User Tag List

Thread: [DP21] Legend Duelist 4: New “Harpie” Cards

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[DP21] Legend Duelist 4: New “Harpie” Cards

It’s Mai’s world. You just live in it. Or: Harpie Lady Sisters gets appreciated.

DP21-JP001 Harpie Perfumer
    Level 4 WIND Winged Beast Effect Monster
    ATK 1400
    DEF 1300
    You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
    (1) This card’s name becomes “Harpie Lady” while it is on the field or in the GY.
    (2) If this card is Normal/Special Summoned: You can add 1 Spell/Trap Card that specifically lists the card name “Harpie Lady Sisters” from your Deck to your hand. If you activated this effect while you controlled a Level 5 or higher “Harpie” monster, you can add up to 2 of those cards with different names instead.

DP21-JP002 Harpie Oracle
    Level 4 WIND Winged Beast Effect Monster
    ATK 1300
    DEF 1400
    You can only use this card name’s (2) and (3) effects once per turn each.
    (1) This card’s name becomes “Harpie Lady” while it is on the field or in the GY.
    (2) If you control a Level 5 or higher “Harpie” Monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
    (3) If this card is Normal/Special Summoned: You can activate this effect; during the End Phase of this turn, add 1 Spell/Trap Card that specifically lists the card name “Harpie Lady Sisters” from your GY to your hand.

DP21-JP003 Miwaku no Split Mirror / Split Mirrors of Seduction
    Continuous Spell Card
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) When a “Harpie Lady” or “Harpie Lady Sisters” you control is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 “Harpie” monster with a different original name from your Deck.
    (2) If this card on the field is destroyed by an opponent’s card effect, or your “Harpie” card effect: Target 1 “Harpie” monster in your GY; Special Sumon it.

DP21-JP005 Kareinaru Harpie Lady / The Elegant Harpie Lady
    Normal Trap Card
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) Return 1 “Harpie Lady Sisters” you control to the Deck, then you can Special Summon 3 “Harpie” monsters with different names (1 each from your hand, Deck, and GY). You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except WIND monsters.
    (2) If this card on the field is destroyed by your opponent’s card effect or your “Harpie” card effect: Add 1 “Harpie” monster from your Deck to your hand.

Source: https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&&id=384

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being character-based, focus on Harpie Lady Sisters was predictable and welcome. But this is more a nod to Sisters than actual support for Sisters, because only the last card actually requires Sisters (and then again, not really, because you can just pop it with Hunting Ground to use the second effect instead).

Perfumer and Oracle play fun at Mai's Aroma Tactics, who used perfumes to pretend to have divination powers. Nice throwback to her first duel. Their effects, on the other hand, are a R4NK and Link engine. Perfumer->Elegant Egotist->Oracle->R4NK/Link2->free search at End-Phase. Boring and dumb, but obviously powerful.

Split Mirrors nods Elegant Egotist and Mirror Wall (also a Mai card), I guess. Beautiful artwork! Both this and the trap combo with Hunting Ground and feed R4NK/Link materials, but I'm not sure if this strategy needs them.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the whole set is female duelists.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably Asuka, Aki, Rio and one of the Yuzus (could be any, to be honest, although Yuzu and Serena are more likely than Rin and Ruri).
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many Harpie cards now, I wonder what Lord of the Storm is going to use when it finally gets an SDR. We still need an Xyz counterpart to Amazoness Empress.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I hope the whole set is female duelists.
    We now know it will be all Female Duelists.

Also, from the rumor mill, which poppoed up after the website reveals but before the magazine scans.

Mai's Harpie Lady
    Alexis' Cyber Angels
    Akiza's Plants
    Anna's Trains
    Celina's Lunalights (so no Melodious if true )

Personally, I think this sound. I'd even want new Lunalight stuff, too, even though I'd want Melodious stuff more (and they'd fit the TCG pack name motif better).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? They are screwing over Yuzu? That's not right. Not right at all. Yuzu should be getting Pendulums. She should be getting a Synchro and Xyz. Her dimension counterparts should get stuff for sure. But later. Yuzu did not get flung through a skyscraper glass window at 60 mph to get screwed over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    What? They are screwing over Yuzu? That's not right. Not right at all. Yuzu should be getting Pendulums. She should be getting a Synchro and Xyz. Her dimension counterparts should get stuff for sure. But later. Yuzu did not get flung through a skyscraper glass window at 60 mph to get screwed over.
    I also want Melodious to get new things. And I agree that Zuzu's due Pendulums, Synchros, and Xyzes.

Unfortunately, I also know that picking Celina and Lunalights makes for the more practical/pragmatic choice. What Lunalights have makes them the most consolidated and straightforward Deck among the Bracelet Girls, so giving support to them is less esoteric an exercise. By comparison to Lunalights, Melodious are more abstract. Also, Zuzu's Melodious would need a pack/Structure Deck all her own in order to get her up to even near-pace to Yuya's Rainbow Deck. It would need to be a whole product dedicated to Melodious. And while they could give a little here and a little there, they'd need to justify giving ongoing support to a past-series character.

It's basically the same reason to why they would choose Anna over Rio.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowkey still waiting for the Cats. As much as I like the Lunalight's, I mean Kathy's Cats, buffed hopefully.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSW View Post
    Lowkey still waiting for the Cats. As much as I like the Lunalight's, I mean Kathy's Cats, buffed hopefully.
    Her actual anime cards would need to come out in some place like Collectors Pack first before she can be featured in Duelist Pack. As you are waiting for Cats, I am waiting for Blair's Mystic Revolution cards to come out(just 5 cards) as then getting 5 original cards in a Duelist Pack afterwards is enough to complete her theme.