User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [19PP] Duel Link Dragon (I see what you did there Konami).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[19PP] Duel Link Dragon (I see what you did there Konami).

A new card based on the Main Monster of Rex Godwin in Manga!5D's have appeared. And it came from litteraly nowhere.

Kettouryuu Duel Link Dragon/(Duel Dragon) Duel Link Dragon
    DARK/Dragon
    Link/Effect
    0/LINK-4
    L/R/BL/BR

2+ Monsters including a Synchro Monster

You can only use the (1) effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) During either player’s Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 “Power Tool” Synchro Monster or a Level 7 or 8 Dragon Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck; Special Summon 1 “Duel Dragon Token” with the same Type, Attribute, Level, ATK and DEF as that monster, to your side of the field so that it is pointed by this card.
    (2) If you control a “Duel Dragon Token”, your opponent cannot target this card for attacks or effects.

> Generic materials. Coral Dragon exist and will make you plus when used to summoning Link!Tzolk'in
    > Summon Tokens at the cost of banishing the easiest Synchros to summon, so quite an easy achievement
    > No downside or summoning restriction afterward whatsover, letting you Link or Synchro Spam whatever you feel like (friendly reminder that Knightmares are generic and extremely powerfull, and Borreload Savage Dragon is a thing).

Not the greatest card of all, but it wasn't meant to be. You can use it as a stepping stone for something bigger. Not particuliary broken but not hot shit garbage either like some pretend it is on Facebook just because it doesn't negate your opponent's right to play the game.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tzoli'nk

Last thing I expected to see. Was actually hoping for Blackwing Link just so we could get that out of the way. Poor Dragonecro gets left out again.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems "ok"

The only thing that make it heavily unlikely atleast for me it´s the rank, if this was a Rank3 then would sound like a easy and nice deal, but 4??? Doesn´t sound that good and the fact that you still have to banish one synchro dragon from the graveyard which easily can becomes usable again to get a random token once per turn doesn´t help much imo

["Tangerines kick ass"]___________________["White Dragon Rules"]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to banish one from the extra deck.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex✭Blanc View Post
    Seems "ok"

The only thing that make it heavily unlikely atleast for me it´s the rank, if this was a Rank3 then would sound like a easy and nice deal, but 4??? Doesn´t sound that good and the fact that you still have to banish one synchro dragon from the graveyard which easily can becomes usable again to get a random token once per turn doesn´t help much imo
    I think you mean Rating instead of Rank.
    Also, as Archsorcerer has said, you banish from the Extra Deck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I think you mean Rating instead of Rank.
    Also, as Archsorcerer has said, you banish from the Extra Deck.
    Well yeah, *Link3

["Tangerines kick ass"]___________________["White Dragon Rules"]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The card sucks but I feel like Doppelwarrior and Black Garden tokens are easy ways to summon it.

Also that Signal Warrior has to get a corresponding field spell with its effects.

Remember when Legendary Fisherman III came out before II? Konami does weird things.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    Remember when Legendary Fisherman III came out before II? Konami does weird things.
    We are getting Starving Venemy Lethal Dose Dragon without Starving Venemy Dragon anywhere in sight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the point of this retrain was to give a new Ultimaya Tzolkin after Master Rule 4 made the original much more difficult to use, but I really don't think that was a good replacement. I would still much rather go with the old Link 2 + Tzolkin route.

That said, if think it's neat that this card's reveal date was December 20th, same as the original Tzolkin (although both would be much better in December 21th, last day of the Mayan calendar).
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Tindangle
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    A new card based on the Main Monster of Rex Godwin in Manga!5D's have appeared. And it came from litteraly nowhere.

Kettouryuu Duel Link Dragon/(Duel Dragon) Duel Link Dragon
    DARK/Dragon
    Link/Effect
    0/LINK-4
    L/R/BL/BR

2+ Monsters including a Synchro Monster

You can only use the (1) effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) During either player’s Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 “Power Tool” Synchro Monster or a Level 7 or 8 Dragon Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck; Special Summon 1 “Duel Dragon Token” with the same Type, Attribute, Level, ATK and DEF as that monster, to your side of the field so that it is pointed by this card.
    (2) If you control a “Duel Dragon Token”, your opponent cannot target this card for attacks or effects.

> Generic materials. Coral Dragon exist and will make you plus when used to summoning Link!Tzolk'in
    > Summon Tokens at the cost of banishing the easiest Synchros to summon, so quite an easy achievement
    > No downside or summoning restriction afterward whatsover, letting you Link or Synchro Spam whatever you feel like (friendly reminder that Knightmares are generic and extremely powerfull, and Borreload Savage Dragon is a thing).

Not the greatest card of all, but it wasn't meant to be. You can use it as a stepping stone for something bigger. Not particuliary broken but not hot shit garbage either like some pretend it is on Facebook just because it doesn't negate your opponent's right to play the game.
    Nice to see you again, @Indytotof!

Agree with your assessment. Also agree with your frustration at the obnoxious hate this card is getting/got. It's also not as difficult to play, despite being a Link-4 that demands a Synchro, as people claim it is.