User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salamangreat Fusion Cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salamangreat Fusion Cards

lol you thought this was the Synchro set?

Salamangreat Violet Chimera / Salamangreat Violet Chimera
    Fire Cyberse / Fusion / Effect
    LV8 2800/2000
    1 “Salamangreat” monster + 1 Link Monster
    (1) If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can have this card gain ATK equal to half the total original ATK of its materials until the end of this turn.
    (2) Once per damage calculation, when this card is battling a monster whose ATK is different from its original ATK: You can double this card’s ATK during this damage calculation only.
    (3) If this card was Fusion Summoned using “Salamangreat Violet Chimera” as a material, the ATK of any monster it battles becomes 0 during damage calculation only.

Fusion of Fire
    Spell Normal
    (This card is always treated as a “Salamangreat” card.)
    You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
    (1) Fusion Summon 1 “Salamangreat” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or either side of the field as materials.

Source: OCG Twitter
    https://ygorganization.com/soulburnerforever/

Violet Chimera gonna be Salamangreat with Super Polymerization, Fusion of Fire, and performing OTKs when possible. Dope to see their fusion treated as the archetype's name which allow it to be search more by it's name sake.
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 1st October 2018 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fusion of Fire's number suggests we won't get the Trickstar fusion until next set. The tournament pack, though already gives away that the new Trickstar Field Spell will be one of the anime spells in this set.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it come as little surprise to me that I love how these cards turned out! I am pleasantly surprised and most appreciative of the fact that they were so accommodating to these cards in their translation into the real game!

The first deal they were cut was the Fusion being made completely Archetype-generic. In the Anime, it required Heatleo as a specially named material. In real life? You can use any Salamangreat! (I'm sure those who aren't fans of Heatleo will likely rejoice.) The "any 1 Link Monster" material is the same, but it just means that you can Summon it yourself with no real issues within the Deck. Its first two effects were unchanged, but it did gain a final effect that encourages "Reincarnating" it using itself as material (just like Emerald Eagle got). That's super easy to do in the Deck on subsequent turns should Violet Chimera not defeat your opponent, since reviving Salamagreats are super easy to do in-theme.

Though I personally will still include Emerald Eagle for flavor and because it isn't really that hard to use in the Deck as it is (between Pre-Prep and Formud Skipper), Violet Chimera will, likely by and large, become the new practical boss of the Deck. It certainly will be the easy to use ATK out that the Deck really wanted (without having to rely solely on Heatleo's Reincarnation effect and/or "World Lance"). Speaking of, I like how Heatleo's Reincarnation effect of changing ATK synergizes so well with Violet Chimera's ATK-doubling effect.

And what can I say, Fusion of Fire is awesome! They were ultra nice to make Fusion of Fire always also be treated as a Salamangreat card. So it becomes more than just a power card, like Power Bond, but it still very much congeals with the Salamangreat Deck. The ability it had in the Anime to opportunistically "steal" enemy Links is wondrous.

So in sum, I love these cards, and I appreciate how they were translated into the real game. They are gonna help Salamangreat Decks out superbly! The Salamangreat and Soulburner fan in me is hyped!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Fusion of Fire's number suggests we won't get the Trickstar fusion until next set. The tournament pack, though already gives away that the new Trickstar Field Spell will be one of the anime spells in this set.
    Yeah that is pretty strange. Placing Salamangreats above Trickstars makes sense, since Soulburner's deuteragonist status means he technically does "stand above" Blue Girl. With that established, Fusion of Fire makes sense to be before the Trickstar Field and Fusion Spell, and there are even 2 slots to accommodate both of Blue Girl's Spells. However, Violet Chimera is right before the Neos Fusions, which would imply that we aren't getting Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar, despite the in-coming release of the Trickstar token impling we are getting the Field used in the same Duel as her Fusion and his Fusion. Unless they do some Varis-level of shenanagins in placing Sweet Guitar above Violet Chimera, like they did Borrelsword above even Yusaku's Links when Varis didn't hold the cover card.

If we don't get the Fusion and Spell (and likely not Birdhelm either, alas), that could mean we either get Trickstar Vision (it'll be about time, if so), or one of Soulburner's miscellanous FIRE/Salamagreat/Link support Spells he's played, like that climatic one he used to win and gain the upper hand against Zombie boy and Shepherd.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think that we'll be getting those Trickstars this set sadly.

On another note, use Fusion tag on something with 5000 ATK, fuse it with a 3000 ATK Link, and you have a monster that can reach 13,600 ATK and saps anything it battles to 0 ATK.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Don't think that we'll be getting those Trickstars this set sadly.

On another note, use Fusion tag on something with 5000 ATK, fuse it with a 3000 ATK Link, and you have a monster that can reach 13,600 ATK and saps anything it battles to 0 ATK.
    And once again, Fusion Tag for the Win!

Also, we should be getting Trickstar Live Stage, even if we don't get anything else Trickstar.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious how they will apply the "reincarnation" concept to the Salamangreat Synchro (assuming Soulburner will get a Synchro). Level manipilation shenanigans?
    Last edited by Link-0; 1st October 2018 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    I'm curious how they will apply the "reincarnation" concept to the Salamangreat Synchro (assuming Soulburner will get a Synchro). Level manipilation shenanigans?
    Someone suggested a Level Eater-esque Tuner.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that sounds likely, given Salamangreat's thematic GY recursion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised we're getting this in Savage Strike. This means the Soulburner Structure Deck will be entirely new content.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly