User Tag List

Thread: Legendary Duelist Izayoi Aki

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legendary Duelist Izayoi Aki

Akiza Izinski for those more familiar with the English dub.

Garden Rose Maiden
    Dark Plant / Synchro / Effect
    LV5 1600/2400
    1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 “Black Garden” from your Deck or GY to your hand.
    (2) You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 “Rose Dragon” monster or Dragon Synchro Monster in your GY; Special Summon it.

Dark Rose Fairy
    Dark Fairy / Effect
    LV2 800/1000
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If a Tuner is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
    (2) If this card is in your GY: You can send 1 card from your field or hand to the GY; place this card on either the top or bottom of your Deck.

Red Rose Dragon (previously revealed)

Frozen Roars
    Quick-Play Spell Card
    You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) Send 1 face-up monster you control to the GY; apply one of the following effects depending on the Type of that monster:
    •Plant: During the End Phase of this turn, draw 2 cards then discard 1 card.
    •Non-Plant: Add 1 Level 4 or lower Plant monster from your Deck to your hand.

Blooming Rose
    Normal Trap Card
    You can only use the (2) effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) Special Summon Rose Tokens (Plant/DARK/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 800) in Defense Position to either player’s side of the field up to the number of Field Spell Cards in the Field Zones as well as either player’s GY.
    (2) If this card is in your GY: You can target 1 “Black Rose Dragon” or 1 Plant monster you control; banish that monster, and if you do, place this card at the bottom of your Deck. Return the monster that was banished by this effect to the field during the next Standby Phase.

Source: Yugioh.jp news website.
    https://ygorganization.com/pitchblackflowerblooms/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her ace monster is FIRE but all her related monsters are DARK. Makes perfect sense...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Garden support is welcome. Maiden and Fairy have ATK in multiples of 800 for synergy with Black Garden.

Frozen Roars is supposed to be chained to Black Rose Dragon's nuke effect, making its cost free. And Red Rose Dragon can search Frozen Roars. But if Red Rose is used to summon Black Rose, by the time you get Frozen Roars in your hand, it's already too late to chain it to Black Rose' effect. What a shame.

On first look, Aki's support appears to be the weakest/least consistent.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda peeved that Dark Rose Fairy is a Fairy, not a Plant. But yeah, the support in general is a little all over the place.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I'm kinda peeved that Dark Rose Fairy is a Fairy, not a Plant.
    I can accept it because Black Rose Witch / Witch of the Black Rose was not a Plant either (it was a Spellcaster).

I think Dark Rose Fairy references Black Rose Witch. Both cards have names in kanji but given an English-like reading. I think the artworks are kindred too.

Night Rose Knight / Twilight Rose Knight (a DARK Warrior) is another Aki's card which shares the same patterns.

In contrast, another Aki's card, whose TCG name is "Rose Fairy", does not share this naming pattern (and it is a Plant).

I'd localize "Dark Rose Fairy" as "Fairy of the Dark Rose" if only to make these relationships clearer.