User Tag List

Thread: Text Reveal: Draw of Destiny [20TH-JPB03]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Text Reveal: Draw of Destiny [20TH-JPB03]

A hyperblurry image is no longer a mystery to us.

20TH-JPB03
    Unmei no Draw / Draw of Destiny

Normal Spell Card
    You can only activate 1 card with this cards name per turn.
    (1): If your LP is lower than your opponents, and your opponent controls the monster on the field with the highest ATK (if it is a tie, your opponent must control every tied monster): For the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot Set Spell/Trap Cards and you can only activate a card/effect one time, also reveal 3 cards with different names from your Deck, and if you do, shuffle them and return them to the top of your Deck, then draw 1 card.

Exodia, DM and BLS silhouettes depicted in the art.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Woohoo! Look at all my restrictions! Now look at these 3 cards from my Deck-whoops there they go, which one's top, no one knows! Now, finally, I get to draw 1 card."

Did I read the card correctly?
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeee.... Think ill keep my Pot of Desires---

i get the idea but, your opponent already having a monster on field to activate this name card once per turn kinda kiiled it, maybe if was not just once per turn then---

Sounds like a better idea to simply run desires if thats the case.

["Tangerines kick ass"]___________________["White Dragon Rules"]

Registered User BlackBlood15532's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, the fact that you almost always have to be at a disadvantage to use this card, and the effect restrictions, really ruin it. If it had an effect where it became a real Destiny Draw at 1000 or less LP I would consider it better.

...I mean, I say all this but let's be honest, your opponent could have Nettles on the field to your empty one and you could be at 7500 LP while your opponent is untouched. The requirements for this card are really easy to fulfill. Not to mention there are a lot of single-use cards that could turn a duel around (Raigeki, Dark Hole, etc.). Plus you're taking 3 cards in your deck and putting them on top of your deck. Assuming you survive after the turn you use this card (hand traps and pre-set fds are a thing), you've set your next draws up for the next two turns. There's a reason Exodia is up there on that card.

The problem is that, unlike PoD, you have to play "around" this card, setting up to work with it. You have to set traps early, and possibly hold on to them, when you could just as well fire them off to prevent an earlier play by the opponent, all so that you have protection for after you play this card. With PoD you banish 10 and draw 2, that's it; no need to play around it. for this card, you have to strategize around it because, depending on the deck you're using, you may be extending a losing situation, which is very bad. To use this card, would be to weigh in on whether or not 3 cards in your deck is worth it.

...Did I mention Exodia yet? Putting 3 of the 5 pieces on the top of your deck? I don't know how good/bad Exodia is, but that sounds just top shelf!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we all collectively agree to boycott Konami of America if this card doesn't get named "Heart of the Cards" in the TCG?
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Tindangle
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only think of Satellars, Counter Fairies or Paleozoics using this. You know: "Normal summon, set 4, end turn."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Symbol of Friendship might even be better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Can we all collectively agree to boycott Konami of America if this card doesn't get named "Heart of the Cards" in the TCG?
    YES.
    Current deck: Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be funny if Heart of the Cards became a separate card that was meant to work with Draw of Destiny and make it Tier0 if you draw it using Destiny Draw's effect.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlood15532 View Post
    Honestly, the fact that you almost always have to be at a disadvantage to use this card, and the effect restrictions, really ruin it. If it had an effect where it became a real Destiny Draw at 1000 or less LP I would consider it better.

...I mean, I say all this but let's be honest, your opponent could have Nettles on the field to your empty one and you could be at 7500 LP while your opponent is untouched. The requirements for this card are really easy to fulfill. Not to mention there are a lot of single-use cards that could turn a duel around (Raigeki, Dark Hole, etc.). Plus you're taking 3 cards in your deck and putting them on top of your deck. Assuming you survive after the turn you use this card (hand traps and pre-set fds are a thing), you've set your next draws up for the next two turns. There's a reason Exodia is up there on that card.

The problem is that, unlike PoD, you have to play "around" this card, setting up to work with it. You have to set traps early, and possibly hold on to them, when you could just as well fire them off to prevent an earlier play by the opponent, all so that you have protection for after you play this card. With PoD you banish 10 and draw 2, that's it; no need to play around it. for this card, you have to strategize around it because, depending on the deck you're using, you may be extending a losing situation, which is very bad. To use this card, would be to weigh in on whether or not 3 cards in your deck is worth it.

...Did I mention Exodia yet? Putting 3 of the 5 pieces on the top of your deck? I don't know how good/bad Exodia is, but that sounds just top shelf!
    I disagree with the general philosophy of your post. Changing the effect any other way would have defeated the point of this card. And it isn't meant to be a replacement for Pot of Desires.

I don't think its as difficult to use as you guys are making it out to be, honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    I can only think of Satellars, Counter Fairies or Paleozoics using this. You know: "Normal summon, set 4, end turn."
    But you can't Set stuff after using this, so if you were hoping to top-Deck are powerful or clutch facedown...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I wouldn't boycott, but I would be rather surprised and a little saddened if it didn't get named that.