -Generic effects with generic requirements
    -Level 8 DARK Dragon (Synergy with the RDA family and Resonators)
    -High ATK that can be boosted
    Some people might hate the hard OPT negation. But considering all the good points about this card, even a soft OPT negation would be too much.
    I think the card is perfect as it is and, it will surely be Meta relevant.

And Quantum Dragon, well...It's name and desing are really cool.
    Anyway, while it may not be the best level 7 Synchro, it can be useful sometimes.
    But, as Archsorcerer said in the comment above, the ED space is too tight to make this card fit.
    Last edited by Destiny91; 16th September 2018 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Cyberse Clock and Cyberse Quantum, I wonder if there will be a Cyberse (...) Dragon being a Link...