(DP21) Lunalights

https://ygorganization.com/flymetothemoonletmeplayamongthecards/

DP21-JP045 Moonlight Sabre Dancer / Lunalight Sabre Dancer
    Level 9 DARK Beast-Warrior Fusion Effect Monster
    ATK 3000
    DEF 2600
    Materials: 3 “Lunalight” monsters
    Must be Fusion Summoned.
    You can only use this card name’s (3) effect once per turn.
    (1) Gains 200 ATK for each Beast-Warrior monster that is currently banished or in a GY.
    (2) Cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effect.
    (3) During your Main Phase, except during the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 Fusion Monster you control; it gains 3000 ATK until the end of this turn.

DP21-JP046 Moonlight Emerald Bird / Lunalight Emerald Bird
    Level 4 DARK Beast-Warrior Effect Monster
    ATK 1200
    DEF 1000
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If this card is Normal/Special Summoned: You can send 1 “Lunalight” card from your hand to the GY, and if you do, draw 1 card.
    (2) If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower “Lunalight” monster you have that is currently banished or in your GY, except “Lunalight Emerald Bird”; Special Summon it in Defense Position, but its effects effects are negated.

DP21-JP047 Moonlight Yellow Marten / Lunalight Yellow Marten
    Level 4 DARK Beast-Warrior Effect Monster
    ATK 800
    DEF 2000
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If this card is in your hand or GY: You can target 1 “Lunalight” card you control, except “Lunalight Yellow Marten”; return that card to the hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card in Defense Position, but banish it if it leaves the field.
    (2) If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can add 1 “Lunalight” Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.

DP21-JP048 Moonlight Serenade Dance / Lunalight Serenade Dance
    Continuous Trap Card
    You can only use the (2) effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) When a Fusion Monster(s) is Fusion Summoned to your field: You can target 1 of those monsters; apply the following effects.
    •Special Summon 1 “Lunalight Token” (DARK/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/2000 ATK/2000 DEF) to your opponent’s field.
    •That target gains 500 ATK for each monster the opponent controls.
    (2) During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY; send 1 card from your hand to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Lunalight” monster from your Deck.

DP21-JP049 Moonlight Fusion / Lunalight Fusion
    Normal Spell Card
    You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) Fusion Summon a “Lunalight” Fusion Monster using monsters in your hand or that you control as fusion materials. If your opponent controls a monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you can use 1 “Lunalight” monster in your Deck or Extra Deck as one of the fusion materials.

https://ygorganization.com/hanatemonster/

• Lunalight Kaleido Chick
    • Lunalight Blue Cat
    • Luna Light Perfume
    • Lunalight Leo Dancer
    • Lunalight Panther Dancer
    • Lunalight Cat Dancer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lunalights stole the moon with this support!

Well, it seems the rumors panned out correctly and they went with the "safe" choice of Celina's Lunalights. Not gonna lie, I still very much wanted Melodious things, but Lunalight was the most likely pick, rumors aside. Again, it was the safe pick.

Their effects are generically good and cater to the Decks beatdown strategy. A little typical, but it is what it is at times when it comes to consistency effects.

All in all, I liked this pack. A lot of the usual suspects are calling for its head, or ignorantly saying only Trains and this got "good" support, via an equally ignorant lense of broken meta homogeneity. But the way I see it, beyond such a lense, they cards all cater to certain things about the Decks. Harpies cater to Sisters, which isn't surprising. Cyber Angels really just give pieces to extend on what the Deck already has. As far as bases covered, there isn't much they could get in addition, minus what they did get here. Also, they probably didn't want to end up supporting things they rather leave a certain way, like the Herald, which Cyber Angels have ended up making considerably more consistent, especially with the Impcantations not in need of consideration. I also like how they gained something that allows for more easier flowing between Cyber Angels of diparate Levels, as well as something that is meant to directly combo off of each Level 6.

Akiza support works for her classic Black Garden Deck, while adding names to the Rose Dragons, making them an archetype. They are, in my opinion, the most esoteric of the support, but that's more due to me not being able to wrap Black Garden around my head like I want to. And lastly, Trains and Lunalights, the more straightforward, max-damage beatdown Decks were given the more straightforward, homogeneous support, which came at the cost of ignorant knee-jerking and dismissing of the other girls' things.

