User Tag List

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: [SAST] TCG WP news

  1. #1
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,225
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    [SAST] TCG WP news

    The Valkyries ride again!
    Summer’s Shadows in Valhalla was only the beginning! Shadows in Valhalla introduced many of Zigfried von Schroeder’s “Valkyrie” cards from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series. More cards from the anime will arrive in Savage Strike along with brand new never-before-seen Valkyries!
    sources: https://yugioh-card.com/en/products/bp-sast.html and https://yugioh-card.com/en/products/se-sast.html


    No mention of Danger! or any other exclusives.

    This quote suggests we'll get at least 2 game original Valkyries and at least 2 anime back row cards. But we may get even more than that.
    Two of Ziegfried's Valkyrie support were rolled into two of his monsters. Pegasus Wing became part of Fortune Chariot's effect. And a weaker version of Rainbow Bridge was given to Dritte. I would prefer the remaining cards stay backrow and don't get absorbed into monster effects as his deck purposely worked for more Spell usage as evidence by effects like that of Magical Alms.

    Swan Maiden is a simple spell that simply summons a Valkyrie from your hand.
    Valkyrie's Embrace has an effect that is basically- "Switch the Battle Position of 1 "Valkyrie" monster you control: Banish 1 monster your opponent controls."
    Loge's Flame is a direct reference to Wagner's opera The Valkyrie. Wotan has Loge create a prison of flames to punish Brunhilde that she is later freed from by Siegfried. The card prevents opponent's monsters with 2000 or less ATK from attacking and is destroyed when a monster does declare an attack. When Loge's Flame leaves the field, just as in the opera, Brunhilde is freed and can be Special Summoned straight from the Deck.

    Nibelung's Treasure activates Nibelung's Ring from your Deck and lets you draw cards. The ring itself binds the monster it is equipped to while allowing a second card to be drawn by the controller of the equipped monster during their Draw Phase but forces them to discard a card if a monster is drawn. So they should be released together.


    Fricka's Mediation banishes Wotan's Judgement in the GY to prevent all battle damage for the turn. Wotan's Judgement itself is a Negate Attack with the cost of switching a Spell card in your hand with the top card in your Deck then shuffling. So they would also be released together.

  2. #2
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,334
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post

    Nibelung's Treasure activates Nibelung's Ring from your Deck and lets you draw cards. The ring itself binds the monster it is equipped to while allowing a second card to be drawn by the controller of the equipped monster during their Draw Phase but forces them to discard a card if a monster is drawn. So they should be released together.


    Fricka's Mediation banishes Wotan's Judgement in the GY to prevent all battle damage for the turn. Wotan's Judgement itself is a Negate Attack with the cost of switching a Spell card in your hand with the top card in your Deck then shuffling. So they would also be released together.
    I can't think of any way you can make treasure without it being better than just Pot of Greed; I think the ring alone is fine (or, at most, it gives yu only one card). I'd say just let Wotan's banish itself and scrap Fricka's.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  3. #3
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,225
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I can't think of any way you can make treasure without it being better than just Pot of Greed; I think the ring alone is fine (or, at most, it gives yu only one card).
    *Equip a "Nibelung's Ring" from your Deck to a monster your opponent controls, and if you do, and you control a "Valkyrie" monster; Draw cards until there are 5 cards in your hand but if you do not activate a Spell card for the rest of your turn, banish your hand during the End Phase.

    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I'd say just let Wotan's banish itself and scrap Fricka's.
    That's no way to treat a lady, especially Odin's wife! ;P
    But yeah, I can see that happening.


    I'm just wondering if Konami is liable to make a duelist-insert card. A "Siegfried" warrior monster support card that resembles Ziegfried in armor. If Seto has Kaibaman, you'd think Zieggy would get jealous.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 21st October 2018 at 10:20 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ScionStorm, Fortune Chariot always had that effect that Pegasus Wing had. That, at least, isn't an example of them folding Anime Spells/Traps in to translated Monsters.

    I pretty came up with the same conclusion that TCG Savage Strike would likely have 2 new Valkyrie Monsters and 2 of the unreleased Anime Spells and Traps.

    Do note that even though Danger!s aren't missing, don't expect them not to be here. I also would expected more than the 4 slots of Zigfried support, the same 4 slots Noble Knights had the past 2 TCG Sets.

    Also, I am over the moon with joy with this new! Game original Zigfried support this soon, or even period, was something I did not expect, but that I welcome with open arms! I hope this sets a precedent of releasing Anime/Manga cards as TCG World Premieres even in Main Sets, especially since OCG has so few avenues for such a huge backlog.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •