Thread: [OCG] Starter Deck 2019

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[OCG] Starter Deck 2019

https://ygorganization.com/isthistheendoffirewall/

A major key sales point of Starter Deck 2019 is it will contain Yusaku’s new ace monster in the Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS animated series. This goes along with the fact the Deck is meant to be comfy for beginners to use, and the Ultra Rares (once of which is this new ace) can also come in Secret Rare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotonLegion View Post
    https://ygorganization.com/isthistheendoffirewall/

A major key sales point of Starter Deck 2019 is it will contain Yusaku’s new ace monster in the Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS animated series. This goes along with the fact the Deck is meant to be comfy for beginners to use, and the Ultra Rares (once of which is this new ace) can also come in Secret Rare.
    Hopefully this means OCG is also losing Firewall soon. Anyway, I wonder if this monster will be a new Code Talker or Link Dragon. I doubt they'd put an Xyz Monster here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Hopefully this means OCG is also losing Firewall soon. Anyway, I wonder if this monster will be a new Code Talker or Link Dragon. I doubt they'd put an Xyz Monster here.
    The Xyz "Cyberse ??? Dragon" will be in Dark Neostorm. So this will certainly be a link.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    The Xyz "Cyberse ??? Dragon" will be in Dark Neostorm. So this will certainly be a link.
    I wonder if this will carry on the "Cyberse ??? Dragon" naming convention then (if it is indeed another Dragon)...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote is for an upgraded, link 4 version of Decode Talker. Firewall, unlike other ace monsters, is never used significantly more than his other boss monsters and is not given special significance in the lore of the show. And decode was the code talker representing Ai, and was given the honor of the finishing blow of the season 1 finale. It's also the card officially considered his ace, just going by the recent special artwork reprints.
    So, I'm calling a new form of decode talker, possibly link 4, definitely with arrows conductive to his co-linking strategy.
    Current deck: Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    My vote is for an upgraded, link 4 version of Decode Talker. Firewall, unlike other ace monsters, is never used significantly more than his other boss monsters and is not given special significance in the lore of the show. And decode was the code talker representing Ai, and was given the honor of the finishing blow of the season 1 finale. It's also the card officially considered his ace, just going by the recent special artwork reprints.
    So, I'm calling a new form of decode talker, possibly link 4, definitely with arrows conductive to his co-linking strategy.
    Decode getting an alt art this year might be more due to Firewall already getting 2 last year, near unprecedented for non-Dark Magician/Blue-Eyes, and because this may simply be the first signs of phasing out Firewall Dragon on the marketing front.

Beforehand, even if Playmaker didn't use Firewall too often (and Firewall isn't really that consistent and characteristic of an "Ace-friendly" Monster usable in an environment like the Anime), Firewall was still very much considered and marketed as Yusaku's main Ace and also the face of the VRAINS Anime. The TCG only now being allowed to ban Firewall after having to suffer through primarily scapegoat hits means that it was worth something 'til then.

Granted, Firewall not being as easy to use or as conforming to typical Ace standards of proactive offensiveness means "phasing" it out of the show usage-wise was easier to do. Still, it took until year 3 for the big Ace change to happen. And if you haven't noticed, Decode Talker hasn't been used at all since Season 1 ended, over 30 episodes ago. In fact, Firewall Dragon (and in a more typically offesive and proactive manner) has been used more than Decode in that span of time.