I'm happy they did a Lady's Night Out Pack, and I hope this isn't the last of such things in this game. There are plenty more Ladies where these 5 came from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -The fusion monster is OK for first turn in case that your opp make you to go first, but after that it fades with the other fusions. Not sure why you can't use the 3º eff the same turn, i mean, we got in the same pack a 6000atk beater with multi attack which is way easier to summon that summon this fusion, get a second fusion with it into cat dancer and another lunalight for the multi-attack. I would run only 1, 2 if enough space.

-Emeral bird is amazing. Draw power which procs the effect of the other lunalight or setup gy with perfume or the new trap. Also the eff of revival is pretty nice. Is the 4º card with revival effect in this archetype, thats a lot. Run 3 always

-Yellow marten for me is the MVP, is a better zephyros in a deck that spams the effect of its pendulum monster. Pretty neat. The second effect is also nice, even if the spell/trap of the archetype are a bit lackluster. Run between 2 and 3

-Serenade is great as you can use the second eff easy with foolish burial goods, resulting on a "one for one" for kaleido from deck. The first effect is random, but if you start first and have it maybe makes you an easy otk. I would run 1 (with 3 foolish)

-Lunalight fusion aka nerfed shaddoll fusion. Not bad, but the deck has sinergy with polymerization, so if this card is not treated like one is not that great, also you can only use 1 per turn, so you can't use it to fusion scale. Anyways, is a good adittion to the base polymerization. I would run 2.

Overall nice support. This deck was pretty much dead without the zoodiac engine (you could still do some cool combos but they lead to nowhere in this format). Idk if this deck will see any competitive light, but is considerable better now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    -Serenade is great as you can use the second eff easy with foolish burial goods, resulting on a "one for one" for kaleido from deck. The first effect is random, but if you start first and have it maybe makes you an easy otk.
    The first effect isn't random. In fact, it's wise and sensible design for a Deck that loves attacking into things. Basically, it allows the Deck to its job without having to 100% depend on the opponent "cooperating" and leaving things in ATK. It reminds me of some of the other Legend Duelist support over the last couple years. It's probably the most logical of the effects, not counting the more typical consistency effects, and even this could be counted among it, when you take into consideration the Deck's desires. It might even be my fav effect of the bunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    The first effect isn't random. In fact, it's wise and sensible design for a Deck that loves attacking into things. Basically, it allows the Deck to its job without having to 100% depend on the opponent "cooperating" and leaving things in ATK. It reminds me of some of the other Legend Duelist support over the last couple years. It's probably the most logical of the effects, not counting the more typical consistency effects, and even this could be counted among it, when you take into consideration the Deck's desires. It might even be my fav effect of the bunch.
    Yeah, maybe "random" wasnt a good word for it. I understand the effect and why of it, but is still a gimmick effect that if your opponent is able to stop you at some point you just gave them free 2000atk beaters or link materials.

After testing a bit yesterday the new cards, I have now a better oppinion of the fusion monster. Now with the extra main monsters is very easy to summon and hits like a truck, and as I thought, it gives a huge pressure going first or against deck which relays a lot on targeting (I won against an altergeist by just summoning it). The rest of them is pretty much what I expected

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    Yeah, maybe "random" wasnt a good word for it. I understand the effect and why of it, but is still a gimmick effect that if your opponent is able to stop you at some point you just gave them free 2000atk beaters or link materials.

After testing a bit yesterday the new cards, I have now a better oppinion of the fusion monster. Now with the extra main monsters is very easy to summon and hits like a truck, and as I thought, it gives a huge pressure going first or against deck which relays a lot on targeting (I won against an altergeist by just summoning it). The rest of them is pretty much what I expected
    I don't wish to get too deep into it, but I do want say that I really, really disagree with the notion of calling it a "gimmick" effect, as I'm not a fan of that throwaway term and also as I again feel such an effect is logical (its basically a more practically designed version of Lunalight Dance's ideal; instead of turning a Defense Monster to Offense and weakening it, just give the "uncooperative" player an ATK Monster to go to town). If they stop it, well, they could also stop anything/everything else, so oh well. Nothing is set it stone with this game, but the what I see is that if/when you play it, one way or the other, it won't be left on the opponent's field to Link.

Glad you came around to the Fusion, though.